Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I did some work on my Apollo replica. Not enough to post pictures about.

I also started working on craft for a grand tour mission.

2017-04-21%2020-25-29.png

My vacuum lander has batteries for landing legs. What could possibly go wrong?

2017-04-21%2020-40-59.png

I was amused by the complaint of "High Transonic / Supersonic Drag!"

Thanks FAR! I'll remember that next time I think of trying to make a Kerbal go supersonic in a seat using an ion engine.

2017-04-21%2016-59-19.png

Minute hand now works on my clock... Theoretically at least. Haven't tested that.

32 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

2017-04-21%2016-59-19.png

Minute hand now works on my clock... Theoretically at least. Haven't tested that.

Holy excrements, is that clockwork in KSP? That's insane. I beg you for a craft file download, if not now then when you're finished.

Hm. Do you think it's possible to build an analog computer in KSP? Anyone know of a way to reliably write, store and read bits of data using stock parts?

11 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Holy excrements, is that clockwork in KSP? That's insane. I beg you for a craft file download, if not now then when you're finished.

Hm. Do you think it's possible to build an analog computer in KSP? Anyone know of a way to reliably write, store and read bits of data using stock parts?

I imagine that it could be done, given enough moving parts. If anyone could do it, it would be @EpicSpaceTroll139.

And back on the train of doing stuff never before done in stock KSP (I think), I'm working on a probe and drogue refueling system for my KC-46.

oXoGbZ1.jpg

Basically, the tube has a bit that rolls from front to back docking in either position. There are jet engines to push it forward, and the drag from the fins should bring it back easily enough.

LsFzfVY.jpg

Here's my fuselage work for the KC-46 so far.

5 minutes ago, Servo said:

I imagine that it could be done, given enough moving parts. If anyone could do it, it would be @EpicSpaceTroll139

<snip>

Here's my fuselage work for the KC-46 so far.

Lol I'd have to learn a whole lot about analog computers first. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do it xD. 

I get the feeling even a 4 function calculator would have 1000+ parts lol.

Anyways, nice work with the KC-46!

16 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Some people made a sort of basic building block for a mechanical calculator, years ago. Very tedious work and worked only in space. It was very slow as well.

However ... I've created a mod which has the potential to grow and create logic building blocks. Not yet released.

10 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Some people made a sort of basic building block for a mechanical calculator, years ago. Very tedious work and worked only in space. It was very slow as well.

However ... I've created a mod which has the potential to grow and create logic building blocks. Not yet released.

I'd like a gadget that would just let me program action groups, need it for controlling disco lights in my nightclub...^_^

Working on some engines, maybe make a replica of the Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации.

RlVlBVg.png

310 LF and 17.0 intake air each...

Trying some stuff...

I5Nqqj7.png

It doesn't look like a  PAK FA yet..

Edited by Triop

6 minutes ago, Triop said:

I'd like a gadget that would just let me program action groups, need it for controlling disco lights in my nightclub...^_^

That's relatively easy to create but ... you'd need to study the principles so you can adapt the parameters. Not very difficult though.

8 minutes ago, Azimech said:

That's relatively easy to create but ... you'd need to study the principles so you can adapt the parameters. Not very difficult though.

My knowledge of programming doesn't go further then messing a bit with config files, is there a cfg file for the action groups ?

Btw I like your Citroentje, love the way you started with a frame and did it stock. :cool:

Edited by Triop

Just now, Triop said:

My knowledge of programming doesn't go further then messing a bit with config files, is there a cfg file for the action groups ?

Btw I like your Citoentje, love the way you started with a frame and did it stock. :cool:

Thanks!

That's the fun, my mod is done only with editing config files, I can't code either. But I reprogrammed stock KSP modules to do what I want. So ... anyone can.

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

Thanks!

That's the fun, my mod is done only with editing config files, I can't code either. But I reprogrammed stock KSP modules to do what I want. So ... anyone can.

One more question, can you send me the "Glass" mod, if you know what I mean ? :wink:

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

@Triop - Have you considered using normal elevon controls for the front controls? It seems that elevon 3 could work for that - or the slanted one maybe...

Didn't think of that yet, this is a hard plane for me, I'm in over my head :confused:

Something like this ?

Ab6aSPj.png

I'll give it a try, thanks for your input, I will need more for this project...^_^

Yeah something like that. You can also stick on d-structural wing (the small delta one) and align it to the rest of the wing to make it nice and straight after clipping the elevon into the fuselage a little bit. That is probably what I would do. Alternatively, another elevon could be put there to make it square, but I'm not sure how it would look deployed..

Also, you're welcome

Edited by qzgy

BREAKING NEWS: Hostages taken by terrorists!

Earlier today, KASA announced that Valentina Kerman and Bob Kerman, 2 high-profile figures at the KSC, have been kidnapped by the HAWX gang. The prisoners, which also include 2 other pilots, are being held at the KSC Island, where, according to KSC Brass, 3 rovers and 2 AAA guns are stationed. An X-25 Predator has been dispatched, and will take off momentarily at time of press

4 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

BREAKING NEWS: Hostages taken by terrorists!

Earlier today, KASA announced that Valentina Kerman and Bob Kerman, 2 high-profile figures at the KSC, have been kidnapped by the HAWX gang. The prisoners, which also include 2 other pilots, are being held at the KSC Island, where, according to KSC Brass, 3 rovers and 2 AAA guns are stationed. An X-25 Predator has been dispatched, and will take off momentarily at time of press

I love how you always tell us random stories and never show us pictures. :lol:

Edited by Triop

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

c'mon... How bad can it be?

It once took 10 minutes to go 5 seconds into a YouTube video... Because Internet Explorer "Stopped responding" or something stupid like that

The internets surprisingly lived; album coming in a few

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

It once took 10 minutes to go 5 seconds into a YouTube video... Because Internet Explorer "Stopped responding" or something stupid like that

Ok, that's bad. Just out of curiosity, on KSP is frames per second or seconds per frame?