[WIP] Vessel View: v0.4

PeteTimesSix

Hmm. I have no idea.

-snip-

Huh. Can I have the craft file/debug console output?

A combination of the two would work well. If this mod were able to display the right-click menu for parts, it would solve the main IVA-only issue.

Its on the todo list. I think I saw a function that makes it viable while reading the KSP classes docs somewhere, anyway.

Huh. Can I have the craft file/debug console output?

Its on the todo list. I think I saw a function that makes it viable while reading the KSP classes docs somewhere, anyway.

I recently switched over to linux x64 (Ubuntu), worked fine in windows vista, same black screen. I would post a picture but for it is late here (00:33) but wanted to let you know that he is not the only one with a problem.

If not, you could always just display the action group actions a part has available, and allow triggering them. I think that might be the easier route, although I'm entirely just guessing :)

If not, you could always just display the action group actions a part has available, and allow triggering them. I think that might be the easier route, although I'm entirely just guessing :)

You know... if we could reconfigure action groups using this display... *whistle*

Well I spent two days hammering at some matrices trying to get the ship to point the right way up and never getting anywhere and then I realised people probably care about RPM a bit more than they do about ground-relative view, so Ill just throw that up now. Check the main post.

0uomsMPl.jpg

(I know about the issue with the text drawing over itself in latency mode, its on the todo list)

Edited by PeteTimesSix

Someone request these?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm sure this means something to someone...

Worked fine under Vista, but when I switched to linux it broke...

Please excuse my noob forum skills.

As for the .craft file it is the stock Aries III

Edited by DoubleOSeven1
Correcting my album mistake

Hmm, I like this but I'm considering performance. How does it handle particularly large craft? I'd be interesting in supporting it as part of my MFD but depending on how it behaves, I'm not sure whether to give it a spotlight or just make it available.

Yeah, and there is 3 files included. I'm pretty that I don't need three last time.

So it does. Fixed now, though. (Ive split VV into three projects - the core, the standalone plugin and the RPM integration)

The RPM version does not seem to work at all. No controls do anything, just get a screen with 'M <'

Using linux x64 version.

I suspect theres a problem with the 64bit versions of KSP, yeah. Problem is I dont have a linux install around to test on at the moment. Its on the todo list though. (But on the off chance its working, pressing the enter button on your MDF opens up the menu)

Hmm, I like this but I'm considering performance. How does it handle particularly large craft? I'd be interesting in supporting it as part of my MFD but depending on how it behaves, I'm not sure whether to give it a spotlight or just make it available.

I dont actually know - thing is I never build huge crafts, so even if I did build one now I wouldnt know how much of the performance hit is Vessel Viewer and how much is just KSP chugging on the craft.

...then again, I can just hide the screen to check. Ill make sure to test the performance sometime soon then.

Worst case scenario though, only one frame per second should be slowed down in latency mode. Im also going to put in a random delay so that not all screens redraw at once.

Is it possible that settings woudl be saved after reloading game later? Mode of view, angle, etc

Persistence is on the todo list.

Persistence is on the todo list.

If you're up for requests, I'd like to be able to configure the background handler from the config file, so I wouldn't have to use the page handler to control it, and I could put my own text over the display. Or, if you're open to code drops, I can update the source and bounce that back to you.

Found an issue, pWings ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29862-0-23-Procedural-Dynamics-Procedural-Wing-0-7 ) doesn't show up in VV

O2U1c06.jpg

vs

BZUOI1k.jpg

Asked DYJ about it on the IRC and he said: "Probably because it only works with meshrenderers and not skinnedmeshrenderers" not sure if that helps, would be nice if pWings worked with VV. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.