[WIP] Vessel View: v0.4

PeteTimesSix

Hmm the selector only shows the first 6 parts from the top of the rocket... is it possible to select the other ones?

It shows the parts directly attached to the selected part (root by default). To get to, say, the engine on the bottom, you have to travel down the line of fuel tanks, so to speak.

Adding another voice to the hopeful crowd of us alternate OS users? :)

Id love to fix that, but honestly I have no idea what the issue could even be. I dont have linux installed on anything at the moment and besides Ill be busy for quite a bit (HIGHLY underestimated how much work Id need to get my bachelors project done) so dont hold your breath :c

Id love to fix that, but honestly I have no idea what the issue could even be. I dont have linux installed on anything at the moment and besides Ill be busy for quite a bit (HIGHLY underestimated how much work Id need to get my bachelors project done) so dont hold your breath :c

Understood, not a problem. Works great on my Windows rig in the meantime. I wonder what could possibly be the issue.

Anyway, thanks again for the cool addition. This is the only thing I was missing for a full IVA experience!

Understood, not a problem. Works great on my Windows rig in the meantime. I wonder what could possibly be the issue.

Anyway, thanks again for the cool addition. This is the only thing I was missing for a full IVA experience!

Probably just a file path mismatch, linux is very picky about it...

I was looking into that too, as well as any capitalization mismatching I could find, but haven't dug too far in yet as I'm still at work. Looking through the thread it seems to happen on OSX as well. Does OSX force strict file case?

I believe so...

Is there a way to turn latency mode off permanently? I find it annoying at best and always turn it off anyway :/ sorry to be a pain, because this one of my favourite mods

There would be, if I didnt mysteriously forget to add that one specific option to the configurable settings. Oh well, its a quick enough fix.

Right. Updated the RPM version, just add:

buttonHome = 7

latencyMode = false

pageTitle = ---------- Vessel Viewer ----------

to any screen you'd like to default to latency off. For the standalone itll take slightly more work (I need to actually have config files for it first), so Ill add it to the Nebulous List of Things to Do in The Future.

I believe so...

We may be onto a simple fix then. Got stuck working late the last two nights so I haven't had a change to do more then a cursory dig through the code, but I know I did see a texture reference with capitalization and a space in the file name. I'd have no idea how to compile any of this without Unity knowledge either way though, but I can dig!

Found the issue on linux and osx, it's the GL calls happening in the wrong order.

Oh and to compile you don't actually need unity at all. I did my investigation using monodevelop on linux, didn't even have to touch windows. All you have to do is add a reference to Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll from the KSP_Data/Managed directory and you're good to go.

Edited by Unit327

Found the issue on linux and osx, it's the GL calls happening in the wrong order.

Oh and to compile you don't actually need unity at all. I did my investigation using monodevelop on linux, didn't even have to touch windows. All you have to do is add a reference to Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll from the KSP_Data/Managed directory and you're good to go.

...huh. Well okay then. Made the change.

Yep! It finally works! Thanks for finding the error! And thanks, PeteTimesSix, for making this awesome (now usable) Plugin!

Perfect plugin!

I have a question, is it possible add to menu three topics: 1: engines 2: decoupler nods 3: docking ports? Because the most time of using this plugin is the controlling engines, decoupler nods and ports. But it takes a lot of time to find a part which i need.

I think that best menu is make the categories of parts: engines, decoupler nods, docking ports, solar panels, batteries, SAS modules and other.

What do you think? Is it possible to do?

Woo! You the MAN Pete!

Its not like I can take any credit, unit327 figured it out and besides its just moving one line down one by one line...

...eh, screw it, I need the ego boost right now. :D

Is there a patch to use this with KOS mod ?

KOS? The autopilot mod? Im not sure what it has to do with Vessel view, honestly.

Perfect plugin!

I have a question, is it possible add to menu three topics: 1: engines 2: decoupler nods 3: docking ports? Because the most time of using this plugin is the controlling engines, decoupler nods and ports. But it takes a lot of time to find a part which i need.

I think that best menu is make the categories of parts: engines, decoupler nods, docking ports, solar panels, batteries, SAS modules and other.

What do you think? Is it possible to do?

Its certainly possible, though Im averse to hardcoding like that.

...I could probably just list out all the modules with activable actions avaiable on the parts on the ship and sort by those, put in some manual filtering. Ill keep it in mind if I find some time to actually work on this.

Its certainly possible, though Im averse to hardcoding like that.

...I could probably just list out all the modules with activable actions avaiable on the parts on the ship and sort by those, put in some manual filtering. Ill keep it in mind if I find some time to actually work on this.

Sounds good. I think that this is a way. Thank you! It will be wery useful.

I`ve just had to read the entire thread and it`s not often I do that. Awesome mod.

Downloading now to look at my craft from IVA and go `SQUEEE`

EDIT : SQUEEE!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Can I make a feature request? On my Apollo replica I shut down the centre engine on stages 1 and 2 when there is 25% fuel remaining on each stage (using an action group). I noticed that in the `state` screen, the state of the engines is seen the same whether the engine is shut down or not (pictures 5&6). Is it possible to show shutdown engines in a different colour? I imagine this would be handy for seeing if any engines are fuel/ox depleted from the cockpit also.

Is it that I am not understanding the purpose of the state screen?

Edited by John FX

I've noticed with RPM there's a significant delay before the previous menu text clears from the screen, so there's a jumble of text on the screen for a few seconds.

That would be latency mode (apparently to improve performance, but I haven't noticed any drop when I turn it off). You can turn it off in the config menu in RPM for it or you could add a line into the cfg, but I tried that and it didn't work and I don't know if it's the same with RPM 0.16 or something.

I have an issue, but maybe I'm not doing something correctly. With RPM, on the vessel view screen, as soon as I go to part selector, it selects the pod as the active part, and only lists parts directly attached to the pod. I cannot for instance, select any engines, solar panels, or anything else not directly attached to the pod. Pressing the back button just goes back to the main menu. Using SuperHyomoto MFD configs.

EDIT: OK, seems I have to go through and select part by part to get to the spot on the craft I want to select.

Edited by Castun

I'm having problem tangentially similar to the last post. I've got Vessel View RPM installed with KSI MFDs with black interface, all up-to-date. I can't seem to find any back/previous-menu button for VV. The 'back' button on the MFCD kicks me completely out of VV and into the MOD page (button E). Whatever menu or part I get to, I'm then stuck on unless I EVA to force VV to completely reset.

On an unrelated note, I have a suggestion that will probably never get implemented due to complexity but I'll throw it out there anyway. Something that would help with IVA-only flights is if you were able to transfer resources (fuel et al) between storage parts. Something like, select resource transfer option -> select resource -> select first tank -> select second tank -> start/stop pumping. I say this after I was forced to go third-person to work around a fuel line I screwed up during design but didn't want to scrub my flight over.

I'm having problem tangentially similar to the last post. I've got Vessel View RPM installed with KSI MFDs with black interface, all up-to-date. I can't seem to find any back/previous-menu button for VV. The 'back' button on the MFCD kicks me completely out of VV and into the MOD page (button E). Whatever menu or part I get to, I'm then stuck on unless I EVA to force VV to completely reset.

That can be fixed thusly (copy and paste this bit into the relevant section):

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
[B]//redirect = escape, menuPlugin[/B]
redirect = home, menuDefault
}

Commenting out that redirection in the Vessel View section of the Page E functions section of the MFD40x20.cfg in Gamedata/Hyomoto/MFD fixes it.

EDIT: Oh and I think the idea of IVA resource transfer is absolutely genius. Should totally be done for the next update..

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.