[1.0.5/1.1] Flight Systems Redux ASET Props and RPM IVA (8 April 2016)

MOARdV

This mod is outdated, and it will not be updated.  A modernized version of the Yarbrough IVA is available with MOARdV's Avionics Systems (see my sig), and there are a few Gemini mods out there, such as the LonesomeRobots Gusmobile

Have you ever wanted an excuse to spend more time in IVA, but found the lack of useful info in the stock IVA props a problem? Look no further.  Flight Systems Redux contains additional IVA props from alexustas, and it includes IVAs for the FASA Gemini and Yarbrough Mk. 1-1 A2 command pods.

FlhWT6.jpg

The Mk1. 1-1 A2 IVA is a modernized cockpit including MFDs.  It is currently about 80% complete.  Most MFDs are "stock" RPM basic MFDs - they will be replaced with my own pages as I get to them.

6UXLYK.jpg

The FASA Gemini pod is 95% complete.  It is a retro style IVA with analog gauges and only a handful of digital numeric readouts.  In addition, this pack adds a docking camera and radar to the FASA Gemini nosecone, and it retrofits an external camera to the FASA Probe Camera, converting it into a periscope.

The package includes many props from alexustas that have not been released in his ASET Props and ASET Avionics pack, including a number of retro-NASA style instruments and aircraft gauges.

DOWNLOAD:

(link removed)

DOCUMENTATION:

(link removed)

REQUIREMENTS:

The following are all requirements for using FlightSystemsRedux (and not included in this package):

* ASET Avionics Pack v1.0 or later

* ASET Props Pack v1.3 or later

* FASA v5.44 or later

* Module Manager v2.6.18 or later

* RasterPropMonitor v0.24.2 or later

* Yarbrough alpha 0.4 or later

LICENSE:

88x31.png

"Flight Systems for FASA Gemini" by MOARdV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This mod includes props created by Alexustas, included under the terms of CC 3.0 BY-NC-SA.

Edited by MOARdV
Remove links

That thing in the middle? That's not a screen. I've seen one of these on an old Grumman Albatross... That's a scroll-type checklist sheet. There are two rolls with a long strip of paper, not unlike receipt paper from the store, spooled between the rolls. As you go through the checklist, you scroll through the list. Keeps you from having a kneeboard kicking around the cockpit.

Nice, but unrealistic. Could we get an IVA which would have functional buttons, but no actual MFD?

Here's how the real thing looked like:

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/images/gemini20.gif

There's a monitor inside, but it seems rather primitive.

I've got a digital copy of Gemini Familiarization Manual. I know it's not "realistic" but I wasn't going for that. Without someone to make a whole mess of props, it'd be hard to make realistic. I would need analog gauges for the fuels, DPDT toggle switches, rotary switches, and a few other doodads. I wasn't going for realistic, I was going for usable within the context of the game and the props that were available.

Would it be possible to add the remote camera "periscope" functionality as a separate mod? I like the default IVA and don't want to install RPM (again, I like the default IVAs), but the "periscope" function would be immensely welcome in a lot of my applications. (If nothing else, to use when I'm flying an unmanned landing probe somewhere--imagine setting MechJeb to land automatically, then watching what they'd see in Mission Control, a TV feed from a camera on the spacecraft.)

This is simply outstanding! Yeah, I know it isn't historically accurate, but the immersive enhancement it provides more than compensates. Great work making the Gusmobile even more of a joy to fly!

Would it be possible to add the remote camera "periscope" functionality as a separate mod? I like the default IVA and don't want to install RPM (again, I like the default IVAs), but the "periscope" function would be immensely welcome in a lot of my applications. (If nothing else, to use when I'm flying an unmanned landing probe somewhere--imagine setting MechJeb to land automatically, then watching what they'd see in Mission Control, a TV feed from a camera on the spacecraft.)

It might be possible to configure the probe camera to work with HullCam VDS, but I haven't dug into that mod enough to know what it requires to import the FASA part.

It's a modernization update. Heck, compare the early space shuttle cockpit configuration to that on the last missions... if Apollo had been cancelled and Gemini upgraded for the lunar missions, NASA may well have continued using it long afterwards, like the Russians just kept improving Soyuz. Then we'd have seen Big Gemini and the other "what ifs" in the FASA pack.

Edited by RoboRay

That thing in the middle? That's not a screen. I've seen one of these on an old Grumman Albatross... That's a scroll-type checklist sheet. There are two rolls with a long strip of paper, not unlike receipt paper from the store, spooled between the rolls. As you go through the checklist, you scroll through the list. Keeps you from having a kneeboard kicking around the cockpit.

Floating. Floating around the cockpit. ;)

I approve of this, well done.... Also looks cool in Rescue G as well....

I spent so much time on Gemini that I missed Rescue G. D'oh! That'll be fixed in a future update. In the mean time, anyone who wants to add Rescue G to the updated IVA patch file, go to the (KSP Install)/GameData/MOARdV/FlightSystems folder and open FasaGemini.cfg in your favorite text editor. Add the following lines:

@PART[FASAGeminiPod2White]
{
MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

!INTERNAL[FASAGeminiInt2] {}

INTERNAL
{
name = MOARdV.FASAGeminiInt2
}
}

@PART[FASAGeminiNoseCone2White]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
cameraContainer = dockingNode
cameraIDPrefix = DockingPortCam
}
}

It might be possible to configure the probe camera to work with HullCam VDS, but I haven't dug into that mod enough to know what it requires to import the FASA part.

What about with the Lazor System cameras? They're the only part of the Lazor System I use, but I really like the docking cam and remote cam from it, and I know that they've been pretty much stable for quite a while now.

Its not unrealistic.

Its just alternate history :D

When soyuz had first flights nobody probably thought about glass cockpits (except some sci-fi authors) and now its standard.

So imagine that like soyuz, gemini i still in active flight, with upgraded avionics.

Its not unrealistic.

Its just alternate history :D

When soyuz had first flights nobody probably thought about glass cockpits (except some sci-fi authors) and now its standard.

So imagine that like soyuz, gemini i still in active flight, with upgraded avionics.

I agree my friend...

For my space Space Program,the Gemini have evolutions,specially for military use and other,and will "fly" for ever!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Because no one asked for it, behold the Gemini Mark 2 IVA:

x1mj.jpg

Now with more doodads and gauges and stuff! It's almost done - still finalizing the new MFD, and updating the documentation.

Nice it's nice to have old look and new look as all things get updated :D GREAT Job you going to do 1 for LEM too ?

Not yet. I plan on revisiting the KOSMOS VA capsule (I worked on an IVA for it, but I never released it). After that, I may try to spend some quality time with the LEM and see what happens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.