[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

I send you a PM

but normally there's no problem with science archive :/

Perhaps someone on the mod thread encounter a similar problem, but for now, i don't.

have a nice day too :)

(tain j'préfère la causette en bon frenchy quand même ^^)

I often have this question and I strongly advise you to install the mod BoulderCo "textureCompressor".

I've got myself many mod installed with many many parts (KW, B9, ISTA etc ...) and it's ok for me. It's a long loading (a got an 4 years old computer), but once load all is ok, even in high resolution.

Sometimes having graphics settings on high prevents the game to load properly, but the switch to "middle" or "low" the texture résolution and the antialiasing only to have the game starts resolve this problem. Once the game is loading, you can put it in high resolution without problems (almost :sticktongue:)

I take this answer to give news of my progress:

I'm going to release V 0.4 now fully SOI rebalance, I tested each body one by one and there will be an extra moon, but the complete pack will be lighter.

Even a little easter egg in bonus :cool:

I often have this question and I strongly advise you to install the mod BoulderCo "textureCompressor".

I've got myself many mod installed with many many parts (KW, B9, ISTA etc ...) and it's ok for me. It's a long loading (a got an 4 years old computer), but once load all is ok, even in high resolution.

Sometimes having graphics settings on high prevents the game to load properly, but the switch to "middle" or "low" the texture résolution and the antialiasing only to have the game starts resolve this problem. Once the game is loading, you can put it in high resolution without problems (almost :sticktongue:)

I'm going to release V 0.4 now fully SOI rebalance, I tested each body one by one and there will be an extra moon, but the complete pack will be lighter.

WOudl you suggest basic version of aggresive?

I am already using boulder co XD

There is kind of a strange bug with the strawberry moon and kethane due to its extremely small size. The hexagonal overlay is radially projected a few 100km above the surface. I think there's a minimum radius for kethane bodies due to the overlay.

There is kind of a strange bug with the strawberry moon and kethane due to its extremely small size. The hexagonal overlay is radially projected a few 100km above the surface. I think there's a minimum radius for kethane bodies due to the overlay.

Yes i see that, but kethane works normally when you're on the ground.

God of Strawberry hahahaha :D

:D

WOudl you suggest basic version of aggresive?

I use basic version.

I am already using boulder co XD

So it only dépend on the number of the other mod :D

Any chance we can get a "light" version of this with realistic displacement of the bodies you created throughout the kerbin system, potentially with less overall planetary bodies? (instead of all it orbiting Urania?)

Or instructions on how to do this ourselves?

Overall it looks spectacular. Just annoyed by the lack of pseudo-realism ;.;

Edited by spyker92

Any chance we can get a "light" version of this with realistic displacement of the bodies you created throughout the kerbin system, potentially with less overall planetary bodies? (instead of all it orbiting Urania?)

Or instructions on how to do this ourselves?

Overall it looks spectacular. Just annoyed by the lack of pseudo-realism ;.;

My system is as realist as the green skin of our proud astronaut :rolleyes:

For a different placement of the bodies, maybe after the insertion of the biomes.

I reduce the hypérion SOI, and warp around her at different altitude and different speed without encounter any problems :/

I promise to take a scpecific look at this for the next release, it's really hard to equilibrate correctly cause it's take a lot of time and test

Your atmo textures cause my KSP to crash. Running on 16Gb and a Quad 2.5k, I don't think memory is an issue. Nothing in the debug file suggests anything. Clean install, no other mods but yours (and PF CE and City Lights). I can load just Urania + PF-CE, I can load Urania + PF-CE + City lights, but I can't load the Urania textures. Could you suggest a fix?

Your atmo textures cause my KSP to crash. Running on 16Gb and a Quad 2.5k, I don't think memory is an issue. Nothing in the debug file suggests anything. Clean install, no other mods but yours (and PF CE and City Lights). I can load just Urania + PF-CE, I can load Urania + PF-CE + City lights, but I can't load the Urania textures. Could you suggest a fix?

KSP is coded in 32 bits and used only 3.8 Gb of memory maximum.

I run my pack with a lot of mods without problem on a 4 years old computer with 8 Go of ram :

Look at my install, i got 32 mods installed and my ksp.exe take 2.4 Go of ram for the process...

okNgcJg.png

KSP is coded in 32 bits and used only 3.8 Gb of memory maximum.

I run my pack with a lot of mods without problem on a 4 years old computer with 8 Go of ram :

Look at my install, i got 32 mods installed and my ksp.exe take 2.4 Go of ram for the process...

I understand. You're not the only one with lots of mods. But you should know that the textures cause a crash. Definitely a memory issue though, looking at the error log:

Mesh.vertices is too small. The supplied vertex array has less vertices than are referenced by the triangles array.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g41plp8ydmjd2j/output_log.txt

Teaser time and WIP :

I'm Actually working on revamped versions of the little moons of the system (the moons around Vulcania and Ares especially)

As some people wanted a realistic moon, here a preview screenshot of Deimos (or Phobos i'm not really sure at this time)

It's a "potatoe's shape" moon, very realistic and so much fun to conquer !

If9v1yp.png

And here the new héphaistos, hit by an asteroid and lost the half of this shape (less realistic of course but not less fun to play !)

idQiirN.png

hope you like it !

hey, just found your mod from nassault's video, nice work!

i was just wondering, i would prefer to have urania's orbit outside jool as i think it puts it more in-line with our solar system, and also makes it more of a challenge.

is there anyway to do this in the cfg, and will it brake anything?

if you want to change the orbit of urania, you can change this line in the Urania.cfg in the Orbit variable :

semiMajorAxis = 46000000000

Grow the number, save and reload.

Urania will be at the specified orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.