[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

19 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

is there a way to get this working with rss?

I've made a pull request to RSS with ribbons for each planet and moon (and a config file to tell Final Frontier where they are), so you can grab the master zip from my fork of RSS and get the ribbons out of it.  However, some FF ribbons are hard-coded to search for "Kerbin", like the deep-space ribbons; I've made a pull request to fix that in the master repo, but you'd have to recompile the DLL yourself.

8 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I've made a pull request to RSS with ribbons for each planet and moon (and a config file to tell Final Frontier where they are), so you can grab the master zip from my fork of RSS and get the ribbons out of it.  However, some FF ribbons are hard-coded to search for "Kerbin", like the deep-space ribbons; I've made a pull request to fix that in the master repo, but you'd have to recompile the DLL yourself.

I hope he come back and merges your pull.  I don't know if mine works with deep space

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

thank you! i use ssrss as well, so if it works for you it should work for me!

edit: i cant access the file, have you checked if the file is set to private?

Edited by Fredde104

Hello!

Im updating FF to KSP 1.2 currently. The change from Kerbas_ad_astra is included in the next release.

UPDATE. It's working in KSP 1.2-pre. But some vessels do start in flight and just land immediately on Kerbin and so kerbals will get a landing ribbon immediately.

Edited by Nereid

On 8/28/2016 at 2:51 PM, Rodhern said:

Speaking of the FinalFrontierAdapter, can we get a revocation method in the API? That way we can e.g. revoke obsolete ribbons when awarding new ones. ... ... Maybe once KSP v. 1.2.0 comes out would be a good time to add the revoke method to the official released version DLL/API.

Hi @Nereid

When you update to version 1.2 could you add in ribbon revoke method(s) to the FinalFrontierAdapter as well. I don't think it requires more than a few lines of code, but it could enhance the overall coolness of the mod even further.

Thx

45 minutes ago, Rodhern said:

Hi @NereidWhen you update to version 1.2 could you add in ribbon revoke method(s) to the FinalFrontierAdapter as well. I don't think it requires more than a few lines of code, but it could enhance the overall coolness of the mod even further.

Done (but not tested). 

11 hours ago, Nereid said:

UPDATE. It's working in KSP 1.2-pre. But some vessels do start in flight and just land immediately on Kerbin and so kerbals will get a landing ribbon immediately.

simple check for if vesselState=LANDED && MET<30s then don't assign landing ribbon. I think it's safe to assume no one is landing a vessel within thirty seconds of loading it :)

I also thought they fixed that issue. Is it bouncing? Because I do have some vessels in v1.1.3 that start slightly above and drop to the ground but the MET timer doesn't start so they didn't change state from PRELAUNCH to LANDED...

Oh and YAY thanks for coming back to keep this mod going!

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

simple check for if vesselState=LANDED && MET<30s then don't assign landing ribbon. I think it's safe to assume no one is landing a vessel within thirty seconds of loading it :)

I know. But I try to avoid such additional constraints. There are quite a few of them in FF and some of them have caused problems in the past.

I have uploaded a version for KSP 1.1.3. The fix for RSS is included but nothing else was changed. So there is no need to update if FF runs fine in KSP 1.1.3. And I have just done a very rough check if this build works. I'm concentrating to play (and test) KSP 1.2-pre at the moment.

Same applies to NanoGauges.

Edited by Nereid

22 hours ago, Rodhern said:

Thank you for adding revoke to the FinalFrontierAdapter. I think the two methods in question may be missing down in the 'public' section of the file. (no hurry).

Yes you are right. I forgot to add them. I will do this today after work.

EDIT: done

Edited by Nereid

On 15.8.2016 at 7:53 PM, King Something said:

Two minor bugs, neither of which is even half as big of a problem as the issue with the Mach ribbons.

One: the 4000m landing ribbon does not supersede the 3500m landing ribbon. Kerbals who are awarded the former get both.

Note that the 3500m landing ribbon does supersede the lower ranks properly. Kerbals who get the 4000m and 3500m ribbons for a high enough landing don't also get the 3000m and lower ribbons.

Two: typos in the names of the ribbons awarded to the Kerbals who make the "First First [sic]" landings at Kerbin's north and south polar ice caps. To paraphrase a naughty joke from a certain 1974 movie, you said "first" twice.

I will see what I can do about this this evening. Both bugs should be easy to fix.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.0.13-2539

Edited by Nereid

On Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016 at 1:52 PM, blu3wolf said:

works fine here, other than the issue with the mach ribbons. Which is probably not an issue induced by 1.1.3, either.

Can you be a bit more specific or was this discussed a while ago without a solution? I do not remember what the issues with the mach ribbons are...

5 hours ago, Nereid said:

I will see what I can do about this this evening. Both bugs should be easy to fix.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.0.13-2539

I seem to have had v1.0.13-2539 for some time (at least that's what CKAN auto-detects for the manual install).  Do I need to re-download and re-install?

56 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I seem to have had v1.0.13-2539 for some time (at least that's what CKAN auto-detects for the manual install).  Do I need to re-download and re-install?

For some time? I have uploaded it today. Strange... (and the 2539 is the unique build number)

4 hours ago, Nereid said:

For some time? I have uploaded it today. Strange... (and the 2539 is the unique build number)

Well that's weird.  It's not loaded by CKAN so I went to the version file in the install directory.  It says Build 2467.  How come CKAN reports otherwise (rhetorical question)?

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Well that's weird.  It's not loaded by CKAN so I went to the version file in the install directory.  It says Build 2467.  How come CKAN reports otherwise (rhetorical question)?

No idea. But I do not use CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.