[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

46 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Final Frontier give little ribbons to Kerbals for doing different things. Some of these ribbons are planet specific so @Meta Jonez is going to make planet specific ones for GPO

This.  The "format" of these ribbons is that they have colors of the planet they represent, along with detail "icons" that reflect the specific achievement (i.e. SOE, orbit, Lander, Rover, etc).  I want to use identical icons to the ones used in the original FF mod, but placed on ribbons that reflect the GPO planets.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Final Frontier give little ribbons to Kerbals for doing different things. Some of these ribbons are planet specific so @Meta Jonez is going to make planet specific ones for GPO

Thanks Jonez! Would be awesome. Don't feel like you have make 31 ribbons though!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

does this work in 1.3? idc about an update atm, just wanna know if it works in its current state. 

As far as I know. I have been switching back and forth working on my mods and last I checked, it worked fine.

Hi, 
I was using Galileo's pack with this mod enabled and started to have huge performance issues. After looking at the LOG file I realized FF was trying every petasecond and probably causing the lag.

It looked like this all over the end of the file:
[LOG 23:15:59.219] FF: kerbal added: Neya Kerman
[WRN 23:15:59.219] FF: no Hall of Fame entry found for kerbal Neya Kerman
[LOG 23:15:59.219] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Neya Kerman
[LOG 23:15:59.278] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 23:15:59.278] FF: kerbal status change: Neya Kerman from Available to Assigned at time 53498.4273986148
[LOG 23:15:59.307] FF: hall of fame refreshed
etc etc.
Am I correct or it is working as intended?

3 hours ago, Pake said:

Hi, 
I was using Galileo's pack with this mod enabled and started to have huge performance issues. After looking at the LOG file I realized FF was trying every petasecond and probably causing the lag.

It looked like this all over the end of the file:
[LOG 23:15:59.219] FF: kerbal added: Neya Kerman
[WRN 23:15:59.219] FF: no Hall of Fame entry found for kerbal Neya Kerman
[LOG 23:15:59.219] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Neya Kerman
[LOG 23:15:59.278] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 23:15:59.278] FF: kerbal status change: Neya Kerman from Available to Assigned at time 53498.4273986148
[LOG 23:15:59.307] FF: hall of fame refreshed
etc etc.
Am I correct or it is working as intended?

All that is doing is creating an FF profile for your new kerbal. That's intended behavior

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

All that is doing is creating an FF profile for your new kerbal. That's intended behavior

Ok, thanks. Since it was logging kerbals I didn't ever had recruited over & over & over again I assumed it was not intended. Anyway removing the mod really helped with the stuttering. Maybe there were some weird interactions between my other mods.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, Pake said:

Ok, thanks. Since it was logging kerbals I didn't ever had recruited over & over & over again I assumed it was not intended. Anyway removing the mod really helped with the stuttering. Maybe there were some weird interactions between my other mods.

Maybe, I don't know. I haven't had a chance to get into a career in a long time so I haven't seen much performance hindering issues.

Edited by Galileo

On 7.6.2017 at 4:45 AM, Galileo said:

Upon further review, FF does not work properly in 1.3. Ribbons are not awarded for anything besides reaching new celestial bodies.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I had limited time the last weeks. If all goes well, I will recompile FF and NG against 1.3. this weekend.

Edited by Nereid

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I had limited tgime the last weeks. If all goes well, I will recompile FF and NG against 1.3. this weekend.

Well, I made a small mistake and FF seems to be working ok now. Apparently, I was using an old save, and all of the ribbons for "first orbit" around Kerbin, Mun and Minmus had already been awarded to other dead Kerbals. Sorry for the false alarm!

Thanks for bringing FF up to speed!

• 2 weeks later...

request for you @Nereid  - could FF handle transmitted science points a bit more neatly? If I send home a large chunk of data it gets transmitted a few tenths of science points at a time and the FF log ends up with a ton of science point entries for like 0.0849120616912842. If it's not possible to detect outright that science data is being transmitted maybe have FF store science points it detects in a buffer, then after like a minute of not seeing additional science points it adds them all up and makes a single log entry.

Also, it adds entries for science points with a value of 0 - I think that should be pretty easy to prevent.

I didn't noticed this so far. Preventing entries of 0 should be easy. Its Kiel Week so my time is limited but I will give it a try next week.

Edited by Nereid

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.6.2017 at 5:07 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Also, it adds entries for science points with a value of 0 - I think that should be pretty easy to prevent.

Done. But merging a chunk of multiple science points into a single records is not that easy. A buffer could be one approach. The buffer has to be summed up at each save. Maybe I will give it a try. 

15 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Yea, that would be cool

A buffer is not that easy to implement. The clas HallOfFame records all events in a logbook and entries for each kerbal. Recieving science is one of them. To filter all events for a specific kerbal a hall of fame entry has a list of logbook references. And now it gets complicated. The logbook entry is created at the moment the event occurs and its a method for all action like events (science, eva, recover,...). Buffering science is not possible without a massive change the code or writing very, very ugly code.

Another solution would be to resolve all logbook antries after recovering and merge science events into a single one. Question is: Is it worth the effort? Are there really that many science events?

1 minute ago, Nereid said:

Are there really that many science events?

yea, there are. In fact I noticed that it started making the log listing shown in the FF window act weird. I don't know if this is just Kerbalism, but the transmission packets are really small, like 0.5 science points each, so an experiment that is worth 6.5 science points will create 13 log entries all on its own

16 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

yea, there are. In fact I noticed that it started making the log listing shown in the FF window act weird. I don't know if this is just Kerbalism, but the transmission packets are really small, like 0.5 science points each, so an experiment that is worth 6.5 science points will create 13 log entries all on its own

Hmmm.... then I will try to buffer the events before they are reported to the hall of fame.

And maybe I should add pages to the log window...

Edited by Nereid

• 2 weeks later...

First, thank you very much for a really nice mod that adds depth to a game that definitely needs it on the RPG side, and just categorizing everything at that level of detail and then bucketizing them so groups share the same based ribbon - like the real ones do - must have been a considerable amount of work.

One suggestion, on the post-mission ribbon-award dialog, if there are more than two rows of ribbons or more than one crew member, mousing over ribbons puts the explanatory text over more ribbons or something else that makes it very hard to read. Could you instead add a little text field below the crew member list and draw all the text explanations there? I would like to be able to read them :)

The more data you can save post mission, the better, even if you don't have a display method just yet. Part of RPG depth for a mission-based game like this is simply being able to go back and review what you did in any given mission in some detail. Screenshots at key points (like every time a pilot crashes), what vehicle type was used, now show me what that vehicle looked like, now show me a MechJeb-style flight recorder output for that mission, etc.

And then of course slice and dice that data you collect into various reports and analytics.

Edited by vossiewulf
typo

On 6/20/2017 at 7:43 AM, Nereid said:

I didn't noticed this so far. Preventing entries of 0 should be easy. Its Kiel Week so my time is limited but I will give it a try next week.

Adding Kiel Week to my life list of things to see. Thank you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to modify the priority/rank of a ribbon? For example. I want to award someone with the Inter Sidera or Diamond ribbons, which I think should always be displayed at the top of the ribbon list for a Kerbal but it is always placed as the last or most recently awarded spot at the very tail of the ribbons. So I have Val with all the ribbons that you will see in the screenshot, but the Diamond award is at the bottom.

Is there a way for me to manually move it or change the code in the mod to recognize the Diamond/Inter Sidera as more important than the others?

I looked thought the code but I couldn't figure out if there was really a way but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advanced!

SUF66aE.png

Nereid I noticed a strange behavior with the ribbons. Let say that a kerbonaut executes an surface Eva ( not the first one but a subsequent one), he gets awarded the surface Eva ribbon for that planetary body. However, if he later gets in a rover, specifically ( first rover on same planetary system) his surface Eva ribbon disappears. I think this might be related to the ribbon prioritization module. I have the behavior repeat on stock plus for as well as a heavily modded install. I have seen this on the mun, and minmus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.