[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

Why not use a camera mod? That way, you could play via controlling the rover and seeing out only the camera.

The problem is that when using a camera mod, and having the HUD disabled, it becomes very difficult to fly unmanned spacecraft (since there is no flight info).

The latest version looks awesome, definitely going to test it out later!

The problem is that when using a camera mod, and having the HUD disabled, it becomes very difficult to fly unmanned spacecraft (since there is no flight info).

Not only that, but you lose out on the possible immersion of operating a probe in Mission Control.

But anyway, this is turning out fantastically. Downloaded the new version almost immediately :D

I'm also still overjoyed that my suggestion actually became a reality so quickly. Makes me all proud and stuffs.

Wuf, im overwhelmed of all that positive feedback!

So:

Button:

- Toolbar integration is actually already laying on my desk =) will try to push that up today/tomorrow - @not-a-cylon

- F2 hideUI is currently still showing the button that will be changed as well (no need for the button when playing in hardcore-manley-mode (IVA+noUI))

InternalProps:

- someone mentioned the "brakes" button/light is missing - ahh thats right, it should be the "upper right" little button on the right side (next to the flag patch where SAS&Co. is) - will be fixed in the next version

- @ALCOR props... problem is not making it a requirement to have ALCOR....

For RasterProp internals i can use ModuleManagers awesome MM_SWITCH { [...] dll_loaded = RasterPropMonitor [...] } stuff, but ALCOR has no dll

-> so the user would need to manually copy a config file/do an additonal download, more on that topic below...

Internal: (apart from that it still 'feels to cockpit')

- vesselView should work just fine right now or? will add another monitor "off side" for that...

- i wonder if i can flip the orientation 180° up without borking the navball... currently you face "down" what makes the UI markers (F4 distance stuff) quite confusing)

- alexustas mockup looks already better than my 4 hours Gimp ;D

I´m a coder :rolleyes:, not a graphical guy gimp is my hate and hurts! let me build the model in c#/java/php and it would be epic.. :P

If anyone wants to support me there, go for it, speak to me here or poke in the #kspmodders irc

---

And:

I'm also still overjoyed that my suggestion actually became a reality so quickly. Makes me all proud and stuffs.

Man' date=' there are people uploading screenshots with stuff I made - <font=capslocked, bold and fontsize>9000>soo much feelings</font> :sealed:

is there a way to move the IVA button? or even better (at least for my preferences), have it use toolbar?

toolbar see above, the button wont be shown then when toolbar is active

move - no, it should always be just right above the normal IVA buttons, even made sure it fits on all interface sizes/resolutions :P

How about this design?

http://i.imgur.com/Frpk6c8.jpg

If im right most of these props are ALCOR props hm? truely epic thing...

Speaking of the moduleManager stuff above and not making it a requirement, there are some solutions coming into my mind:

- you push these props into the RasterPropMonitor package :)

- you add a dummy .dll xD and I add a overwrite for alcor props

- you add the alcor-patch.cfg in your download and overwrite my props

(the internals here work like any other, the only "special" is an additional cameraTransform as the normal "seat" positions are ~50cm below the actuall kerbal-iva-viewport)

Ideas?

Also: yay, rovers!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Ran in to a bit of an issue between this and MechJeb. Specifically the radial MechJeb.

If you place it on a lower stage (Say, in your service module) and then eject that lower stage (like say during reentry), then your view may default to the ejected stage rather than the pod and/or stage above it. Could potentially make certain maneuvers very wonky depending on how you designed your ship.

Not quite sure how to deal with that one, and I'm 99% certain its this mod, because I've never actually had this happen.

UPDATE =) ToolbarIntegration, new big screens, more probs and a brake button ;-)

ReleaseCandidate v1.0-alpha2

Source & Download @Github ("Download zip" on the right)

Changes:

- (optional) suppport for Toolbar by blizzys78 is in, will autoEnable if installed, shows the normal button if not

- F2 hideUI is handled correctly

- BRAKE button/indicator added (buttons on the right) - ty @Albert VDS

- reworked the internal lighting, the internal control parts will "receive light" now as well =)

- added two additional "main screens" to get closer to a command center...

- added some more RPM Props (.14 update of RPM) (Height Sealevel/Land, Fuel, MonoProp, Power)

Requires

- ModuleManager >= 1.5.5

- (optional-recommended) RasterPropMonitor, dont use it? autodisables itself, but better install it ;-)

- (optional) Toolbar, dont use it? autodisables itself

Also - is anyone seeing FPS issues with all these screens? I dont...

But I wonder if some "slower update" monitors could have a use...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

---

If you place it on a lower stage (Say' date=' in your service module) and then eject that lower stage (like say during reentry), then your view may default to the ejected stage rather than the pod and/or stage above it.[/quote']

When you click the "StartIVA"-button it loops the parts on the ship for "the first room it can find", usually the part you placed first and with that likely the bottom stage yep...

The only way to get arround this is to set your "control from here" part correctly (like on dockingports/capsules/probes) so on lanch set it to your upperupper probe core (Rightclick and "Control from here"), its a game limitation i cant script around...

Protip: add the "control from here" in your action group called "stage", then it will happen without the need to remember that =) (fired whenever you "stage")

What is this screen for?

http://i.imgur.com/0IwdIBh.jpg

Seems to be the RasterPropMonitor Landing/Ascend display, but i actually dont know...

Personally im using the Kerbal Space Industries MFD replacement

Made a few changes the layout looks more like the example Alexustas posted:

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/missioncontrol3_zps3fe56d3d.jpg

:blush: can i get this blend file, or do you want me to do that on my own? - be aware that you´ll get the invoice of my therapist then!

Edited by Tabakhase

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.