Science of the Spheres - development

NovaSilisko

I realize that you're excited for SotS like many others, but please try to not spam the thread. It makes it difficult for others to be heard. If you need to post something and already have a post, edit that post and add the new stuff at the bottom until someone else has had their turn.

Thank you.

New creature sculpting:

s6S78bm.png

"Floater" or "Gasbag". Lives on gas giants or planets with heavy atmospheres. Back covered with photosynthetic symbiotic algae, its head is mostly a dangley vestigial bit that houses its brain, mouth, and eyes (none of which it uses much)

Ohooo! Nice!

EDIT:

In fact, it was so impressive, I whipped up a creature of my own inspired by it:

yZU5aKD.png

I was going for something along the lines of, a floater, crossed with a manta ray, crossed with a jelly fish, crossed with a basking shark. It's not as good as yours, me thinks, but it's a good start for one who want's to be in your line of work, at least, I hope so. ^_^

Edited by Deathsoul097

What is it? The Purple stuff, I mean.

Just a purple star illuminating a nearby planet, quite rare.

Another:

iUv1JNK.jpg

Mostly just tweaking generation parameters, getting a good idea of the size distribution for planets.

Do the planets rotate? Or are they perfectly static?

They're static, BUT I'm contemplating having the very rare occurrence of rotating objects... though it may feel too inconsistent with the rest of the universe.

They're static, BUT I'm contemplating having the very rare occurrence of rotating objects... though it may feel too inconsistent with the rest of the universe.

Maybe a rotating planet could have some earthquakes due to the planet rubbing against the SGC.

Edited by panfish5

Made a general purpose light controller with strobe functions.

strobe2.gif

Since you can program automatic functionality into spacecraft, and you'll be able to link lights to that, I fully expect people to make a hopper-operated flying calculator in the future...

Wait, we can program ships? This could lead to sooooo many possibilities!

Initially with a circuit diagram sort of interface for hardwired things, later with a programmable microcomputer using a BASIC-esque language. The latter can have new instructions transmitted to it in flight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.