[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Yes it was my bad,and yes I was, I didn't read the top of the laptop lol it shows the the letters.

EDIT sorry Helldiver your all GOOD. :D

No problem, that screen is misleading, fixed already and will be up in 2.05

Just installed latest version of KSO on a clean ksp instalation and when i try the kerbal lab i found a bug.

when i click with the right mouse button on the lab all right mouse option desapear from all parts of th ship.

Nothing is available, no solar panels retract, nothing?

can someone help?

Throwing around some ideas for my next interplanetary mission, turns out the Phase II modules were just what I needed for the habitat and payload sections:

13320859573_b95753f94e_b.jpg

13321080544_e922a6aa4e_b.jpg

Edited by TerLoki

The 33rd of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 29th Flight of the Tenacious! STS 133's objective is to deploy the KSO Duna Scout Base Greenhouse Module #1 and return to the KSC Runway! The Duna Scout Base will house two kerbals, two greenhouses, a communications tower, and a rover.

The construction and deployment missions run STS 131 through STS 136.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 134 will deploy the Duna Scout Base Greenhouse Module #2!

First flight with this to dock with my 120k not-equatorial station. Result: 1 Kerbal stuck in the shuttle that is void of monopropellant and fuel because the only hitchhiker on the station was full of Kerbals and a little construction pod thing drifting in space because the only other docking port left was on the senior universal docking port that apparently needs part clipping to work (who knew.) But this thing flies awesome.

Just installed latest version of KSO on a clean ksp instalation and when i try the kerbal lab i found a bug.

when i click with the right mouse button on the lab all right mouse option desapear from all parts of th ship.

can someone help?

First, save your progress. Then, try exiting and re-entering the VAB/SPH. That usually fixes it for me. Hope that helps!

I had that bug as well in v2.04. However, I haven't had that problem with the current v2.05

The bug only showed up for me when I right clicked the KerbalLab (not the other lab). Exit to the Space center and reenter the flight and avoid right clicking the Lab... or install 2.05... or this is a different bug (but doesn't sound like it to me).

can someone help?

The SST is better now. But light cargo like a solar truss still causes infinite spinning once RCS and SAS are active at the same time. I don't suppose the game can figure out the SST has four RCS blocks rather than one when it's all a single part?

Nope, it always applies RCS thrust from the COM. This means stack mounted RCS behave unpredictably and as such, generally should not be used when COM can move past the nozzles.

Nope, it always applies RCS thrust from the COM. This means stack mounted RCS behave unpredictably and as such, generally should not be used when COM can move past the nozzles.

The solar truss is short enough to fit. However, it moves the center of mass ahead just enough to leave the RCS unbalanced in either configuration. With RCS blocks that are separate parts you could use fine controls and their built in thrust balancing. As it is now, the tug is one big omnidirectional thruster that can only handle two specific centers of mass.

Well, after a 24 hour binge, i finally feel like i can review the mod up to this point! (used 2.04v most of that time)

The Good: Helldiver and Naz you have created something that i still cannot believe is free. Its a fantastic mod and you all deserve a pat on the back

The shuttle i feel has had updated flight mechanics as it just flies in atmosphere like a dream! Much much nicer compaired to 1.13!

The Parts are all fantastic and have the right amount of detail in them to make me want to use them only

The Bad:

Somehow, the shuttle feels much less powerful then it ever used to, and with the mass of the new parts being much heavier, the original plan for this to be able to be used and flown by most people is being lost. I truly struggle to rendezvous to my station at a 75K Orbit when carrying a new part because i just simply run out of fuel, or have not got the fuel to decend, which requires a new mission to go up just to refuel it

I cant proclaim to be an expert at flying this ship, and i dont think i ever will, but i do feel this little shuttle needs some more Umph pushed into it and run.

Now, onto my last thing, a bug report! (For Once!)

Moved onto 2.05 this morning and cleaned out my game data folder of all of the parts and reinstalled it clean. I threw my shuttle up and brought it to where the station was loaded.

Now, the wierd part of this was, as soon as the station loaded, the game dropped down to an insanely low framerate.

I swapped to my station, and the game went smoothly. Swapped back to my shuttle and suddenly, it was accellerating away from my station with no way of decelerating!

Huh, i thought. Maybe i managed to do something silly?

Loaded up the same shuttle and flew the mission again, except i used hyper edit to bring me into a rendevous with the station

I had the same slowdown strike my game, and the shuttle was 200~m away from the station when i swapped to the station

GVavEFW.jpg

The problem that occured is that the world now froze in place (could still pan around with a perfect frame rate!) The shuttle had launched itself away to where it is currently located in the picture and nothing was moving at all. in map mode the shuttle was no longer able to be moved to, and everything had locked down. Could see my crew in the station, but they were stuck, no IVA or any selectables on the SST.

Hopefully you'll be able to replicate the bug, track it down and squash it, as its a biggun. Anything i can do to help, just ask!

I must admit that I have noticed the same lack of Delta-V. Carrying the extra fuel tank and a science module, I barely managed to get into a 100x100 km orbit that I could easily reach with earlier KSO versions and heavy cargo (the heaviest was about 3.7 tonnes, leaving me with about 9 units of fuel in the EFT). I followed the same ascent profile as before, yet in order to reach orbit I was left with 150 units of fuel in the KSO's tank, certainly not enough for rendezvous and landing together.

I don't mean to be a bit of a whiner, but it does seem to be affecting the KSO's practical utility, and makes me a bit of a sad panda.

Another issue with the SST. Using RCS to rotate any way beyond rolling simply doesn't work. If I try to rotate right, all of the thrusters on the left side fire. The torque can't compensate it so I end up translating right instead.

Every time I update this pack, I get the same. All ships (KSO related) I had on orbit become unusable, odd things happen when coming close with another vessel and can't control them either (parts disappearing, unusable components, etc.) Do I need to rebuild the station with each update? Does this happen to any of you too? I use KSP Mod Admin 1.3.11 for faster and correct mod loading, maybe it has something to do with all this mess?

Here a picture of some odd behaviour, FPS reduced to 1 and also THIS:

Captura%20%282%29.PNG

Every time I update this pack, I get the same. All ships (KSO related) I had on orbit become unusable, odd things happen when coming close with another vessel and can't control them either (parts disappearing, unusable components, etc.) Do I need to rebuild the station with each update? Does this happen to any of you too? I use KSP Mod Admin 1.3.11 for faster and correct mod loading, maybe it has something to do with all this mess?

Here a picture of some odd behaviour, FPS reduced to 1 and also THIS:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16343096/Captura%20%282%29.PNG

Did you have the SST docked to your station prior to updating? I had something like that happen to my station with the SST from v2.04 docked to it.

Did you have the SST docked to your station prior to updating? I had something like that happen to my station with the SST from v2.04 docked to it.

Thank you so much, this was it! Reputation going your way!

Dudes, if you've got problems with your launch configuration running out of juice, simply do what you'd do in standard KSP: build bigger boosters.

True, and hell, this is an easy feat to do:

1KPzDw2.jpg

However, i believe the ethos helldiver was keeping to was that he wanted this mod to be powerful enough to be standalone and operational by most people who use it without need to get other parts (even stock) involved

Bonus Pic because dang it looks nice~

lGnPrDm.jpg

Edit: The irony of this booster is that it gives me the same efficiency as the first version orbiter did :D Maybe the boosters and the OMS need a bit of a boost?

Edit 2: Just as a thought to translate the above into a clearer goal, if you can achieve orbit carrying the heaviest part of the station (i believe this is the power modual) and still have a full fuel tank then you're going to have plenty of Dv to do all manuvers to rendezvous, dock and de-orbit. Sorry if my big spam posts are annoying btw, just want to help out a fantastic mod reach its full potential

Edited by GentleHeaven

All ships (KSO related) I had on orbit become unusable

Indeed changes on JSI caused that, some cameras were removed... same happened to my game after latest KSO update.

Now the KSO as it stands, it can't take a payload even to 100Km orbit without running out of juice to achieve a stable orbit. Boosters probably need a bit of a kick or the minions need to come up with better engines efficiency to hold the orange-belly a bit more time with juice. ;)