Newest Squadcast: Highlights, lots of new info about .24

Shuttle

Thanks for the summary Shuttle! Really cool sounding stuff.

In the bit about missions/quests, it said you can accept or ignore them and that there will be penalty for failure. What do you miss out on or what is the penalty if you don't do them, are they essential to advance the game or are they more like trophies?

[in mild panic mod]so, wait, do....do we get a way to protect our stations from the onslaught of asteroids!! Some kind of alert system that would give us a chance to either move it's orbit or evacuate? Or will our spare time be spent worriedly watching map mode?

panic aside, really I'm looking forward to having a need to build emergency systems into stations now!

Very excited about the NASA pack.

He said something about the asteroids not being able to be detected unless they come from the night side...

Which means to me that there is some sort of detection mechanic like telescopes as part of this.

Oh And I humbly request the Gravity tractor as a method for moving the asteroid.

Edited by FITorion

Wait, the NASA pack is actually being developed with the help from NASA?

In any case, that and the updated joint conections made me really excited about the next update. I've been completely obsessed with the real solar system mod lately, but I'm really hitting the limit of what's possible with 2.5 meter parts. That is to say, any 3 man expedition to anywhere beyond the moon is nearly impossible.

On the other hand, this is gonna make it trivial XD

Here's an interesting question regarding Kerbal version of SLS. Is it gonna have fairings? Unmanned (cargo) versions of SLS have them. Or would it be cut, since there're no fairings in the stock game anyway, and there's no practical need for them?

I hope NASA influences them to finally add fairings. I'm tired of piecing them together from steel plates.

Wasnt there supposed to be no random events?

It's not really a "random" event. If an asteroid gets caught in Kerbin's gravity, there's a chance it might get close enough to threaten ships and stations in orbit. Fully preventible if you can shift its course in time, or more said ships and stations.

It's not really a "random" event. If an asteroid gets caught in Kerbin's gravity, there's a chance it might get close enough to threaten ships and stations in orbit. Fully preventible if you can shift its course in time, or more said ships and stations.

This made me realise something.

What would be the most efficient planetary defense?

Floating point errors!

So, not only do I have to worry about the usual problems of my Rockets not working, stranded crew members, my complete inability to make efficient practical rockets, and my constant space station malfunctions...

But now my failures are going to cost me Reputation!? AND MONEY!?

And giant space rocks are going to collide with every single one of my ships that leaves Kerbin! (with my luck it will happen)

I can't take it! It's to much! It's incredibly awesome,. but it's to much! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.