General Solutions Union 1.3

Killerhurtz

Hey Hurtz, I'm sure you had some ideas of how these parts should look. I'd love some input from the creator on the design.

I mocked up some bases and would like input on how you'd like the direction to go before I finish them. Any picture refs or specific things you want the models to have?

A lot of the detail will come out in the texture, but any geometric traits you'd like? ;D

Heat evac and capacitor look perfect, but would it be possible to have a look at the underside of the thermal pump? It looks pretty much strike-on as is, but the inside you might need to change a few things (except if, by some dark voodoo magic, you read my mind or did something even better than what I was thinking of).

Also oh god. I saw on another thread that someone was asked to fix a little glitch because they prevented the usage of my part. I feel all giddy inside now :D

Never expected such a success from this, honestly. So awesome.

Heat evac and capacitor look perfect, but would it be possible to have a look at the underside of the thermal pump? It looks pretty much strike-on as is, but the inside you might need to change a few things (except if, by some dark voodoo magic, you read my mind or did something even better than what I was thinking of).

Also oh god. I saw on another thread that someone was asked to fix a little glitch because they prevented the usage of my part. I feel all giddy inside now :D

Never expected such a success from this, honestly. So awesome.

Haha yeah, this community is great ;D. Here are the shots you asked for!

I'm sorry I've been so late on texturing I've just been really busy lately. I'm uploading the source files, which I've already unwrapped.

Alright. Do me a favor.

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD. I was EXACTLY going to specify that I didn't want it too deep underneath and I wanted some puckered-thingamabob under it, just like you did.

You got the essence of how I'd have pictured them. Keep on going just like this. It's perfect. Even beyond that.

i've found a glitch in the passive radiator. i'm using the version 1 pack, so maybe it's already fixed, but here it is.

i call it the SSTEV-BA. or Single stage to escape velocity-bass ackwards. 18 of the 'passive radiators' around a sunday punch solid booster.

apon launch, the rocket flys about 100 feet, then flips over to point the capsule at the ground, and despite the solid booster going full blast, continues to accellerate up at a good 4-5 meters per second squared. when the solid booster runs out, the accelleration just gets higher. i let the the SSTEV-BA run for 3 hours while i was at class, and it had reached 600+ kilometers out, with a velocity of 200,000m/s..and still climbing.

so..what the heck?

I don't know how it happened, but yeah, you should update. Not only you're missing out on two extra parts (Credits to esd for the model to the extra radiator), but there has been a bugfix on the radiators which caused them to damage and/or destroy the parts beneath them (which might very well be what caused this).

If it doesn't, I'll look into it. It's not supposed to happen.

• 1 month later...

I keep thinking, but as it's now a General Solutions, if you got any problem that needs fixing, just ask and I'll do what I can!

For now, though, mostly what I'm planning is to find replacement sounds for some of these, so they will fit better. And keep messing with the settings to see what the engine allows or not.

Actually I'm already designing a whole new set of parts and testing them. This time it's not about doing what's not been done, but doing what's been done in another way.

Okay that's great, everything I have tried has failed except for one thing which had no venue. Although I have gotten several ideas of parts to do, but to make them I'm going to need to get a 3D modelling software and learn to use it.

Okay that's great, everything I have tried has failed except for one thing which had no venue. Although I have gotten several ideas of parts to do, but to make them I'm going to need to get a 3D modelling software and learn to use it.

iii

blender is free

• 2 months later...

It\'s linux. You can convert anything from anything to any other thing. I wonder if Kinux (made by the now-famous Kirbus Kerman) wil be able to convert stuff to explosives, or atleast explosive compounds.

I know, I have it installed on Ubuntu. I just have no clue how to texture with it (if it\'s even possible) and I\'m not sure there\'s a .DAE exporter.

.DAE format uses the Collada import/export filter. I\'ve heard there\'d been problems with it in Blender but it has been improved in the latest version. There are scads of tutorials online about modeling and texturing, but it is still a challenging program.

• 1 month later...

A lot of mods will not be usable with the latest builds. Many things have changed in the game in the last few months. Perhaps delete that 1 model folder in the 'parts' folder and see if it works.

Yeah, I had removed it before I posted, works fine without it. Guess I\'ll just keep an eye on everything to see when stuff is updated. Just downloaded the game yesterday and having way to much fun with it stock...figured new toys would be even better.

• 4 months later...