[0.25] Time Control - 9/23/14 v13.2

Xaiier

2 hours ago, Maltman said:

I used BettertimeWarp today for awhile. It works pretty well. But the fact that TimeControl allows you to warp time while accelerating has me hooked. I don't know of any other way to accelerate with time compression in the game.

I know there is a mod called persistent thrust by mrsolarsail. However, I have never gotten this to work.

I am lucky that I have an installation of 1.1.2 in which TimeControl works great. I'll just keep playing that for now no hurries.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to get older version of KSP? I mean if I accidentally updated my 1.1.2 installation would I be up a creek without a paddle?

So there is this thing called Physics warp. It normally only goes to 4x. Both BetterTimeWarp and TimeControl use and abuse it the same way. It's just that the default for TimeControl is Physics warp while the default for BetterTimeWarp is hyperwarp. BetterTimeWarp has what you need as well, it's just controlled differently, same as stock.:)

You can accelerate under steam (e.g. with engines burning) in stock without mods, by holding MOD + PERIOD (that's ....... these guys). MOD is either ALT on Windows or LShift on Linux. But it only goes up to 4x.

In BetterTimeWarp the default scale is 20x physics, but can do whatever you want it to. TimeControl I've pushed to 80x physics but things start breaking down. The real plus of TimeControl is the "Warp to/ Warp For" which allows you to warp for a predetermined a mount of time, like MJ Warp Helper, in the KSC screen.

The issue becomes one of physics fidelity, but that's besides the point.

As for older installations. If you are on steam you can look under options and there is a way to revert to previous installation version under the Updates tab.

so has this mod just.. been working.. with no updates or maintenance, since KSP 0.25 / Sep 23 2014?  That's pretty impressive if so... is the source code available / is anyone still maintaining it at this point?

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

so has this mod just.. been working.. with no updates or maintenance, since KSP 0.25 / Sep 23 2014?  That's pretty impressive if so... is the source code available / is anyone still maintaining it at this point?

Read back a page or so, the work for 1.1.3 is actively underway

1 hour ago, westamastaflash said:

If you'd like, please test it out and note bugs? Please test with your favorite common mods

AWESOME!!  Thank you so much for working on this and keeping it up to date.  My science game now revolves partially around this mod and without it timing those small zones in low orbit (highland craters on the mun anyone) has been damn near impossible for the time delayed experiments.  I will punish the hell out of this in testing for you with my 150+ mod load. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Feature Request: A button, perhaps between Reset Warp Rates and Reset Body Altitude Limits, which sets all altitude limits to 0. 

The reason is that I often have to manually insert 0 into all of the altitude limits, for example when I am orbiting low on minmus and trying to do a rendezvous. I think it would be more convenient to just have a button which sets them all to zero automatically, for all planets or just for the one selected even. 

Thank you.

• 9 months later...

Greetings,

Very cool mod, useful in so many ways. I am having trouble with one feature, though. FPS Keeper doesn't seem to do anything for me. I assume it's meant to lock the FPS at whatever you set and scale the time appropriately. Am I wrong in assuming this?

Thanks!

Jamie

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.