Making high contrast nav ball!

kBob

I've been finding the prograde retrograde markers a little hard to distinguish on my simple black and white ball so I changed the contrast a bit to make them easier to see.  Also made the tick marks easier to read.  Here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

See if you can find someone to try a quick recompile... I have this working in 1.2 thanx to a fellow forum member...

If you have a working version, why not provide to your forum-mates?

28 minutes ago, xEvilReeperx said:

Hi, I updated it for KSP 1.2. Didn't need any fixes besides removing the KSPUtil reference which is no longer needed

You Da Man!! :)
THANK YOU... this is actually one of the FIRST few mods i REALLY REALLY want on a new KSP install

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, xEvilReeperx said:

Hi, I updated it for KSP 1.2. Didn't need any fixes besides removing the KSPUtil reference which is no longer needed

Thanks again and glad it was an easy fix.

I've noticed that the stock navball tends to be about half a degree off - when I'm flying at 90 degrees, as shown in the numeric indicator below the navball, the direction marker is usually sitting just left of center on the 90 degree line - closer to 89 or 89.5 degrees.

Is that fixable using this mod?

22 hours ago, tjt said:

I've noticed that the stock navball tends to be about half a degree off - when I'm flying at 90 degrees, as shown in the numeric indicator below the navball, the direction marker is usually sitting just left of center on the 90 degree line - closer to 89 or 89.5 degrees.

Is that fixable using this mod?

I've never noticed that.  This mod let's you overlay anything you want onto the navball so in theory you might be able to, if this is just an alignment problem, by ediing the derfault overlay and moving the 90 deg line a bit or try one of the alternate files in this thread and see if they fix the problem (if you don't mind the different/colors text styles).  It's an easy mod to use so try it worst case you've lost a little time playing with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my reinterpretation of the navball. I've maintained the color scheme but simplified and added clarity to the design.
The grid is now a 10º by 10º square with each 30º marked in writing.

Hope you enjoy it.

screenshot of my navball in use. The red KSP Logo is visible.

5Rebvnv.png

navball texture

TVAzp5I.jpg

emissive map

RDinDRX.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

I love the black and white nav ball. It reminds me of a WWII 'Navball'

Actually someone posted a pic of one from a 1960's Apollo era Navball which is what I did the B&W from.  They knew the high contrast would be easy to read probably even under bad lighting conditions.  Sometimes simplicity is best.  (I'd love a version of KSP where we could build and fly WWII aircraft and rockets.)

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:59 AM, Zasnold said:

This is my reinterpretation of the navball. I've maintained the color scheme but simplified and added clarity to the design.
The grid is now a 10º by 10º square with each 30º marked in writing

Interesting design, I'll give it a try one of these days when I feel in a colorful mood.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.