I just got an email from Squad and I am NOT happy!

SkyHook

Sorry for the sensationalist title. I am not angry, just curious. I just got an email from squad about resetting my password, but I did not request such a thing. Have I received this in error? Should I be worried about my account integrity?

Squad is not to blame. One of two things happened.

Evil hackers (Probably from a coffe shop at the Sochi Olympics) are systematically trying to hack your account, likely to get the game for themselves.

Someone accidentally asked for a password reset on your account instead of theirs. Say if your account is SkyHook and theirs is SkyHook2 (because you got there first) and they forgot.

The email likely says you should ignore it if you did not request a new password. You did not request a new password, so just ignore the email.

Eh, yeah, unless the person who clicked the button to send the email also has access to your email account already, there's nothing to worry about. Just delete the message (and have your email provider delete it from the trash immediately, too, to make sure it's as gone as you can make it, if you're worried).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.