[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Odd, When I was getting lag, I looked under the debug and found that there where loads of null reference errors every second, which cause lag (normally, based on when I have had it happen before)

Not what I was refrencing.. But your right null refernces over and over cause massive lag and other issues, and eventually can shut down just about everything in KSP and cause all kinds of issues.

I was just reading through the pages.. Rubby Ducky you say you can disable the rendering with this mod? Does that by chance get rid of the major bugs people are experiencing? Now.. idk about anyone else, but personally im okay with just the flares and planets. If this mod is stable with just those features alone then that'd be all I need.

Yep, go into Settings.cfg and set maxDistance to -1. It should be stable then.

Testing out some possible solutions with WillHop (thanks btw!) -- if this last build doesn't fix it, then I'll update the plugin to disable vessel rendering by default until I can work out the issue.

Um just time-warped and this happened ... Luckily I had a backup

Any Ideas?

Edit: It keeps doing it so im going to have to remove the plugin and try again

Edit2: Works fine without this plugin, i hope theres a fix as this looked great

I had something similar happen. Part of my space station would "appear" embedded in the crew cab of the ship I was flying at random. Occasionally I'd reload on the launchpad and see it already sticking out of the front window. I removed the mod and it went away so I can only assume it's something here.

Hey everybody, plugin updated (again). Added a new setting to easily toggle vessel rendering, and now vessel rendering is disabled by default. You should be safe to use this plugin now.

It also has a bit of progress with the accursed ship breaking, they no longer explode a few kilometers above the launchpad. However, WillHop is still reporting some same issues, so I wouldn't enable this feature if you want a stable game.

Also, I included a bunch of other color definitions for other planet mods:

• Real Solar System
  • metaphor's reconfiguration of Real Solar System
  • Alternis Kerbol
  • All the default PlanetFactory planets

See the OP for further details.

Hey everybody, plugin updated (again). Added a new setting to easily toggle vessel rendering, and now vessel rendering is disabled by default. You should be safe to use this plugin now.

It also has a bit of progress with the accursed ship breaking, they no longer explode a few kilometers above the launchpad. However, WillHop is still reporting some same issues, so I wouldn't enable this feature if you want a stable game.

Also, I included a bunch of other color definitions for other planet mods:

• Real Solar System
  • metaphor's reconfiguration of Real Solar System
  • Alternis Kerbol
  • All the default PlanetFactory planets

See the OP for further details.

I'll give it a go. My poor Kerbals!

Ive noticed a slight compatibility issue. I used 1.2 without the Interstellar mod (0.13) and it worked just fine, but together they cause the client to crash just as the game finished loading. The error log produces no useful information so I have decided not to post it.

Ive noticed a slight compatibility issue. I used 1.2 without the Interstellar mod (0.13) and it worked just fine, but together they cause the client to crash just as the game finished loading. The error log produces no useful information so I have decided not to post it.

I cannot replicate this, my game loaded just fine with interstellar and this mod {1.2}

Crash to desktop at the end of loading is most commonly caused by out of memory - especially if you just added a big mod such as Interstellar.

Do you use any texture memory reduction method, such as Active Texture Management?

So far I have not experienced any crashes, unplanned disassembly, or errors. I have noticed a slight increase in lag, but that might be because I have too many mods.

I didn't really notice any lag,I mean all it's doing is making colours right?

This mod has caused some very weird problems for me. It caused a single AIES solar panel to spawn inside my craft's glitching and shaking them to bits and destroying my rockets a few seconds after takeoff. The flight log simply states: 'collided with node'. I got this mod for the hubble telescope mod but unfortunately it began creating game breaking, craft destroying glitches so I had to uninstall :( It's no doubt an incompatibility with one of the many mods I have running and not just a problem on its own, but I thought I'd let you know and anyone else know who may be having similar problems.

I didn't really notice any lag,I mean all it's doing is making colours right?

It is calculating a ton of stuff about every planet, every vessel, every frame, I wouldn't be surprised if some users are experiencing some minor lag.

You can reduce some lag by telling the plugin to skip drawing flares for debris -- go into Settings.cfg, and under "DistantFlare", set "ignoreDebris" to "true". It should be between the flareSize and debrisBrightness fields. You know, I should really look into making a nice GUI for settings in-game.

This mod has caused some very weird problems for me. It caused a single AIES solar panel to spawn inside my craft's glitching and shaking them to bits and destroying my rockets a few seconds after takeoff. The flight log simply states: 'collided with node'. I got this mod for the hubble telescope mod but unfortunately it began creating game breaking, craft destroying glitches so I had to uninstall :( It's no doubt an incompatibility with one of the many mods I have running and not just a problem on its own, but I thought I'd let you know and anyone else know who may be having similar problems.

Be sure you have version 1.2 (updated last night), and that you haven't enabled vessel rendering (it's disabled by default).

It is calculating a ton of stuff about every planet, every vessel, every frame, I wouldn't be surprised if some users are experiencing some minor lag.

You can reduce some lag by telling the plugin to skip drawing flares for debris -- go into Settings.cfg, and under "DistantFlare", set "ignoreDebris" to "true". It should be between the flareSize and debrisBrightness fields. You know, I should really look into making a nice GUI for settings in-game.

Be sure you have version 1.2 (updated last night), and that you haven't enabled vessel rendering (it's disabled by default).

There are 2 lots of "ignore debris" Should i change both to true?