[0.90] [Up for adoption] Connected Living Space v1.1.2.0 (27th Feb 2015) Hatches and Highlighting

codepoet

(as an aside I have not heard of any features in 0.23.5 that make me interested in playing it. - Just a personal opinion.)

For me, it's the map view upgrade (I think they called it "focus planet" or something in game). Makes interplanetary flights and especially gravity assists a lot easier to plan.

Back on topic, I just installed CLS on 0.23.5 yesterday and it seems to be working fine so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Note for KSP 23.5

Just a heads up.... not sure if it's been mentioned and I missed it...

Connected Living Space v1.0.3.0 and Kerbal Hot Seat v1.0.0.0 do not get along and will cause an immediate CTD (Crash to Desktop) when the user goes to any craft if both are installed...

CLS v1.0.0.0 and KHS v1.0.0.0 are compatible. KHS v1.0.0.0 includes CLS v1.0.0.0 in its zip file. I know that the two will not cause an immediate CTD, but did not test long enough to determine stability past 1 minute or so.

Note for KSP 23.5

Just a heads up.... not sure if it's been mentioned and I missed it...

Connected Living Space v1.0.3.0 and Kerbal Hot Seat v1.0.0.0 do not get along and will cause an immediate CTD (Crash to Desktop) when the user goes to any craft if both are installed...

CLS v1.0.0.0 and KHS v1.0.0.0 are compatible. KHS v1.0.0.0 includes CLS v1.0.0.0 in its zip file. I know that the two will not cause an immediate CTD, but did not test long enough to determine stability past 1 minute or so.

Thanks for this. I will add an issue to Github, and do some testing.

Just thought I'd drop a note.

Ship Manifest 0.23.5.3.2 is out. CLS Integration to crew transfers. Thanks codepoet!

So excited!

Thank YOU! I can see I wil start playing my main save again now :) Does this new version of ShipManifest work with both 0.23.5 and 0.23?

So excited!

Thank YOU! I can see I wil start playing my main save again now :) Does this new version of ShipManifest work with both 0.23.5 and 0.23?

0.23 and 0.23.5 As far as my testing took me.... :)

Hi,

Does anyone have configs for B9 and LLL?

Not that I am aware of, but you can do them yourself without much difficulty. If you do, them please share, so they can be included in the next release.

Not that I am aware of, but you can do them yourself without much difficulty. If you do, them please share, so they can be included in the next release.

Yeah, was just checking before I go and make them. A quick question though, how do I disable passage through side nodes?

Also is there a way to allow passage through radially attached part?

Edited by Aedile

Yeah, was just checking before I go and make them. A quick question though, how do I disable passage through side nodes?

Also is there a way to allow passage through radially attached part?

You can disable passage through a node with the impassablenodes value in the config. Consider the cupla in the stock config as an example:

@PART[cupola]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
impassablenodes = top
}
}

As for radially attached parts - I am hoping to make that available in the next release.

You can disable passage through a node with the impassablenodes value in the config. Consider the cupla in the stock config as an example:

@PART[cupola]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
impassablenodes = top
}
}

As for radially attached parts - I am hoping to make that available in the next release.

Yes I looked at them, but I need to make few side nodes impassable, and was wondering how the names of those are assigned. Are they the same as the ones in the part def?

As for the radial parts, LLL has this hatch door/airlock which are radially attached, and basically the way to get your kerbals to EVA (transfer them to it and EVA from there). So ideally, you should be able to pass to the airlock part, but not other radially attached parts.

So anyway, got the B9 basic config, now I'm testing it and working on the 'freedom' config, which will basically allow you to go through some tanks which seem to have doors etc.

The LLL basics are also down, still need to make the 'freedom' one, though I don't think I'll allow passing through 1.25 tanks even if they look like they have a hatch. There is of course the radial hatch issue. I seem to have a bit trouble with the docks as well. There are also some parts which have passenger capacity, and imo are a bit too small for a kerbal to pass through it and have one inside, so might add an extra config adjusting that and some other small things.

I seem to have a bit issue with some cones though, as other mods might be adding to them, so might need to detect that. Not sure what I should do in that case - make it impassable or remove the fuel/tanks, or reduce the amount. That gets a bit more complicated though.

Edited by Aedile

I seem to have a bit issue with some cones though, as other mods might be adding to them, so might need to detect that. Not sure what I should do in that case - make it impassable or remove the fuel/tanks, or reduce the amount. That gets a bit more complicated though.

I noticed this as well, the Stock Rebalance Project adds fuel/oxidiser to the taller adapter so it probably makes sense for it to be impassable when that mod is used. I would suggest that if a mod changes the default behaviour of a part such that its passable-ness should also change, then that mod should handle it be including an amended CLS config file for the relevant part. I don't know how that could be made to override the default CLS config for that part though.

I noticed this as well, the Stock Rebalance Project adds fuel/oxidiser to the taller adapter so it probably makes sense for it to be impassable when that mod is used. I would suggest that if a mod changes the default behaviour of a part such that its passable-ness should also change, then that mod should handle it be including an amended CLS config file for the relevant part. I don't know how that could be made to override the default CLS config for that part though.

Yes that exact one. Also modular fuels or real fuels. I am wondering if can detect resource or tank and modify depending on that.

On a side note, anyone know how to add EVA hatch or something of the sort?

Edited by Aedile

Yes I looked at them, but I need to make few side nodes impassable, and was wondering how the names of those are assigned. Are they the same as the ones in the part def?

Yes

As for the radial parts, LLL has this hatch door/airlock which are radially attached, and basically the way to get your kerbals to EVA (transfer them to it and EVA from there). So ideally, you should be able to pass to the airlock part, but not other radially attached parts.

Like I say, radial attached parts will be supported in a future release of CLS.

So anyway, got the B9 basic config, now I'm testing it and working on the 'freedom' config, which will basically allow you to go through some tanks which seem to have doors etc.

The LLL basics are also down, still need to make the 'freedom' one, though I don't think I'll allow passing through 1.25 tanks even if they look like they have a hatch. There is of course the radial hatch issue. I seem to have a bit trouble with the docks as well. There are also some parts which have passenger capacity, and imo are a bit too small for a kerbal to pass through it and have one inside, so might add an extra config adjusting that and some other small things.

If you are writing more than one config for the same pack (ie strict / freedom etc) it would be useful to be able to ship it with a text file that explains the style of play behind the different configs to make it easy for th eplayer to know which one to install.

My own view is that if it is a structural part that adapted one size to another then it could be passable, but if it is a fuel tank then it ought not be passable. (In fact I do not think any fuel tanks should be passable even if the textur has some sort of hatch on it, but that is a personal opinion. Providing multiple version fo the config as you are considering doing give the player the choice, which is the way it should be.)

The large RCS tank is over-sized for the capacity and does appear to have a crew-access tunnel through it. The same is also true of the large batteries. I wouldn't object if they were defined as being crew-space connectors.

Indeed. If CLS was more widely adopted then perhaps other modders would be keener to provide their own CLS config for their mod. However, in terms of over-riding, doesn't ModuleManager provide some sort of "final" syntax that could be used?

I made a couple of configs that I needed for my purposes.

Home Grown Rocket's stock alike Shenzhou didn't work without

@PART[InLineChute]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

and Universal Storage's Octocore, looks like this should be possible.

@PART[US_d_Hub_Octocore]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

Indeed. If CLS was more widely adopted then perhaps other modders would be keener to provide their own CLS config for their mod. However, in terms of over-riding, doesn't ModuleManager provide some sort of "final" syntax that could be used?

Speaking of which, one of my plugin users had an issue with impasability and sumghai posted his intention to incorporate CLS compatability into FusTek.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-0-23-5-Ship-Manifest-(Manage-Crew-Science-Resources)-v0-23-5-3-2-16-Apr-14?p=1106948&viewfull=1#post1106948

Perhaps the inclusion of CLS with SM, may contribute in some small way to greater acceptance.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Speaking of which, one of my plugin users had an issue with impasability and sumghai posted his intention to incorporate CLS compatability into FusTek.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-0-23-5-Ship-Manifest-(Manage-Crew-Science-Resources)-v0-23-5-3-2-16-Apr-14?p=1106948&viewfull=1#post1106948

Perhaps the inclusion of CLS with SM, may contribute in some small way to greater acceptance.

Good :)

At least now SM is supporting it, you can use CLS for something other than just roleplaying. I am now looking for someone to come us with a viable sanity type mod. I am aware of this development, which looks awesome, but the author seems to have lost interest :( Does anyone know who the author is, and if there is something that can be done to encourage them?

Good :)

At least now SM is supporting it, you can use CLS for something other than just roleplaying. I am now looking for someone to come us with a viable sanity type mod. I am aware of this development, which looks awesome, but the author seems to have lost interest :( Does anyone know who the author is, and if there is something that can be done to encourage them?

Here's my previous thoughts on a sanity type mod, but I never found time to program it... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/909-Habitation-Space-for-Long-Duration-Space-Flight

For users of

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/34664-Large-Structural-Station-Components-20-Compatible-Release-Thread

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Habitation]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Hydroponics]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Structural_Corridor]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = false
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Structural_Corridor_B]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Structural_Corridor_C]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Structural_Corridor_D]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[UDKLD_Large_Hub_Module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

Yes, he has been in touch via PM. The next release of CLS will not ship with config for this mod.

It would be great if other popular mods provided their own CLS config.

BTW I had an awesome coding session lastnight, and made a big improvement on the hatches in the docking ports. Everything else should just fall together now. I am currently testing with the porkjet flathab.