Invisible RCS Module

Normak

I have a small RCS module that I need to help finish a project that I\'m preparing to release, but the RCS module is completely invisible in game. It\'s a small part, but I\'ve seen smaller. What could be the problem?

No, it\'s not showing up in the parts list. I can select it and place it on my rocket, but it has no icon and is invisible in game. This isn\'t the first part I\'ve modeled and imported, but it is the smallest.

but what png file is listed in the config file then?

If the incorrect file is in there, (or the file is gone) you can get either an all black or transparent part.

Next thing to check would be the normal mapping direction, if their all pointing in, then the mesh reflects no lights. Directions to check that would depend on what software you are using to set things up.

Problem solved. I copied another part\'s config file to make mine, sort of using it as a template. It had the alphacutoff setting set to 0.5, so I set that to zero and the part showed up in game. Thanks for the help, everyone. If I hadn\'t gone back to check that I had erased the copied texture name, I wouldn\'t have seen that detail.