[KSP 0.8.5] Released!

HarvesteR

KSP version 0.8.5 is now released as an official update!

Here's the changelog:

New:

* Added copying of parts (and sets of parts) by holding Alt while clicking on them.

* Replaced tricoupler textures and UV mapping (UV map by Dippeggs)

* Parachutes can now deploy automatically if jettisoned along with other parts (allowing for parts to be safely landed)

* Stage decouplers can now share fuel across stages.

* Added Keys to control the camera in the VAB (+/- for zooming, pgup/pgdown for scrolling)

* Added Keys to control the camera in flight (+/- for zooming)

* Added some sound effects for the parachute opening

* Added cfg-definable parameter for parachute autodeployment delay

* Added a debugging console to the game (can be toggled with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C)

* Right-clicking the Symmetry Button will now step the symmetry mode back.

* It is no longer possible to select a part of the ship while the mouse is over any interface items.

* Added toggle key to switch between precision or instant input modes (Caps Lock)

* Pitch, Yaw and Roll gauges change color to indicate mode (orange for instant, cyan for precision)

* Exposed Kd, Ki and Kp parameters for tuning the SAS and CommandPod modules

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed the staging lock LED not turning purple after launch

* Icons no longer show a transparent border floating around then mousing over disconnected parts.

* Fixed a bug where deleting a symmetrical part would sometimes leave it's counterparts floating around.

* Fixed a bug where creating a new stage with a decoupler and then removing it would generate errors.

* Fixed most sound volume decay over distance problems.

* Fixed a bug that caused a massive performance drop when fuel tanks emptied (fuel tank switch lag bug)

* The Flight camera will now remain always centered on the ship's center of mass.

* The Screenshot function will now create a Screenshots directory if one isn't found.

* The altimeter will now go past 999,999K correctly (it will move up to 1000M, then 1000G, 1000T and so on)

* Fixed a bug that could cause large ships to explode at 5,000m altitude.

Cheers

Yes, Keep up the Good work!

I love the new loading screen! LOL

So - wait - why do the decouplers now share fuel across stages. Is it for radial de-couplers as well or just regular ones. I can't think of a reason why it would be necessary.

Great! now just to find a second where the server isent overloaded so I can download it. <3

Le edit:

It looks and works great, except I'm having pretty big lag when moving through windows (like from Space center to VAD and from there to launch pad), and I have to switch to my browser and back to make it switch.

Our hosting company really hate us now :) thanks for all your support and for your patience on the server crashes this will be finished by the end of the week... hopefully.

Don't forget that you can get the game on the mirrors also

Mirror 1

Torrent

It would be truly great if you guys could add keyboard shortcuts for camera rotation to the VAB and launchpad. Those of us running the game virtualized on Linux and OS X can't right-click on anything, and so we can't rotate the camera. Makes the game nearly impossible to play!

having nothing but problems with the new version, it hangs up alot when loading all the screens to the point where it says program not responding, then it comes back, and the mod parts im using cause the program to hang up in the vehicle assembly plant when there is too many on the screen

having nothing but problems with the new version, it hangs up alot when loading all the screens to the point where it says program not responding, then it comes back, and the mod parts im using cause the program to hang up in the vehicle assembly plant when there is too many on the screen

Please post things like this in the Support forum: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

And yes, we have been having reports of people having issues with the newest build, please be patient, and we will try and diagnose what the problem is as soon as we can.

Unfortunately, none of the moderators are on atm (I'm a not-quite-official forum mod atm), as soon as HarvesteR or any of the other devs are online, we will try and bring it to there attention.