[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

the clamps follow my vessel into space. looks like they respawn on the vehicle and release again. it's just for a milisecond and then they fall behind. I can see them as debries. duno how to describe this.

- KSP 1.0.2 @ win x86

- log

the clamps follow my vessel into space. looks like they respawn on the vehicle and release again. it's just for a milisecond and then they fall behind. I can see them as debries. duno how to describe this.

- KSP 1.0.2 @ win x86

- log

We've discussed it on the FASA thread. It happens to some people including me. I think it was stated that it's not a FASA problem and it can only be fixed by Squad but look it up in the comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had an issue where as the rocket is climbing it seems like the fasa clamp are intermittently emitted??? I will try to grab a screen shot if nobody has seen it. It's making me crazy. I do not know if it's hotrockets, smokescreen, or FASA causing it.

What's worse is they have mass and as they are emitted they knocked off the bottom half of my ship!!! It was just an annoyance for the clamps that attach at the base of the rocket but towers and umbilical's hit the ship as they are emitted and destroy the rocket!

Damnit! I cannot press the screen cap button fast enough to see the actual launch tower being emitted and destroying my ship. I can press f3 and you see the message xxx destroyed by fasa launch tower...

What would be causing this?

Caught an image as proof....

2EeszjB.png

That was at over 10,000m. They just appear magically and then fall away and destroy my ship.

Edited by ctbram

Okay it's definately FASA launch clamps. I pulled Hot Rockets, and Smoke Screen and it happened again. I replaced all the FASA clamps with stock and it wokrs fine. I have had this issue with every rocket using FASA clamps. It was not a problem for the clamps that attach at the base of the engine as they just appear randomly in flich and fall away. But the tower and umbilical hit the ship when they appear and destroy the ship.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Read

As in see the post right above yours....

Doh I honestly did not see the post above mine and I did look through the thread first. Oh well guess I cannot use FASA clamps. Too bad I liked the look.

Its a squad bug in 1.0 and happens to all clamps. It is a lot more noticeable with FASA clamps because you attach them all over your rocket and for what ever reason if they are clamped to the bottom it doesn't happen as often.

mPbk5wq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I Installed the FASA Towers but when i try to load a rocket with them it starts to shake and break the rocket parts and i can't even launch :( because the engine is broken any ideas ?

Edited by LividPumpkin

If you quicksave and quickload a few seconds after liftoff the game automatically recovers the launch clamps and stops the launch clamps follow you to orbit bug. It's annoying but there's some craft you just can't launch without clamps.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a workaround involving fiddling with the game files to fix the bug entirely, not just quick save and load every time. So, no it wasn't answered.

Though it probably is not the sort of stuff to be discussed here so I'll move on to the stock bug fix thread.

Thanks anyways!

• 3 weeks later...
I was looking for a workaround involving fiddling with the game files to fix the bug entirely, not just quick save and load every time. So, no it wasn't answered.

Though it probably is not the sort of stuff to be discussed here so I'll move on to the stock bug fix thread.

Thanks anyways!

Kuroko!

So I can go to space without binging the clamps with me now? Great!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this is necessarily the appropriate venue to ask, but I've been getting errors that the kerbals in my FASA Launch Tower can't get out because the hatch door is obstructed.

So I guess the question is... how do / can I get them out for their walk of fame to the command pod?

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure this is necessarily the appropriate venue to ask, but I've been getting errors that the kerbals in my FASA Launch Tower can't get out because the hatch door is obstructed.

So I guess the question is... how do / can I get them out for their walk of fame to the command pod?

I'm having a similar problem, but in my case I can't get the kerbals of the ground-level hatch.

Hello,

I am encountering a bug in where the Crew Launch Tower is being retracted automatically, any ideas or fixes?

I am also experiencing this problem. It seemed to begin after I installed the SXT (Stock Extensions) mod. I'm working on something else at the moment but I'll try to remember to remove SXT and test it later.

• 3 months later...

I notice that FASA has been updated for 1.0.5.  Is there any chance that this version here, with just the launch towers and clamps, could be updated as well?  Not trying to be pushy at all.  I just love this mod, and I have been having trouble with the clamps heading into orbit with my vehicles lately and I believe that the latest release of FASA fixes this? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing changed in the clamps with the last 10 or so updates to FASA. All of the fixes were done by Squad to the stock game where the problem was in the first place.

But since people don't believe me, (no changes have been made!) I updated the version number on kerbal stuff.

PLEASE post your "The latest update is broken" posts here so I can publicly ridicule you....

Edited by frizzank

3 hours ago, frizzank said:

PLEASE post your "The latest update is broken" posts here so I can publicly ridicule you....

Oh well, since you ask ... The latest update is broken.  Your turn.  (See the name, see the avatar?  Ridicule is nothing to be scared off (although quoting Adam Ant might be) *grin*)

FWIW, I have had no problem with the towers going to space in 1.0.5 but I stopped using the towers because the umbilicals just don't seem to function at all.  This, presumably, is because I haven't read the thread for the many time this has been raised and answered before.  Now that really is worthy of ridicule.  (I'll be back when I update my 10 year old computer to something that can cope with parts-mods).

@frizzank Is there something I could edit in config files for 1.25m and 2.5m Redstone Clamps to prevent them exploding the moment I ignite the engines. I used to have those clamps before and I could hold the rocket down with them for a few moments before letting it go, but now they just explode when engine is ignited

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.