[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

thanks, I have increased maxTem on the launch clamps and now they do not explode. Problem now is that engine above them instantly starts to overheat and explodes after 1-2 seconds. I'll play with settings and see if something can be done for that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new to this mod, so I am not sure if what I am experiencing is a bug or just me being inexperienced with the parts in this mod.  The umbilical towers, as I understand them, are supposed to allow you to fuel your tanks and maintain electrical power to your vehicle, correct?  I have no issue with the electrical feature, but when I try to fuel my rockets, I cannot get the fuel transfer started.  Does the fuel transfer feature only work with FASA fuel tanks, or can it function with stock fuel tanks as well?  Is there a trick I am not aware of for getting the fuel to start?  I right-click the umbilical tower and click the "fuel on" button, but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help/training would be appreciated!  All the other parts in this mod work great, and I love the way my launch sequences look now with these parts added.  The umbilical tower is the only part that is giving me any issues. 

EDIT: I changed the fuel crossfeed from FALSE to TRUE on the umbilical towers.  Seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by SpaceRabbit
Found the solution to my problem myself

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/01/2016 at 2:30 AM, frizzank said:

* Increased launch clamps and decouplers max temp drastically so they were less explody on separation.

Updated on Kerbal Stuff, if you have the latest FASA you have this update.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/34/FASA%20Launch%20Clamps%20and%20Towers

With KerbalStuff gone, where will this mod be hosted?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please update this on CKAN? It wont let me install it via ckan because it uses kerbalstuff as a host. Also, I tried to remove the other content from FASA to get just the towers, but I'm unsure how to do this. If you do not want to update this via CKAN, can you provide an alternate download link? Yes, I know about the mediafire link. I put in mediafire in front of it and it says the account hosting the file has been suspended.

Edited by InfiniteAtom
Changed wording.

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants the FASA launch clamps and towers, you can go to the main FASA topic (linked below) and download its current .zip (version 5.44).  Its launch clamps and towers are working for me in KSP 1.1.

For just the launch clamps and towers, extract and install the following 2 directories and their contents into KSP.

GameData/FASA/Misc/FASA_Launch_Clamp_125/

GameData/FASA/Misc/FASA_Launch_Tower/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Probus said:

What needs to be done to get the launch towers going again.  Is it something I can do or will it need TLC from @NathanKell?

18 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Look at Bluedog Design. The FASA Launchtowers are included and works.

Yes, I believe ours are working currently. Feel free to rip out the edited cfgs and repackage them here for the standalone. I probably won't maintain the separate download.

Edited by CobaltWolf

18 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes, I believe ours are working currently. Feel free to rip out the edited cfgs and repackage them here for the standalone. I probably won't maintain the separate download.

That's great @CobaltWolf.  Thanks for doing that.

The only thing I've observed is that if you switch view back to the pad and the towers haven't been "cleaned up" by the game, AND you have 2 or more overlayed on one another (to have multiple arms along your rocket) they displace from one another as if the colliders are "pushing" them apart.

AFAIK and IIRC they have always done that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.