[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

timmers_uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The mod still works. However, I do get an incompatibility error at start-up. Anyone knows how to fix that?

It's code this and a few other mods included to warn about a version change in KSP. For a number of them, they still work and you can just close that window at the start. From the mods I have, there's just this one and Notepad that still haven't been updated. And both are working okay.

Edited by Jacke

I recently discovered this mod; it's a real gem. All adjustments seem to work in 0.25 as well, although I can't seem to keep my settings between sessions and scenes; they always get reset after leaving the scene. Am I the only one having this issue in 0.25?

While the mod may work, a recompile to remove the warning would be nice and AFAIK not take up too much time...

About 60 seconds. Takes 5x longer to test it than to fix it, lol.

Changed the version number and recompiled the dll. Just replace the existing dll.

[modedit]Link removed, source required.[/modedit]

Distributed under license of the original, yadda-yadda, etc.

Edited by technicalfool
Source required.

About 60 seconds. Takes 5x longer to test it than to fix it, lol.

Changed the version number and recompiled the dll. Just replace the existing dll.

[modedit]Link removed, source required.[/modedit]

Distributed under license of the original, yadda-yadda, etc.

Hi.

Source code is required for all mod distributions, as well as a license. Even minor fixes like yours.

Fortunately the original code is on github and licensed under the GPL v3. Should be a relatively simple matter to fork, fix, and link.

Sorry about that.

Hi.

Source code is required for all mod distributions, as well as a license. Even minor fixes like yours.

Fortunately the original code is on github and licensed under the GPL v3. Should be a relatively simple matter to fork, fix, and link.

Sorry about that.

what is the standard procedure in this cases? how would he proceed to share HIS updated version?

what is the standard procedure in this cases? how would he proceed to share HIS updated version?

Any link to the changed sources would do. But as technicalfool said, it's on github. So it can be forked, the change made and pushed back to github, and a link to that github provided. Can even use github's release functionality to host the archive for installing. That's the best way, in my opinion, but even including the changed source in a zip with the rest would do. Would just need to say "The source code with the small change is included in the .zip file" or something to that effect.

Mentioning the license, thanking the original author(s) and telling people not to report bugs with your version to them would also be terrific ideas.

Actually, there's a more recent workaround. Some outrageously handsome devil has made a mod that simply disables the popup altogether. It's called "Compatibility Popup Blocker", and I'm told it even has a thread in this very forum!

Actually, there's a more recent workaround. Some outrageously handsome devil has made a mod that simply disables the popup altogether. It's called "Compatibility Popup Blocker", and I'm told it even has a thread in this very forum!

Sadly this man knows nothing of marketing. Not only does he not put the link in his posts, he doesn't even put it in his signature!

;)

Compatibility Popup Blocker

To get the fix committed to the original source tree, you could fork the tree on github, make the changes, commit/push the changes to your fork, and send a pull request to the original project. This way you have a pull request to refer to as source, and the project maintainers can incorporate your fix without having them to do it again themselves. Plus credits!

Hope that helps :)

Yep, correct action in this situation is to fork, provide a pull request, and until the author updates it, start your own new thread with the updated version. Once the author comes back and re-releases, simply deprecate your fork.

Numerous examples of this in the past, and it's a lot more community friendly than putting the proverbial dab of electrical tape over the check engine light - since the 'mod' referenced above will disable this for not only more benign cases, but pretty much all of them. Fortunately it looks like the vast majority of our users are not interested in that particular bill of goods.

Love this mod myself, would like to see a temporary fork. Ping me if you have GitHub questions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.