[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

timmers_uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Bing!

and the thread (and the plugin) are back in business.

Many thanks to @blizzy78 for allowing me to take on this mod.

0.90.0 release is now up on the OP

Yay! Now I can use the YouTuber's Best Friend mod without the annoying nag screen telling me it's incompatible with 0.90 :)

I also appreciate the naming the directory after the mod and not the author. Makes it easy to tell at a glance at the folder that the mod's installed.

• 1 month later...

I hope this question isn't seen as blasphemy (we all appreciate blizzy's KSP body of work) but are there plans to update this mod to add to the default toolbar rather than requiring blizzy's toolbar? It would be great to have the option of which toolbar to use, as has been done with several other mods. Thanks!

Edited by maxrsp
typo

I hope this question isn't seen as blasphemy (we all appreciate blizzy's KSP body of work) but are there plans to update this mod to add to the default toolbar rather than requiring blizzy's toolbar? It would be great to have the option of which toolbar to use, as has been done with several other mods. Thanks!

I'd have been hesitant to ask Blizzy to do this when he was maintaining it, but I'm somewhat open to it - right now life's keeping me very busy so I'm stuck in life support mode for any mods, but if I get some time back on KSP mod work, I'd be happy to look into it.

T

• 3 months later...
I'd have been hesitant to ask Blizzy to do this when he was maintaining it, but I'm somewhat open to it - right now life's keeping me very busy so I'm stuck in life support mode for any mods, but if I get some time back on KSP mod work, I'd be happy to look into it.

I haven't done a lot of KSP modding so I don't know if mods can tell what other mods are loaded, but if they can wouldn't it be possible to have it use Blizzy's Toolbar if it's installed, otherwise use the stock toolbar?

em kind of strange to upgrade a mod to 1.0 that is dependent on a mod (blizzy toolbar) that is not upgraded to 1.0??? I keep getting a nasty gram about toolbar is not supported when I boot the game and on some screens the toolbar does not show up.

It doesn't work for me. I have not the Blizzy Toolbar, and nothings appear on the stock one.

Ambient light adjustment depends on Blizzy's toolbar to operate, so without Blizzy's toolbar, you're out of luck with this mod.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't done a lot of KSP modding so I don't know if mods can tell what other mods are loaded, but if they can wouldn't it be possible to have it use Blizzy's Toolbar if it's installed, otherwise use the stock toolbar?

Yes, but as written above, its not something I have the spare time available to look into right now - of course if anyone else wants to take on the task and send a pull request once they have stock toolbar working, I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...
ALA doesn't interact with the stock toolbar (to my knowledge) and my personal Blizzy Toolbar has an icon.

Mine too, and I just checked and the icon (contrast.tga) is definitely in the package ... hmmm ... isnt tga loading unreliable though... I'll look into that later on (poss not till the weekend though).

T

Love this mod, i use it every time i stream, i have one suggestion for this mod: auto-balancing the brightness.

Not quite sure how to do it technically, maybe to grab some pixels from the screen, determine the average brightness and gradually change to the desired brightness, this way the brightness always stays the same and we won't need to fine tune the brightness manually each time.

Thanks for the mod.

Love this mod, i use it every time i stream, i have one suggestion for this mod: auto-balancing the brightness.

Not quite sure how to do it technically, maybe to grab some pixels from the screen, determine the average brightness and gradually change to the desired brightness, this way the brightness always stays the same and we won't need to fine tune the brightness manually each time.

Thanks for the mod.

Whilst it would be great for someone to do that, its a bit beyond my skillset. There is a different ambient light mod which sets a minimum ambient light level (but doesn't oversaturate in brighter scenes) - you may want to try that one?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.