Triskelion Station Mk. II

Saltpeter

These should be separate crafts. Your permanent satellite and your lander should be two entirely different things. Even if they come on the same trip, the probe should split from the main system and remain in orbit where it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, real life got in the way again. It's gonna be slow for a while.

I'm still trying to get girka's update to the welding mod to work. If all else fails, I will use my superlag platforms and endure the framerate for the mission's sake. I will not abandon the floating Laythe base.

I give up. It's time to press on with my superlag platforms.

I am also making a change to the mission. Ever since the welding mod broke, I've been experimenting with super-efficient science probe designs. I have since gotten orbital science from every body in the kerbolar system, and no longer require the science probes in this mission. The CKC will still be delivered to the Triskelion, but I will not bring science probes.

To reiterate:

Joolian Fuel Economy/Floating Base on Laythe

Part 1:

1. Establish a floating base off the coast of any Laythan island with crew capacity of 3, science tools, a kethane mining/processing plant, and the ability to move across the surface of the ocean.

2. Deliver an amphibious vehicle to Laythe for land exploration.

3. Establish kethane mining operations on Bop and/or Pol. Scan Vall for kethane deposits. Briefly consider trying to land a CKC on Vall and change mind.

4. Transfer from Jool to Eeloo and collect science.

5. Return to Jool and deliver a kerbal to the floating base for permanent residence.

Edited by Saltpeter

The CKC has docked with the Triskelion and deactivated its torque. The sight of the completed construct is so grand and magnificent that the game refuses to take a screenshot of it. Calbart Kerman, our trusty jet pilot from the second mission, is joining the crew as the pilot of the CKC! One of the CKC's kethane probes was released to open the port for docking with the Triskelion. It will be the Kerbin probe!

It's time to set off for Jool!

After watching the CKC wobble uncomfortably, It was decided that it will not hitch a ride on the Triskelion for Jool. Calbart will bring the CKC over to Hexaflexagon station and standby for further instructions. Screenshots will certainly be available once that is done.

Might I suggest installing the new B9 mod out just a few days ago? It's got a huge overhaul, including a lot of great parts like large panels and gigantic wings (some square), that would really help make for a better experience in trying to make a large water platform. Most parts have several versions you can access with the right-click menu. B9 installation instructions advise a mod called Advanced Texture Manager, which I also recommend.

Here's what I mean about bigger-better panels

BkZbWvk.png

Glad to see you back, but as always, real life does take precedence, so don't worry about us in the Kerbal world when more important things are going on.

Edited by Camaron

• 4 months later...

Sorry about disappearing again. Real life has kind of been a thing lately, so I haven't had a chance to put the Triskelion or KSP in general at the top of my list. The framerate of space near the Triskelion is heartbreaking, and I've kind of lost my interest in giant generation ships. I will be starting a new project in the same universe as the Triskelion, focusing on ultra-light, single-purpose, single-launch vehicles. Hexaflexagon Station will make an appearance as a refueling platform. It may be a while before my first mission report, so bear with me. I will make a new thread about it when I do. As for now, the Triskelion project is closed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.