Mobile Gundam Suits (MRK V kOS Footage)

How did you make the Beam Saber? That's the only part I want from it, can you make one that's green though? I want it to look more like a Kerbal Gundam sword.

Here is the thread I have about creating laser weapons. I had a download for just the saber but I guess it timed out. I need to switch to a different hosting site so my links don't get deleted after time.

When I get home I'll re-upload it. I could make you a green one too. Wouldn't take long

Edited by clown_baby

Do you think your next project could be Gurren Lagann?

It would be manliness times infinity

Haha I had to look up what that was. I'm actually not a huge anime fan, I just find Gundams are challenging to design. I don't really try and build a specific Gundam, just humanoid mechs, which your Gurren Lagann falls under.

Speaking of the MRK III Gundam, it's all done. I'm just waiting for some bugs to get worked out of tweakscale. But I might release it on the .44 plugin.

I started redesigning the main thread, it's looking much better already.

Edited by clown_baby

Have you thought about making the beam saber a souped up, infinite fuel Sepratron? So all damage is caused by part overheating, the saber blade is the exaust plume, and so on?

Thats beyond me dude. Is that something you think you could do? Also the download link for the beam saber is back up.

Conversation on the beam saber can happen here

Download link in the OP and right here

Edited by clown_baby

Thanks man, you're awesome. Love those Gundam suits by the way, they're pretty awesome, much better than my attempt at mech suits, which usually have one leg spinning faster than the other.

Thanks I tried making a green one for you. But it kind of looked yellow. It is gonna take longer than I thought, but I'll try again.

Also I'm going to see about getting it to work with tweakscale. For now to change the size go into the .cfg and play with the "scale =" & "rescaleFactor =" to change the size. The numbers must be the same.

Also thanks for the compliment. They will just keep getting better too. I think they look enough like the real thing, but I want them to operate perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gundam MRK IVc Alpha

This is the Alpha release for my MRK IVc Gundam. The c variant is intended for use by the Air Force, and is built to be formidable in Air-to-Air Combat.

This version is Alpha, and as you can see from the videos, works just fine, but is far from perfect. It relies heavily on SAS to control the craft while airborn, and since BD Autopilot doesn't use SAS, it can't control the craft.

For the Beta version I am removing the SAS, and stripping the Gundam down and rebuilding it piece by piece ensuring the AI can pilot it after each piece. Right now the Autopilot can fly it, but it is missing vital components.

Since this may take a while, I'm releasing this alpha version. Please remember it is far from finished.

***Tweakscale doesn't work in sketchfab***

[cb_co] Gundam IVc Alpha Model 4 by clown_baby on Sketchfab

Required Mods:

I suggest a fresh copy of KSP for Gundam at/Development.

-Infernal Robotics & IR Rework. (I only use one part from the rework, everything else can be deleted)

-Tweakscale

-Included cb_co Folder (Contains 11 fixed parts from the b9 Mod, all credit to OG developer)

-BDArmory (Optional)

Flight Tips

-Select control from here on the unit behind the head.

-SAS on

Action Keys

1) Activate all engines

2) Unlock shoulders (Experimental, this will allow the engines to move with W and S)

3) Move shoulders center

4) Move engines into storage position

5) Move engines into flying position

6) Fire

7) Move weapons into standing position

8) Move weapons into flying position

9) Left leg flairs

0) Right leg flairs

RCS) Toggle beam saber

Download:

Gundam MRK IVc Alpha (Contains Armed and Unarmed craft)

Edited by clown_baby

• 3 weeks later...
Where IS the download?I cant find it in the beam saber thing you posted :(

There is none currently. This was almost done then my old computer died and I lost everything.

I'll rebuild it soon. It won't take long to build, problem is I lost the feet I built. Those took a while to do.

I sent crafts out to a few people. Hopefully one of those guys still has the craft and foot part

There is none currently. This was almost done then my old computer died and I lost everything.

I'll rebuild it soon. It won't take long to build, problem is I lost the feet I built. Those took a while to do.

I sent crafts out to a few people. Hopefully one of those guys still has the craft and foot part

Okay,also I think the guy who built gipsy was SW Dennis,you can find him on YT. :)

• 2 weeks later...

mlDAbUk.png

Rebuilding for the first time since .24. B9 is broken so I'm having to fix the nodes for all the parts I need. It's extra annoying. The new tweak tools make life way easier though. Looking for anyone who knows how to write code for the robotics.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really have time to learn how to use these mods but I can build the Gundam. That's why I'm looking for someone who knows how to do it. The MRK I was essentially a flying statue and it got 333,000 views. I think a fully functioning one could really be famous.

Anyway, it's good to see this guy again, it's been a while. It seems more stable than ever before on the runway.

VVROehq.png

Haha also sketchfab doesn't like tweakscale.

Gundam by clown_baby on Sketchfab

Edited by clown_baby

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really have time to learn how to use these mods but I can build the Gundam. That's why I'm looking for someone who knows how to do it. The MRK I was essentially a flying statue and it got 333,000 views. I think a fully functioning one could really be famous.

IR Sequencer is very easy to use, but anyway, once the rebuild will be done share the craft file, I'll see what I can do to make it move. :D

what version/mods are you using?

Ksp 1.04, Infernal Robotics w/ tweakscale & the IR rework. I'll release a version with only the "stock" IR parts though.

Also B9, which I've fixed the parts I need.

IR Sequencer is very easy to use, but anyway, once the rebuild will be done share the craft file, I'll see what I can do to make it move. :D

Will do, the feet are the main problem. I built custom ones before because they need to have friction with the ground else it's like trying to walk on ice.

Edited by clown_baby

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an alpha done, but I'm focused on my aircraft right now. So I figured I'd release this for anyone who wants to check it out or take a crack at trying to make it walk. It has ankles, knees, hips, and a waist that all have robotics, they just need to be tuned.

The first folder has the Gundam with stock feet. These have very little friction with the ground however. The custom feet are coded like landing gear, which means they have more friction with the ground. If you want the custom feet, you must also install the second download that contains the feet & craft.

Feel free to tweak the legs however you want to try and make it walk. If you can accomplish anything I will make sure you get tons of credit when it's done.

8k9sIZ2.png?1

1fCi0JF.png

hxwNbHy.png

Sketchfab can't handle tweakscale. The shoulder robotics and legs are messed up.

[cb_co] Gundam Alpha by clown_baby on Sketchfab

Mods Needed:

I suggest creating a fresh KSP for Gundam development

Tweakscale

Infernal Robotics

cb_co folder (Includes 11 B9 parts that I've fixed the nodes for. Obviously I didn't make the models, all credit goes to the B9 developer)

Downloads:

[cb_co] MRK III Gundam Alpha

[cb_co] MRK III Gundam with custom feet

*** Huge thanks to radmp41 for hooking me up with the feet after my computer died. Without him I would have had to redesign them from scratch. Dude's a lifesafer***

If you do download the alpha, let me know what you think, and feel free to post walking progress to the thread.

Thanks for checking it out.

cb

Edited by clown_baby

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.