[1.0.5] Kip Engineering: All Docking Ports updated for 1.0.5! (11th Nov 2015)

CaptainKipard

nqppZ4u.png

Thanks to everyone who helped with the making of these by sharing their modding experience and hard work.

All parts released under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license

-----------------------------------------------------------

== Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set ==

An early set of docking ports that only work with the opposite gender and only when aligned.

Important

• Adaptive Docking Node has been made redundant! The parts have been updated for 1.0.5
  • Remember these parts dock only when aligned so plan your craft carefully

Version 0.9.2 Features:

• 1.25m docking port set.
  • The active part will only dock to the passive part, and vice versa.
  • The parts will only dock if the blue indicators are aligned.
  • Integrated light for easy docking.
  • Available from Advanced Construction, which is before the stock docking ports.
  • Compatible with Connected Living Space. Passable

Download Non-Androgynous Docking Ports from Mediafire

Dependencies

• None

Optional

Usage:

The Non-Androgynous Docking Ports work the same way a regular docking port would, with the following exceptions.

The Non-Androgynous Docking Ports only work when paired with the opposite gender of the same docking port. This set of docking ports will only work with eachother.

Additionally these docking ports will only dock if aligned so that the blue arrows on the parts line up.

They are available earlier in the tech tree to allow players to create small space stations and orbit rendezvous mission earlier.

== Universal Docking Ports ==

A set of Universal Docking Ports designed for space tugs.

Important

• Adaptive Docking Node has been made redundant! The parts have been updated for 1.0.5

Version 1.1.1 Features:

• 1.25m Port can attach to 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports and all other Universal Docking Ports
  • 2.5m Port can attach to 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, all other Universal Docking Ports
  • 3.75m Port can attach to 3.75, 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, and all other Universal Docking Ports
  • Forward facing light for easy docking
  • Compatible with Connected Living Space. Impassable

Download Universal Docking Ports from Mediafire

Dependencies

• None

Optional

Usage:

The Universal Docking Ports work the same way a regular docking port would with the exception that they can attach to some other sizes as described in "Features".

I made all the docking ports impassable because I think it's most realistic that way. If you use the CLS mod, and you'd like to make these parts passable, then open the config file and change all the "passable" variables from "false" to "true".

== Low Profile Structural Hub Set ==

This is intended for stations and bases allowing players to launch narrower sections into orbit. Should be helpful especially if you use FAR.

Important

Version 2.2 Features:

• Sizes: 2.5m and 1.25m, and one 3.75m
  • Variants: 6-way, X, T, L, I, Three angled sections, and one XL Hexagonal hub
  • "Connected Living Space" compatible
  • Life support patches included for IFILS, TACLS, ECLSS, and Snacks. (requires Module Manager). Thanks LitaAlto.

Download Low Profile Structural Hub Set from Mediafire

Dependencies

• None

Optional

Usage:

Due to a KSP limitation some of the parts can only be attached to other parts by specific nodes. To use the other nodes you need to attach the part by the available node then use the Re-root tool to rearrange your parts. - This KSP bug has been fixed. Feel free to use the parts as you see fit.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

nice been looking for something like this for a while

Me too. :) A while ago I asked udk_lethal_d0se for a similar version of his 2.5m hub from his Large Structural/Station Components, but he never got back to me. Now he's busy studying, so it turned out to be quicker making it myself.

Anyway I'm glad people like it.

Great work, ive been looking for this!

Is there any chance for a white version? They dont realy fit with the Lab or other stock parts...

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. I think i'll just change it completely instead of having a second option.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Alright I'm dealing with the requests. Right now I'm having trouble implementing Firespitters texture switcher. If anyone knows how to do it go here and help, otherwise I'll just have to release a simple part with an optional texture that players have to overwrite manually.

I got it working after all.

Important

Version 1.01 is NOT compatible with the initial release. You can have the old parts and new parts together if you simply merge the folders, but the old files will not take advantage of the new changes. I recommend you remove all the craft, which use the old parts, then delete the old parts and install the new parts.

Changes:
- Added compatibility for Connected Living Space
- Added Firespitter Texture Switcher capability
- Added a brighter texture and made it the default
- Made the darker texture optional
- Minor texture changes
- Minor mesh fix to work around z-buffer issues when other parts are attached
- Changed part names and file names (INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE INITIAL RELEASE!)

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Yes you might. In fact I've thought about it, but now that a player has requested it I actually have a reason to do it :)

I can think of more possibilities but none of them are symmetrical. Which reminds me, I need to offset the COM of the T hub, because it's unrealistic to have it right in the center.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Lol, thanks. I wanted to ask as passively as possible as I get sick of reading threads with people badgering the heck out of mod authors. Just love the octagonal shapes of the part.

NP

This look great - congratulations! I am also really pleased to see that you have made it compatible with CLS. I will add a link from the CLS thread.

Thanks! :D

No problem. Let me just say @Elthy and everyone else that the newest textures actually fit with the stock colour scheme. The ones in the previous version were too creamy.

Now, time for the next mod.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

These are so cool. Love that I can use fewer parts on my stations. Could you next take on some actual station parts to go with these? Like maybe add some solar panels or things that stock KSP is lacking to make compact low part count space stations?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.