[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

Version 2.2

Download here.

-Fix Smartpart Radio (OtherVessel class)

-Fix Default Action Groups mod compatibilty.

-Revise Kerbal boarding methods so hopefully they are not considered sub-vessels any more.

Feedback request: KSP 1.2.2 appears to change something in how the stock Action Group Editor panels work in the VAB/SPH. On my machine KSP locks up for 3 to 4 seconds to process the hiding of these panels the first time you do so in a game session. Do other people see this delay as well when they switch to action group editing mode? Is it also only the first time in a game session?

@santiagokof This pushes the changes in the .dll file I linked a few days ago to official, no further changes for that issue was needed.

@Johnny2000 AGX should now work with the Default Actions Groups mod.

@Deimos Rast I've tried another method for the Kerbal reboarding issue, but I've never been able to replicate so I'll have to ask you to see how it goes.

Happy KSPing all.

D.

• 1 month later...

Any way with AGX to set the 'thrust limiter' of an RCS port with a hotkey? Would be nice for fine adjustments to automatically scale the thrust so I when i press a key I don't end up overshooting. In 10x scale kerbin tiny adjustments are necessary to get in nice and close to, say, Minmus.

Own its own it does not.

However, if you grab my other mod called 'ModActions' it has the ability to add new actions to parts, including the ability to set RCS thrust limits.

Once those actions are added to the part through ModActions, you can then add them to an action group with AGX the same as any other action.

D.

@Diazo

Came across a problem with AGX throwing errors at me and not showing any action groups I had assigned.

[LOG 14:21:18.329] AGX Flight Load Vessel GUI Delay error 7g1 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.LoadGUIDataAfterDelay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

After a bit of searching led me to this

Is this still a problem with SSTU/AGX/Procedural Fairings? 

Logs just incase

KSP Log  and  Output Log

Edit: With a little bit of searching I found its isolated down to the SSTU Fairing Base when using Procedural Fairings. The PF base works fine. Pinging @Shadowmage  instead of cross posting

Edited by rakol
Added Info

Yes, it`s a problem with the Proceduralfairings.cfg of SSTU. I have checked out a few things and made a working .cfg. Now I have no errors with SSTU and AGX. I`m not a programmer so the .cfg is made with copy&paste. But it works for me.:)

Not sure the exact config change you used @Cheesecake, but the fix I can apply from my end changes AGX's module manager config.

If anyone else is having this issue, if you go to GameData\Diazo\AGExt\part.cfg and change it's contents to:

@PART[*]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGX
}
}

That will resolve this. The only change is adding the ":FINAL" in the first line.

This change will be included in AGX's next update, but that is a ways off.

Happy KSPing all.

D.

Edited by Diazo

On 1/22/2017 at 7:54 PM, Diazo said:

Own its own it does not.

However, if you grab my other mod called 'ModActions' it has the ability to add new actions to parts, including the ability to set RCS thrust limits.

Once those actions are added to the part through ModActions, you can then add them to an action group with AGX the same as any other action.

D.

Booyah. I had it installed but had no idea how it worked! Thanks :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to support RT's delay feature?  For instance, I want to shut down my antenna for 1 day because it causes a drain on my batteries.  RT lets me add a delay to my actions, but it seems that Action Groups Extended uses it's own queueing mechanism, and doesn't respect the delay I've put in RT.  Thus, there's no way to deactivate my antenna, and then set it to active a day later without using the "Bypass RemoteTech" setting.

Which method are you using to queue the action?

Are you queuing the Action by pressing the key on the keyboard and causing the action to show in the RT Queued Actions windows? Then this behavior is as designed for this mode as those actions are direct control actions where the delay is transmission delay where you activate the action group in the control center on Kerbin and if there is no signal when the delay time expires, the command never reaches the craft.

Now, their is another mode where you can queue the action in RT's flight computer. On the right side of AGX's RT Queue Window is a textbox. Enter the action group number you want to activate after the 1 day delay in the text box, then select the activation method (Toggle is typical). This will cause an AGX Action to show in RT's flight computer. Then using the Flight Computer interface ,set the delay on this action to 1 day. After the delay, RT will pass the action back to AGX and it will activate the group without checking for a connection first.

Now, the wildcard in all this is the new Commnet in stock. RT is undergoing some pretty big changes due to this and I haven't checked to make sure AGX still works correctly with RT's most recent versions yet.

Let me know if that other activation method works for you, it is the intended method for what you are trying to do.

D.

I have been using this for a few days now....and I like it very much.  But I am experiencing a problem, which might just be me getting used to it.

So, I have this lander ship and I have set up three action groups for radiators and drills.  And, when I clear the edit windows, I still have the box showing me the three action groups and they all work great..

But, if I exit KSP and restart, the action groups are now missing.  I have to create them again

I couldn't figure a way to attach output_log.txt to this post, so https://www.dropbox.com/s/yy1gnkyl9dhslqn/output_log.txt?dl=0

I am doing something wrong, but what?

Any suggestions would really be appreciated...thanks in advance. :)

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part this mod seems to add more action groups than would be needed by most vessels. I was wondering instead of using a fixed number of custom action groups why not add buttons to the menu allowing the user to Add / Delete action groups as needed instead of just show/hide unused? thus removing the clutter and possibly the upper limit as well ?

Edited by Mikeloeven

That is a legacy of the fact that the original concept for this mod way back when was to add a lot more actions for people who were building sim pits, it wasn't to add a "few more groups for complicated vessels" it was "add dozens of groups for those big complicated sim pits" and the UI design reflects that.

Since this mod is the only mod (that I am aware of) that adds more action groups, it also became the "few more action groups for complicated vessels" mod as well, but that was a later development.

Anyways, I'm currently redoing the entire mod to move to the new UI system so I'm thinking about tweaking the UI to reduce the size on screen, including showing fewer groups at once, but it's going to stay generally the same as it currently is.

Due to how actions get assigned and all the other information tied to a group, add/removing action groups as needed is not something that's going to happen.

Rather, I'll probably make it so you can configure how many groups show at once (probably in multiples of 10), rather then the hardcoded 50 groups that show now.

D.

Edited by Diazo

I apologize if i'm requesting an old feature, but here it goes : is it possible to add arrangement of action groups in editor/flight ?

It may be needed when player defines one cluster of several actions and goes on the next one, but forgets to arrange them in order.

Useful for crafts with complex functionality needing a lot of action groups, in those cases having logically arranged groups helps (for example action groups match staging or mission waypoints or ... you get the idea :) )

Arrangment operations could be :

- move group (move to empty slot)

- swap groups (exchange actions between slots)

It can immensely speed up finalizing craft design process.

Hmmm, never actually had a request to move groups before. At first glance, I'm not sure about it. What should move?

Do only the actions move? The keybind? The group name?

Now, what is in the mod is visibility. you can show/hide action groups.

In the main window are the little green 1 through 5 buttons. Those are on/off (green/red) buttons that control when a group shows.

Then when in flight, the top right button of the flight window, "Group1" by default, controls which visibility setting is applied.

So you could have liftoff groups in visibility setting 1 (1 is green, rest red), orbital maneuver stuff in 2 (2 is green, rest red).

Then on the launchpad it applies visibility 1 by default, then once you reach orbit you change it to visibility 2.

As indicated by the 1-5 buttons, there are 5 visibility settings and they are saved on a per-vessel basis.

D.

Sorry for not posting sooner.

To clarify  : move entire group.

Example :

First group named "engine cluster" for firing multiple types of engines (or special engine arrangements).

Second group "reactors online" for switching nuclear cores.

Third group "transfer boosters" for SRB cluster for interplanetary transfers.

Player may define them in "wrong" order and needs to swap them after already placing all required actions into slots (between 1 and 250).

Since all work is already done, re-doing all actions into correct slots again by hand should be avoided by using "move group" and "swap group".

Thanks for the 1-5 visibility button explanation, i used this plugin for so long and never bothered to RTFM, sorry about that. I think this feature will indeed cover nearly all of the above problems.

And while i'm here, another two bug-like reports :

1. Very wide stock toolbar overlapped with stock action group display disables access to toolbar buttons.

To elaborate : i have clicked AGX app button by accident, replacing AGX UI with stock. The stock action group UI is full height overlap of editor window, partically covering the stock toolbar. This causes user to loose access to those buttons. BUT, in case of AGX, this means that new UI won't be accessible once player switches to stock UI.

Solutions : one is to manually edit plugin config to set editor = 1 and other is to bypass the problem entirely but installing Blizzy's toolbar and controlling AGX UI switch from there.

2. Editing text in AGX UI window that overlaps with staging column causes stage icons to hang, get stuck and persist on all screens (editor, space center, map, flight) during game session.

To elaborate :

- Drag  AGX UI window titled "AGExt Selected parts : xxx" over staging column, making sure input textbox overlaps with staging icon

- Click down and drag inside textbox with stage icon below. Underlying stage icon(s) will receive the mouse click

- Move mouse to cause stage icon to move outside staging column

-Release button and icon(s) will follow vertical mouse position

-While icons are outside staging column, single mouse click will get them stuck in that position

Stuck icons are visible in both editors, space center, tracking station and flight

I also had inconsistent repeatibility of dragging staging icons and deleting them entirely. There was no way to restore icon (sans reloading the craft).

Solution : restrict window positioning to exclude staging column.

@fatcargo One of my long term goals is to actually make a decent manual for this mod, everything has been added in piece meal and the first post in this thread doesn't cut it anymore.

It's being put off until the next major update because I'm redoing the UI to move it to the new UI system implemented in KSP 1.0 and everything is going to look different then, although I'm trying to keep the usability the same.

As for your reported issues, they should be fixed in the next update as I'm redoing the entire UI so the issues you reported will be running under entirely new code and hopefully they will be fixed. If they aren't I will look into them at that time.

(Can I get a screenshot of the overlapping toolbar button though? Not 100% what you are describing.)

Unfortunately, I have no ETA on the new version, I'm moving to a new house at the end of March and my KSP modding time for the next while is going to be limited at best.

D.

Wow, umm, that is strange.

The overlap must be tripping something in the stock button code, I don't deliberately interact with the staging buttons in any way so I don't even know where to start guessing as to what is causing that.

However, since the new version uses the new UI, and so totally different code, hopefully it won't be an issue any more once I can get it out.

D.

I tend to use a standard setup for all ships, for example "Solar Panels" are always 1, Jettison Fairings is always 50, etc... Is there any way to universally pre-label the action groups and set the Vis state and show: 1,2,3,4,5.

My thought is to create a new ship, and then in the editor, click the "1: Solar Panels" button and assign appropriately, then click "2: Communications" button and assign parts appropriately, etc...

This would be a great time saver any time a create a new ship.

Thanks Diazo, for all the work that you put into this mod! It's a must-have for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.