[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

While it looks like things work on the recompile, note that I have to rework the mod to use the new ExtendedKeyCode class before I can push the official release so it will still be a day or two before that update.

D.

Work went sideways earlier on me today, going to be offline for the next week to 10 days.

If someone wants to post their recompiled version I have no problem with it, looking at 2 weeks before I can get the official update out.

D.

Does this mod allow the use of action groups while in map view? Does anyone know if there is a way at all to trigger action groups via keyboard in map view? I need this for shutting down engines that still produce thrust at zero throttle.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:03 PM, Errol said:

Does this mod allow the use of action groups while in map view? Does anyone know if there is a way at all to trigger action groups via keyboard in map view? I need this for shutting down engines that still produce thrust at zero throttle.

I've not tested if it still picks up keystrokes but the UI does appear in the Map view, so the buttons to trigger any assigned actions are at least there

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 6/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, Denko666 said:

quick recompile against KSP 1.3 libraries: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqch87gpj26zvav/AAD_wZ-yFOFNBpRllpzFOjDua?dl=0

it has some graphical issues, but it seems functional soz, woks, but it doesn't save the config.

my recompile works 100% as well as the release version did in 1.2.2.  I didn't change anything, just added the right resources to find Unity and the other DLL, and told VS to 'build solution' ... this was using Visual Studio 2017 community edition.  Saves the configs just fine for me.

Installed by just installing the 1.2.2 version and replacing the DLL with my newly-compiled one.

29 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

my recompile works 100% as well as the release version did in 1.2.2.  I didn't change anything, just added the right resources to find Unity and the other DLL, and told VS to 'build solution' ... this was using Visual Studio 2017 community edition.  Saves the configs just fine for me.

Installed by just installing the 1.2.2 version and replacing the DLL with my newly-compiled one.

any chance you can share?  it would be greatly appreciated 

NINJA'D lol

Edited by BrutalRIP

4 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

any chance you can share?  it would be greatly appreciated 

NINJA'D lol

Yes, pls share link. I do not have the compiler and do not have a clue where to find the ksp and unity DLL's of which you speak.  I just like to explode things in the game not become a mod programmer (smile).

My AGExt.dll :: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbvfdtjyhyr63au/AGExt.dll?dl=0

Just install the 1.2.2 version, then replace the AGExt.dll file with the downloaded one.  Works for me at least.  May require 64-bit KSP since I linked against the 64-bit Unity/CSharp libraries, but really who uses 32-bit anymore, right?

2 hours ago, ctbram said:

Yes, pls share link. I do not have the compiler and do not have a clue where to find the ksp and unity DLL's of which you speak.  I just like to explode things in the game not become a mod programmer (smile).

Visual Studio 2017 community edition is a free download from www.microsoft.com

The Unity/other DLLs are in your KSP_x64_Data/ folder in your main KSP install.  No additional downloads required.  Just add those DLLs as 'resources' in visual studio after opening the solution .sln file.  If you need details on any of that, there are numerous tutorials out there which are at least mostly easy to follow :)

However you can just use the DLL above.  if you want to compile/recompile other mods though, those are the instructions for doing so.

Edited by ss8913

22 hours ago, ss8913 said:

My AGExt.dll :: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbvfdtjyhyr63au/AGExt.dll?dl=0

Just install the 1.2.2 version, then replace the AGExt.dll file with the downloaded one.  Works for me at least.  May require 64-bit KSP since I linked against the 64-bit Unity/CSharp libraries, but really who uses 32-bit anymore, right?

Visual Studio 2017 community edition is a free download from www.microsoft.com

The Unity/other DLLs are in your KSP_x64_Data/ folder in your main KSP install.  No additional downloads required.  Just add those DLLs as 'resources' in visual studio after opening the solution .sln file.  If you need details on any of that, there are numerous tutorials out there which are at least mostly easy to follow :)

However you can just use the DLL above.  if you want to compile/recompile other mods though, those are the instructions for doing so.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share with us :cool:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hy, anyone had any interaction problems while using both Smart Parts and Action Groups Extended? 
Smart Parts was working perfectly until I installed AGE then I had problem with SP and I couldn't make use of AGE as well. Uninstalled AGE and SP is working ok again.

5 hours ago, felcas said:

Hy, anyone had any interaction problems while using both Smart Parts and Action Groups Extended? 
Smart Parts was working perfectly until I installed AGE then I had problem with SP and I couldn't make use of AGE as well. Uninstalled AGE and SP is working ok again.

Did you install the updated DLL?

• 4 weeks later...

I've tested KSP 1.2.2 AGExt with the KSP 1.3.0 .dll.  Everything works in the editors (I tested in the SPH) but the descriptions entered in the editors don't show up in flight, but are still there when back in the editors.  As well, even with a keycode programmed, pressing the key doesn't trigger the action group in flight.  Only pressing the button on the AGExt window in flight triggers the action group.

As well, has the usually problems with intermittent ignorance of the Esc key, mouse-clicks, and interface elements.  Malah's QuickGoTo is a good fix for them, with going to the Space Centre usually the best, followed by going to R&D.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170824f-AGExt-KSP130-no_flt_desc-no_keypress_resp.7z

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.