[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

Everything seems to be working fine in 1.1.2. Sorry I don't have some game breaking bug to report;.;. In fact, the EVA kerbals docking issue seems to have quietly resolved itself, so it was probably a mod conflict on my end, as I've changed my install significantly since then. The only bug I can report is that when you Alt+F2 to hide the UI, your action group list doesn't hide. Ruining some quality shots man!:D

Cheers.

Good to hear things are functioning.

KSP 1.1 changed how my GUI hooks into the game, I'll look into how to hide the UI automatically, but you can do it manually by left clicking the AGX icon for now.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

What?

PulginData is the old plugins directory from the KSP 0.20 days, it was replaced by GameData when Squad reorganized how add-on parts and mods were going to work.

D.

1 hour ago, Diazo said:

What?

PulginData is the old plugins directory from the KSP 0.20 days, it was replaced by GameData when Squad reorganized how add-on parts and mods were going to work.

D.

They mean the mod-specific PluginData directories.  Any subdirectory named "PluginData" under GameData (most commonly "GameData/<mod dir>/PluginData/" or "GameData/<mod dir>/Plugin/PluginData/" ) is not scanned by Squad and will only be accessed by a mod that deliberately paths to it, usually just the mod that includes it.

Edited by Jacke

Hi

I see a lot of exceptions in my log from AGX.

Spoiler
[LOG 22:45:20.364] AGX Flight Update Error 7g1 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The exception is raised when i use the keyboard to switch from a vessel to another and the other one is a flag, and stops when i switch to the next one.

Ya, flags both are and aren't vessels, I'll have to add an exception for them similar to what Kerbals already have.

Should not impact gameplay once you switch away from the flag and the exceptions stop spamming the log.

D.

Version 2.0a

Download here.

-Show/Hide windows on F2 key to match the rest of the UI.

-Fix settings file so it no longer voids ModuleManagers cache every load.

-Fix NullRef error when a Flag is the focus vessel.

The settings file for ModuleManager is the big thing this patch. Note that if you have a custom MM patch of your own that modifies AGX's settings, that will break and you'll have to get in touch with me so we can work things out. (Only one mod every asked for this and I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued though.)

Happy KSPing

D.

@Diazo

Bad news chief: I've started getting the EVA Kerbal issue again I reported earlier. The one where reentering the pod from EVA is akin to docking/undocking vessels and you have to "Edit Actions > Next Vessel" to restore your Action Groups. I'll get a log to you in a second, from a "relatively" clean install. Not sure what's changed, but it is a lot rarer now than previously (when it was 100%).

Cheers.

--Edit--

Log here. Note: not with the latest 2.0b version.

Edited by Deimos Rast

@Deimos Rast Can you point out which EVA did it?

Looking at that log, I see a loading the vessel to the pad, going EVA on the pad for science, boarding back on the vessel, launching and flying for a bit, then reverting to the pad. After reverting I see an immediate launch followed by some flying, but the next EVA is in the KerbinFlyingLow biome, followed very quickly by a reboarding of the vessel, then the log cuts off. (I assume you killed the game here.)

I don't see any AGExt errors so I'm going to have to grab a couple of the mods you have installed and test, this is looking like it's a mod conflict.

D.

Edited by Diazo

There were no errors from AGExt (according to Exception Dector at least). It should be the EVA right at the end, Valentina Kerman. Looking at it now, this line below makes me suspicious. KRnD is a mod that allows you to upgrade your parts with science points. The only other possibility is ForScience, as those are the only two mods that I see interacting with Valentina and her vessel.

Also, I tried the newest version, 2.0b, and...does it respect the career override fully? I'm at a level 1 VAB, but it was working previously till I upgraded the mod. I kept the settings file, and I have it set to equals 1, but I seem to have lost the ability to set Action Groups to more than just the default action groups (Abort, Stage, Lights, etc). The 250 customs your mod adds are absent.

Cheers.

[KRnD] updating vessel 'Valentina Kerman'
[KRnD] updating vessel 'Tourism 01'

@Deimos Rast I can't find any issues with the Career Override on my install.

If you can replicate this, can you quit the game normally (exit to space center, main menu, then quit) and check what the Override Career value is in the AGExt.settings file please? (There is no more AGExt.cfg file as of version 2.0a.)

On the Kerbal EVA issue, I'm also going to look into the KerbFit mod, it was throwing errors that didn't seem relevant, but you never know.

D.

Oh, well that would explain it. I assumed it was still the .cfg that stored the settings and I never changed the new file. Oops. Maybe I'm at a level 2 VAB then afterall.

I'm assuming you mean KeepFit; it should basically just be keeping track of g forces as applied to crew over the long term, but I'll look into it. I do remember see some NaN's in the log I don't remember what caused them, but it seemed unrelated to EVAing.

Thanks again.

@Deimos Rast When you first updated to 2.0a (or newer), it was supposed to automatically copy over your settings from the AGExt.cfg file to the AGExt.settings file. However it looks like something went screwy with that on Linux. I don't have access to a Linux box so I can only test Windows and it looks like the file operations may be different.

On the EVA thing, can you try this AGExt.dll file please?

It adds a check on Kerbal reboarding that should prevent the issue you are seeing. This assumes that the Kerbal is the actual issue however, if the issue is a mod changing vessel settings on a docking operation that only happens when it's a Kerbal as one of the vessels docking, the issue may still exist.

D.

Edited by Diazo

Will do. Loading up now. Might be a bit, as it doesn't always trigger 100%, I don't think, but I have a few vessels in orbit to try it on.

I never saw that you released 2.0a, so I don't think I ever updated to it; I was still running 2.0.

FYI: your part patch should probably have a :FOR[AGExt], no? I believe that any patch that doesn't have a FOR or NEEDS is considered "Legacy" by MM and they're trying to steer people away from that. Don't ask me why, I just see the MM people complain about it a lot. Also, I think :Final should probably be :FINAL, but that might not actually matter, although you'll get grief for using FINAL at all as well (not a "best practice" or something). Could substitute it for something like :FOR[zzz_AGExt] probably (as that should force MM to wait till near the end to apply it). I'm not the greatest with MM, but that's what I've seen other mods do.

---edit----

@Diazo

I did half a dozen EVA/reboards with Jeb under the same conditions, triggering ForScience and KRnD each time, and it went fine. Not a huge sample size (game crashed before I could test a second craft; issue is unrelated to present one), but it's something. Also, I "fixed" the non-problem I was having with the missing 250 action groups. Thanks.

--edit2----

Tried on a second vessel a dozen times, and it again worked flawlessly.:)

---edit3---

Maybe my comment about career overrides was in fact accurate. Although it was set to Override = 0, I still had partial AGExt capability (access to basic action groups), even at a VAB level 1. I thought it went: No AG/AGExt (Lvl1) > Basic AG/AGExt (Lvl2) > Custom AG10/AGExt250 (Lvl3)? Whatever. It might be because I also had the old .cfg file in the folder as well, which did  have a Override = 1; only thing I can think of.

Edited by Deimos Rast

Okay, now I'm unclear as to what is happening on the available action groups.

First, there should no longer be an AGExt.cfg file present, it has been replaced by the AGExt.settings file. If an AGExt.cfg file is present, AGExt will try to rename it to AGExt.settings to keep your saved settings from the older version. This means that if for some reason both AGExt.cfg and AGExt.settings are present, it will load AGExt.cfg, use those settings, then overwrite the AGExt.settings file with the values from the AGExt.cfg file. After this is will delete the AGExt.cfg file so it uses the AGExt.settings file the next time you load the game.

Next, on the actions groups, what is supposed to happen in the editor is for the available action groups to match stock if Override is set to 0. If Override is set to 1, all action groups should be available at all times.

So with Override set to zero, at VAB/SPH level 1, no action groups are available in the editor. At level 2, just the named groups and at level 3 all groups are available.

The wildcard is flight mode because there is no facility level I check the level of both buildings and use the highest. So if the VAB is level 1 (no groups available) and the SPH is level 2 (named groups available), named groups will be available to all vessels in flight mode, even rockets launched from the VAB.

Once a vessel is launched I have no way of telling if it came from the VAB or the SPH so I just use the highest unlocked level of either building.

Hope that clears some things up.

D.

This mod is amazing, I just want to thank ya for it.

I play realism overhaul and the focus at the moment is on building a replica of the International Space Station using a replica of the Space Shuttle including robotic arm (5 joints with each joint having at least 2 range of movements) There is at least 20 essential keyboard shortcuts necessary to drive the arm with any comfort so action groups extended is an absolute godsend.

There is something amazingly appealing about building a replica of the ISS the old fashioned way as was done by NASA and ya just gotta have access to more than 9 keyboard shortcuts, right, Squad?  ^_^

Good news, bad new boss.

Good news: I'm getting a new kitten.:lol:

Bad news: EVA boarding bug is back and it most definitely is a mod conflict as I just pumped more mods into my install just prior to getting it again (these are the ones I used to run before). It's now 100% of the time, with 2.0b. I still have my old log and I'm going to compare it with a new log and see which mods are the likely offenders. Don't do anything drastic! Might take a little bit, 'cuz....kitten (but I seem to be the only one with this problem anyway) ^_^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.