[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

On 5/30/2016 at 10:26 PM, Diazo said:

Okay, now I'm unclear as to what is happening on the available action groups.

First, there should no longer be an AGExt.cfg file present, it has been replaced by the AGExt.settings file. If an AGExt.cfg file is present, AGExt will try to rename it to AGExt.settings to keep your saved settings from the older version. This means that if for some reason both AGExt.cfg and AGExt.settings are present, it will load AGExt.cfg, use those settings, then overwrite the AGExt.settings file with the values from the AGExt.cfg file. After this is will delete the AGExt.cfg file so it uses the AGExt.settings file the next time you load the game.

Next, on the actions groups, what is supposed to happen in the editor is for the available action groups to match stock if Override is set to 0. If Override is set to 1, all action groups should be available at all times.

So with Override set to zero, at VAB/SPH level 1, no action groups are available in the editor. At level 2, just the named groups and at level 3 all groups are available.

The wildcard is flight mode because there is no facility level I check the level of both buildings and use the highest. So if the VAB is level 1 (no groups available) and the SPH is level 2 (named groups available), named groups will be available to all vessels in flight mode, even rockets launched from the VAB.

Once a vessel is launched I have no way of telling if it came from the VAB or the SPH so I just use the highest unlocked level of either building.

Hope that clears some things up.

D.

Missed this comment.

When I transitioned from 2.0 to 2.0b (skipping 2.0a) I dragged my config file over to preserve the settings, not realize that was no longer used. This can probably be ignored (it had Override = 1).

I start up the game and go to the VAB (level 1) and I have access to the named action groups only. I check the settings file, it says Override = 0. SPH is untouched as always.

Since there isn't a clear cut case of there being anything entirely wrong (I'm also noticing a lot of my bug reports are me specific, whether that is because I am super diligent, or because my install is problematic, I can't say), I vote wait for more data points.

If the file is missing, it will be created the next time KSP is run. (You have to actually go into a game, just the Main Menu is not far enough. Into the Editor or Flight mode preferred.)

If you have actually played and the file is not present, that is a bug I'll have to look into.

D.

19 hours ago, Diazo said:

If the file is missing, it will be created the next time KSP is run. (You have to actually go into a game, just the Main Menu is not far enough. Into the Editor or Flight mode preferred.)

If you have actually played and the file is not present, that is a bug I'll have to look into.

D.

It did get created after a bit of actual play.  Creating a new save and "looking around" did not create the file.  I think once I hit the action groups button is when it was created.  Thank you!!  Sorry for the silly post.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/11/2015 at 3:25 AM, Diazo said:

Hmmm.

There is a hack I can give you with MM that works.

First, create a vessel in the editor with the groups you want, then find that .craft file.

Open it and find one of the ModuleAGX partModules and copy the groupNames line.

Then go to the part.cfg moduleManager config in GameData\Diazo\AGExt\part.cfg and add that groupNames line in:

@PART[*]
		{
		MODULE
		{
		name = ModuleAGX
		{
		groupNames = lineYouCopiedHere
		}
		}
		}

(this hack is from memory, not 100% sure I've got the MM syntax right.)

Note there will be some funny dot/vertical line symbols, those should be there and make sure to copy them.

This actually sounds like something that should be implemented more gracefully into the GUI however, it would not be a simple addition though so I'm going to have to think on how to do it.

D.

Did you ever get around to implementing this in the GUI? (Love this mod btw!)

is it possible for example to open bay doors->wait (x seconds)->fire engine

So my question is in the example above is there a way to make it wait/pause before continuing to next step? Firing a engine, for example, through a collider (bay door) results in instant destruction of the part. A "Wait" command would be useful to wait for animations to finish

Edited by Redneck

1 hour ago, Redneck said:

is it possible for example to open bay doors->wait (x seconds)->fire engine

So my question is in the example above is there a way to make it wait/pause before continuing to next step? Firing a engine, for example, through a collider (bay door) results in instant destruction of the part. A "Wait" command would be useful to wait for animations to finish

You can if you use a SmartParts Timer part, but as far as I know, not in this mod alone.

@baldamundo I have not forgotten about that, but real life is slamming me right now and I haven't even been able to turn my KSP desktop on for the last 5 weeks, let alone look at modding. I do want to get to that, but no clue on a timeline.

@Redneck For timing delays I point people towards Smart Parts. It recognizes all action groups available so if AGX is installed it can activate any of the 250 action groups.

D.

I am having an issue and can't find any information regarding this. I set up my action group as I always have tested it before the flight but as soon As I reach orbit and click for my solar panels or any action I've setup I get a no go in the qued actions window but before launch, it works fine I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone help?

@KoolBreeze420 That is the error AGX throws when it thinks you have RemoteTech installed but do not have control of the craft.

1) Do you have RemoteTech installed?

2) Does RemoteTech show you as having control of the craft? (Set throttle, change orientation, etc.)

As a work around, you can right click on the AGX icon and select the "Bypass RT" option and AGX will not check RT and execute the action group anyway.

D.

On 19/07/2016 at 6:45 PM, Diazo said:

@KoolBreeze420 That is the error AGX throws when it thinks you have RemoteTech installed but do not have control of the craft.

1) Do you have RemoteTech installed?

2) Does RemoteTech show you as having control of the craft? (Set throttle, change orientation, etc.)

As a work around, you can right click on the AGX icon and select the "Bypass RT" option and AGX will not check RT and execute the action group anyway.

D.

I believe remote tech is installed as a dependent mod for some other mods that I have installed. All I know is that everything works fine on the launch pad but when I enter orbit none of the agx commands work.

I will try this workaround you mentioned and I will launch right now.

Awesome I found the bypass and now agx is working thank you so much.

Edited by KoolBreeze420

• 2 weeks later...

AGE is such a in-depth mod, which was the reason I stopped using it.  It was just too many options for me!  All I really want is an AGE-lite where I can see groups 1-10, and 'maybe' be able to add and subtract from those. 

5 hours ago, Sarxis said:

AGE is such a in-depth mod, which was the reason I stopped using it.  It was just too many options for me!  All I really want is an AGE-lite where I can see groups 1-10, and 'maybe' be able to add and subtract from those. 

It's kinda possible to set your groups in the editor, then simply have a "control panel" for those while in-flight.  I do agree, though, that the visual complexity get a bit daunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bunch of errors for you.

I have a highly modded game.  usually ok, but this just came up:

I launched a rover from the SPH (no action groups created at all), and the following errors started spamming:

AGX Flight Update Error 7i System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.LoadVesselDataFromPM (ActionGroupsExtended.ModuleAGX rootAGX) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here is a link to the full log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35lmaa9wjfu706v/agx errors.zip?dl=0

I know there are other errors in there, but this one seemed to be totally unrelated to anything else.

KSP 1.1.3

Most mods installed via CKAN, AGX is 2.0b

For this log, I entered the game, went into the SPH to create the rover, added a crew module to it attached via a decoupler.  Then I put the crew into the crew module (2 of them), and launched.  Once launched, I disembarked the crew and had them mount the external command seat.  Then I decoupled the crew module and recovered it.  After recovery, I made the rover active again (flew the rover from the space center scene)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Oh my gosh, i have been looking for something like this for far too long. the stock game just doesn't have enough action groups... yesterday i was watching a live-stream and one of the guys friend sang "squad, if you watch this, then please understand that we have keyboards with more than 10 keys for action groups".  i must use this mod

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016. 8. 14. at 4:12 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a bunch of errors for you.

I have a highly modded game.  usually ok, but this just came up:

I launched a rover from the SPH (no action groups created at all), and the following errors started spamming:

AGX Flight Update Error 7i System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.LoadVesselDataFromPM (ActionGroupsExtended.ModuleAGX rootAGX) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here is a link to the full log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35lmaa9wjfu706v/agx errors.zip?dl=0

I know there are other errors in there, but this one seemed to be totally unrelated to anything else.

KSP 1.1.3

Most mods installed via CKAN, AGX is 2.0b

For this log, I entered the game, went into the SPH to create the rover, added a crew module to it attached via a decoupler.  Then I put the crew into the crew module (2 of them), and launched.  Once launched, I disembarked the crew and had them mount the external command seat.  Then I decoupled the crew module and recovered it.  After recovery, I made the rover active again (flew the rover from the space center scene)

I have same error spamming everytime in flight scene

And the log file is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfa48th7dzhtnap/KSP_log_AGXerror.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your works on this mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

So i've built a mega station up in orbit, and i have forward and rear facing thrusters on giant fuel cans, but i want to be able to get them to "toggle" with this mod, 

I want to put all 8 (4forward, 4rear) on a toggle with 4 already on, and 4 already off, that way with a switch of one button, they will go from forward to rear thrust of my space station.

HOWEVER: i cannot for the life of me figure out how to use this mod correctly, OTHER THAN just being able to save engine activate or deactivate and them ONLY WORK ONCE and then never work again.

So either there is some sort of bug (based on other peoples use of this mod i dont think this is the case)  or i am not using this thing correctly while inflight....

Is there ANY video of a detailed breakdown of how to set/unset/toggle/activivate/deactivate any and all things with this mod?...

EDIT: Trying to just get solar panels to toggle in/out with a single button and it just works once and then doesn't toggle, so i must not understand how the "toggle" feature works, any help would be appreciated

Unless of course, every action i create is a "one-time-use" action that i make with this mod and that's how it works, or i am setting these to only work once somehow?...

AND when i save it to alpha 1, i hit the "1" on my keyboard and nothing happens, the action only triggers when i click on the name of it in AGX screen where it shows what button its bound to....

Edited by Chachi123

Are you creating the action group in flight or in the VAB?  It shouldn't make a difference since it's supposed to be persistent but it might be a clue.

In the VAB, I open the AGX windows, and in the Selected Parts window, I select a key, enter a title for the action, then click on the part I want to affect.  Finally, I select the desired action from the list of possible actions.

In flight, I right-click the AGX button and go through the same steps.

Can you describe the steps you take to create your action group if they're any different than these?

Thanks for the quick reply, yes in my career mode my orbiter is already in space and thats when i realized that i needed a way to adjust actions on the fly.

http://i.imgur.com/7ptCJj8.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/S4zmO

Thats what my ship looks like, and as we type I am going through all the old posts and seeing how im using this mod wrong. Give me an hr or so to read through some stuff and try some things out and if still having trouble I'll be sure to post my procedure list and where i think im having trouble on.

Got hardcore into this game about a month ago and i hit a wall with this, as far as my musk-alike mars shot grand shceme goes!!!

Edited by Chachi123

Ok, I go through the above steps, and i can create an action group to extend a single solar panel, BUT ONLY if i click on the actual control button thru the AGX menu, it does not work on the key i selected on the keyboard (*alpha1* ((AKA the !@#!%ing "1" key, seriously, you know how long it took me to realize what alpha1 means?!?))).

So panel goes out only if i click the button manually, ok whatever, SO NOW i got to make a 2nd action group to retract solar panel, and it works as well (only by clicking button)

And now here is where the problems are:

I cant get either of these actions to work EVER AGAIN,  its just the one time that i can get it to work, they wont work if i create 2 buttons with one for retract/extend, they only do their job once. AND EVEN FURTHER, when i create/wipe-recreate these same action groups, NOTHING works anymore, not even by clicking manually on the AGX menu (*let alone with the actual keys i want to use in the first place)

And this is still not the ideal situation that i want, as stated above im trying to get 8 engines split 4/4 to be on/off with the toggle of a single button....

Ive done this IN VAB WITH REGULAR ACTION CONTROLS BEFORE, BUT I NEED TO DO IT WITH A SHIP LAUNCHED IN FLIGHT/ORBIT, not yelling here, just emphasizing what my end goal is here. 

TLDR; 

Toggle engines or solar panels, or ANYthing using this mod MIDFLIGHT for a REUSABLE action key.

Let me know with any feedback or questions to answer to help pinpoint what i might be doing wrong in the setup.

Edited by Chachi123

1 hour ago, Chachi123 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, yes in my career mode my orbiter is already in space and thats when i realized that i needed a way to adjust actions on the fly.

http://i.imgur.com/7ptCJj8.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/S4zmO

Thats what my ship looks like, and as we type I am going through all the old posts and seeing how im using this mod wrong. Give me an hr or so to read through some stuff and try some things out and if still having trouble I'll be sure to post my procedure list and where i think im having trouble on.

Got hardcore into this game about a month ago and i hit a wall with this, as far as my musk-alike mars shot grand shceme goes!!!

A picture that included your AGX windows would have been a nice addition since that's where your problem lies. :D I've never tried to put engines in an action group.  Let me test on my install.

I don't think this is the case, but if you assigned the action group in flight and then had to revert to a previous quicksave, the action groups are not persistent.  True persistence occurs only if you create the action groups in the VAB/SPH.

22 minutes ago, Chachi123 said:

I cant get either of these actions to work EVER AGAIN,  its just the one time that i can get it to work, they wont work if i create 2 buttons with one for retract/extend, they only do their job once. AND EVEN FURTHER, when i create/wipe-recreate these same action groups, NOTHING works anymore, not even by clicking manually on the AGX menu (*let alone with the actual keys i want to use in the first place)

This has not been my experience (not to say your issue isn't legitimate) and don't know how best to advise you.  What are your KSP and AGX versions?  How did you install the mod?  Have you tried removing and re-installing the mod?  I'm assuming that you have solar panels that actually retract, right (it appears that you do but I'm just making sure)?

I'm not an expert so the next time you post, if you haven't resolved the problem, post a link to your output_log file to help those wiser than I am.  Make sure it's a brief game session that includes the suspect behaviour.  There may be something in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this error before and know what to do about it?

[EXC 23:48:05.569] ExecutionEngineException: SIGILL
        UnityEngine.SliderHandler.ValuesPerPixel ()
        UnityEngine.SliderHandler.VerticalThumbRect ()
        UnityEngine.SliderHandler.ThumbRect ()
        UnityEngine.SliderHandler.OnRepaint ()
        UnityEngine.SliderHandler.Handle ()
        UnityEngine.GUI.Slider (Rect position, Single value, Single size, Single start, Single end, UnityEngine.GUIStyle slider, UnityEngine.GUISt
yle thumb, Boolean horiz, Int32 id)
        UnityEngine.GUI.Scroller (Rect position, Single value, Single size, Single leftValue, Single rightValue, UnityEngine.GUIStyle slider, UnityEngine.GUIStyle thumb, UnityEngine.GUIStyle leftButton, UnityEngine.GUIStyle rightButton, Boolean horiz)
        UnityEngine.GUI.VerticalScrollbar (Rect position, Single value, Single size, Single topValue, Single bottomValue, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
        UnityEngine.GUI.BeginScrollView (Rect position, Vector2 scrollPosition, Rect viewRect, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background)
        UnityEngine.GUI.BeginScrollView (Rect position, Vector2 scrollPosition, Rect viewRect)
        ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.SelParts (Int32 WindowID)
        UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Ok, so I got a youtube video up of my TOGGLE issue that wont seem to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CRUI4nqsIw

And if some one could tell me how to upload my output_log to this website that would be awesome.

Im using the latest version of AGX and Kerbal through steam also running the additional landing sites mod kerbin side complete 1.1.0 and Kerbal Konstructs .9.7.3 to run that.This issue has been happening since i first installed AGX only a way back when i needed to adjust a TOGGLE action group in flight.

Thats all i really need or want to do with this game, ive gotten so far and now have stopped dead because i cant get my ship working in orbit.

Any help much appreciated folks, please dont leave me hanging up in orbit!!

EDIT: 

Here is my output_log,  let me know if you guys find anything wierd in there. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FMpKuzGNeGT09iQmFpaDh2TmM/view

If you watch the above video, also please let me know if I am even using the AGX properly in flight. There isnt a very detailed HOW-To for this tool and I am more than willing to make a video if some one can type up a detailed break-down... 
Thx

Edited by Chachi123

6 hours ago, Chachi123 said:

And if some one could tell me how to upload my output_log to this website that would be awesome.

Use a cloud service, such as DropBox or Google Drive, and upload the file there.  Then post the link in a forum post.

Edited by Brigadier
Clarity

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.