Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

I'm just now getting into designing military vessels. Seeing the rest of the ships here, I feel scared :s

V Anybody want to fight this? Or use it and tell me how well it performs? V

http://i.imgur.com/lQcl56M.png

It has manned fighters as well as drone fighters, although I feel the drone ones are the only ones that are useful. Far less cumbersome.

http://i.imgur.com/fKe63nL.png

I will recommend having most, if not all munitions inside the hull, and using i-beams as the cores of your .5 meter munitions.

Also, the RT-10 SRB booster still works well, but is only suitable for use against heavily armored capital ships or other ships that shrug off

smaller shots. You may also want to try making torps and missiles that accelerate very quickly, as they tend to pierce (clip through partially) armor easily and detonate fuel tanks.

Thing is though you don't have to utterly destroy you target for it to be a kill. All you got to do is hit your target just right

Ask any deer hunter (me included) that the most clean kill is one done in one shot

Edit: plus most cannon ships are hard to armor real well. They are designed for superior firepower at the sacrifice of armor

Edited by War Eagle 1

So, I decided to test out my SX-1 against some Probe-Tek and daeCorp ships...

Initial results:

SX-1 v. Katana:

http://i.imgur.com/0sytceU.png

http://i.imgur.com/PKXTQ1r.png

SX-1 v. Hatchet:

http://i.imgur.com/gNRiVJs.jpg

SX-1 v. DSCV Trident:

http://i.imgur.com/DJe6HPR.png

daeCorp's armor on its larger vessels is... top-notch, to say the least.

Spartwo, you may want to up-armor your cannon ships. If 4 i-beams can wreck 'em, a MAC shot

or SRB salvo certainly will. :wink:

You're gonna have to catch it first and seeing as max range from kerbin is an orbit around Eeloo(compared to high orbit for a Trident),I think you're gonna have a bad time.

Spartwo, you have six ships. xD

Which one are we not going to count?

What are there two of?

My cannons do as much damage as missiles.

I have to limit throttle to 52.5 to keep still.Weren't you wondering why I was above the target once I finished firing?And that's why I'm probably scrapping it.

EDIT:I'll check the Trident to be fair.

Edited by Spartwo

Does the .craft still say Javillen?Even though 3 of the 4 craft used are now outdated,and preferable to change loadout,but it's too late to change(New broadsword.Fixed missiles,lighter mass,better looking)Get rid of the Broadsword with all the missiles.

EDIT:Yep,I'll fix that.

Edited by Spartwo

znEbyvz.png

MT-11 Transport performing a VTOL landing on Ike...

So, is anyone up for a battle?

Rules would be :

4 Ships per team:

2 Fighters

2 Mid-Large Size ships

(No Carriers)

Max Weight: 150 tons

*No 1000-part monstrosities*

//Also, Spartwo, I tested your cannon ships a little more. It looks like your armor's got a weak spot in an area in the mid-section, and that otherwise it actually is very tough.//

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

http://i.imgur.com/znEbyvz.png

MT-11 Transport performing a VTOL landing on Ike...

So, is anyone up for a battle?

Rules would be :

4 Ships per team:

2 Fighters

2 Mid-Large Size ships

(No Carriers)

*No 1000-part monstrosities*

//Also, Spartwo, I tested your cannon ships a little more. It looks like your armor's got a weak spot in an area in the mid-section, and that otherwise it actually is very tough.//

Again

Would if I could

Gosh I want to

Okay fixed Persist

XdAoB8m.png

Those K-drives are like high explosives if anything hits them:P

t4ftxyg.png

And then I got carried away.

MYkTzEy.png

Look at that back end:).

dPdjjAo.png

EDIT:That gives me an idea,I might be a while.

Edited by Spartwo

You turned off debris again...

Edit: You killed my generators on Mantis Leader, so just for fun I tried to use the nuke engine to power it. I got soooo close, but I can't aim, so I'm going to attack with a different one. lol

wnp37Sn.png

------------------------------------------------

My actual turn. lol

With Mantis Leader out of the game, Mantis One moved. I went after the correctly-spelled Javelin.

The missiles on that arch thingy missed. They went wide from the ship spinning as they launched. Two more missiles hit. The first one took out the Javelin's front torpedo. The second one knocked the second torpedo off and destroyed the control module for the ship, leaving it dead.

VZsnHlt.png

Seeing the Javelin dead, Mantis One helped itself to some fuel.

YTiEwU1.png

Ooh... One of the torpedoes is still intact. Thanks!

2fNor2c.png

Persistent

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Ok, so tomorrow the Battle of Vall begins between me and War Eagle 1.

Hold on to your butts. :)

We both agreed that if we need to end the battle with no win/loss or take extended brakes if needed.

Also, I'd like to say that if I lose, I will donate an SX-1 Corvette to Project Genesis.

I'm nice like that. :wink:

OHHH wagers huh. I will see you corvette and rase you my Trinity Class Frigate

I've been working on my ground fleet. If anyone wants to do a surface battle, now's the time to build some tanks and planes while I'm busy with Spartwo!

I may have to take you up on that once I finish with War Eagle 1. However, that may be a while. :P

Any tips on making good tanks?

I may have to take you up on that once I finish with War Eagle 1. However, that may be a while. :P

Any tips on making good tanks?

Tips?

-Keep your centre of mass as low as possible.

-Make the wheels far apart like with any rover so you don't flip while driving.

-Missiles will dip toward the ground when you release them. Try adding folding landing gear that comes down to angle your tank slightly when aiming a shot.

-Make sure to have a Kerbal on your tank to repair wheels.

-Don't drive too fast!

Edit:

Mah tanks!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by daemonCaptrix

Battle Of Vall

Mechani Union Vs. Project Genesis

Rules

4 ships (2 fighters:2 mid to heavy ships)

Special Rules:

No leaving SOI

Reinforcements: (save a ship to later, ship must appear when it is its turn. Ship must stay within set weight limit)

Bonus: Neutral Fuel Silo/Research station in polar orbit can be capped for free fuel and awesomeness.

MU Expedition Alpha (+ Neutral Station):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Persist

Still very slowly working on rebuilding my military so I can compete again. :)

I am also rebuilding, I have no ships ready to fight at all, except some old 15-2 Dreks and Heavy Drek XIVs, neither of which has the range or maneuverability i want... I shall make a smaller pocket force designed around long range and quick maneuvering.

I am also rebuilding, I have no ships ready to fight at all, except some old 15-2 Dreks and Heavy Drek XIVs, neither of which has the range or maneuverability i want... I shall make a smaller pocket force designed around long range and quick maneuvering.

Am I the only one who hasn't made a 180 yet?