Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Is anyone having issues with these parts causing some kind of...drag, or something? I have a rocket that makes it to orbit no problem, then I added a small core with 4 wedges, and slightly more fuel to compensate (even though the added mass from the wedges is less than 1 ton). The second rocket can't make orbit despite having more dV, and phantom forces cause it to stray off course mid flight. 

e: looks like I'm not the only one with this problem, and yeah, had no problems when using FAR, but since it hasn't been updated yet...;.;

Edited by subyng

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to produce oxidizer using modules from the US mod? I really like the way I can use a small and modular chemical plant to make my fuel on distant planets, but lack of method for making oxidizer forces me to use stock ore system witch I'm not the biggest fan. A way to make oxidizer just like you make Hydrogen peroxide would be very good in my opinion and profit many space programs of our brave kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, I have no mods that use a modded resource, BUT I do have installed the Comunity Resource Pack because CKAN installed it for some mod, (Or it was suggested perhaps, I didn't pay attention), my question being, is that the reason I see all the modded resources related parts of this in my game? I only have KAS and KIS

I ran into a small issue that I had to edit, basically:  The Carbon Dioxide wedge is found extremely deep in the tech tree away from the other life support wedges needed for TAC.  This makes it essentially useless to use any of the entire system early in the game with TAC, as you'd need to use their basic models anyways to get the CO2 storage.

Once I fixed that with a quick edit, it was basically so long and good-bye to ugly hex cans :)

On 1/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, EstebanLB said:

Quick question, what is the EVA pack for and how do we use it? Is it like a KIS EVA canister but half fuel?

It's a KIS equippable that will give you more EVA fuel in an otherwise stock game and also additional life support resources if you have one of the compatible mods installed (list below):

• ASMI's ECLSS
  • Kerbalism
  • IFI Life Support
  • Snacks!
  • TAC Life Support

• 2 weeks later...

Your site (ksp.kingtiger.co.uk) appears to me to be offline. Is it?

So, i see your parts already are compatible with Kerbalism. Great, gonna switch from Tac LS to Kerbalism today!

Many thanks, love your mod a long time. And i put special connections on side of the cargo bay parts from my mod specially to use for US.

Cheers commander.

Just curious if anyone knows what's going on here. I've been a long time user of US and I've never had this problem in the past. However, I'm just getting back into KSP after a few months hiatus, and a lot has changed in that time.

Anyhow, the problem I'm having is US components are randomly exploding at high timewarp rates. I've got a boatload of other mods installed, and my first suspect was some kind of conflict with the Test Flight mod. I've removed it, and will be testing as soon as KSP boots back up, but I'm not very hopeful that it'll solve the problem. I'll do some testing on a clean install with only US installed to see if it is a problem with it and not a mod interaction issue. That's a long process though, and I have to get to work shortly, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow or later to do that test. I'm just curious now if anyone more knowledgeable here already knows what might be causing this issue.

Below is the list of mods that AVC displays. I know from past experience, it doesn't list all the mods I have installed, but the vast majority are here.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.1
Filter Extensions - 2.8.1.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.14
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.4
Basic Orbit - 1.0.5
CactEye Telescopes - 1.2.2.11
Color Coded Canisters - 1.5.1
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.4
Connected Living Space - 1.2.4.2
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.1.3
Rover Missions - 0.1.7
CryoEngines - 0.4.5
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
EVA Struts - 1.0.3
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.6
Firespitter - 7.5.1
Flexible Docking - 1.0.4
Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.11
GroundConstruction - 1.1.1
Hangar - 3.3
Impact - 1.5
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.3.2
JanitorsCloset - 0.2.12.1
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.13
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.1
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.4
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
Feline Utility Rover - 0.2
KerbNet Controller - 1.0.2.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.2
kOS - 1.0.3
KRASH - 0.5.22.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.9.2.11
MarkIVSystem - 2.3.4
Mk1-Cabin-Hatch - 0.2
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.13.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.3
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.3
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.4
Final Frontier - 1.2.7.3080
NSS-OctoSat - 0.1.5
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.2.4
Procedural Wings - 0.12
Procedural Parts - 1.2.8
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RemoteTech - 1.8.4
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.2
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.2
SelectableDataTransmitter - 0.1.2
ShipManifest - 5.1.3.3
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.16
StageRecovery - 1.6.8
StationScienceContinued - 2.1.3
SXTContinued - 0.3.7.1
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.12
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.8
TankLock - 0.2.3
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.4
Trajectories - 1.6.6
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
TweakScale - 2.3.4
USI Core - 0.3.8
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.9.8
USI Exploration Pack - 0.7.3
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.7
Konstruction - 0.1.11
Malemute Rover - 0.2.7
NuclearRockets - 0.3.8
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.5.4
Universal Storage - 1.2.2
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.12.4
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
WildBlueTools - 1.10.1
Airships - 2.2.1
[x] Science! - 5.4

[EDIT]

Well, a quick test in sandbox after removing Test Flight appears it might have solved the problem after all. I've got to get to work now, but I'll try to run a more in depth test in the career save using the same craft that I was having problems with before, but that will have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

Is this a known issue with Test Flight - Universal Storage?

Edited by kananesgi
More info

Hey @Paul Kingtiger! Do you know what we need? A universal storage wedge for kerbal engineer's flight computer! :D *wink* *wink*

Also, I could not find any battery wedge, either :( I think the only one with any EC on it was the PresMat and Thermometer one.. hmm, then again I can always stuff a couple of stock batterries into a science bay! :D

Well, third edit: The science bay is too heavy :( The orbital science wedges are each 20/40 kg and equal to their non-wedge counterparts, whereas an empty science bay is 120 kg :(. It doesn't make sense :(. How am I supposed to balance this rocket?

I would suggest that the science bay should be maybe 10 kg, and the mass of all the orbital experiments should be increased by 10kg. 

Edited by canisin

1 hour ago, canisin said:

Hey @Paul Kingtiger! Do you know what we need? A universal storage wedge for kerbal engineer's flight computer! :D *wink* *wink*

Also, I could not find any battery wedge, either :( I think the only one with any EC on it was the PresMat and Thermometer one.. hmm, then again I can always stuff a couple of stock batterries into a science bay! :D

Well, third edit: The science bay is too heavy :( The orbital science wedges are each 20/40 kg and equal to their non-wedge counterparts, whereas an empty science bay is 120 kg :(. It doesn't make sense :(. How am I supposed to balance this rocket?

I would suggest that the science bay should be maybe 10 kg, and the mass of all the orbital experiments should be increased by 10kg. 

1. A Engineer bay would be easy enough, although it would be better with a custom model.
  2. Battery wedge is planned for US2, but there's no date on when that'll be ready, we're taking our time to get it right and work around RL stuff.
  3. I'll take a look at the weights and see what's going on.

www.kingtiger.online should now be up and running, although it's just the Universal Storage page at the moment, more will be coming as and when time allows.

Kingtiger.co.uk should still work, it's an addition rather than a replacement.

5 minutes ago, Paul Kingtiger said:
  1. A Engineer bay would be easy enough, although it would be better with a custom model.
  2. Battery wedge is planned for US2, but there's no date on when that'll be ready, we're taking our time to get it right and work around RL stuff.
  3. I'll take a look at the weights and see what's going on.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll awaiting your feedback about the weights before I go about creating a custom patch for myself. Also, I'll just mention @cybutek to find out if he is interested in a collab with you for the engineer wedge. (and @keptin and @MrPwner)

Edited by canisin

Hello everyone, I'm long time US user, and recently started to play with Kerbalism mod, which is Life Support mod with some really awesome features. I've read the OP, and I know Kerbalism is not supported (yet), so I came here with one small feature request: Kerbalism has configurable Radial Pressurized Tanks for storing life support resources such as Oxygen, Nitrogen e.t.c. so it would be nice to have Pressurized tank module from Kerbalism mod as US wedge. Despite the fact, US already have life support wedges, such resources as Nitrogen (needed for vessel pressurization) or Ammonia (for Greenhouse) cant be stored.

Edited by Cosmonauth
I've learnt some engrish here =_=

On 2/13/2017 at 0:52 AM, canisin said:

Hello mate, it seems I have been misled by another mod that I am running: SETI rebalance. It turns out SETI rebalance has a US config which sets the mass of the science bay to 120kg. But then again, my point stands. 

The science bay has a mass of 40 kg, a kis container wedge has a mass of 20 kg. They are both effectively empty containers.

Orbital science wedges have masses equal to their naked counterparts.  

To me, this is slightly confusing. :)

Fooled again! It turns out SETI rebalance sets the masses of orbital science experiments and their wedge counterparts to the same values! Exactly what I was complaining about. :( 

Edited by canisin

The US CommunityTechTree.cfg file has a typo for the EVA-X; it shows the node as "advancedExploration" whereas it should be "advExploration".

Just a minor thing that was driving me mad in my recent career save.

thx

EDIT

Also, could the config of the part itself be double-checked for the proper closing bracket - Seems that there is one missing due to the life support entries. Found the problem - See post next page.

And if it not too much trouble an hour of USI Life Support supplies would be nice to have should this be able to be added to all the other life support configs. EDIT: USI-LS ticks down a generic 1 hour so this would be redundant.

thx again

Edited by Morashtak
Addition config inquiry

3 hours ago, Morashtak said:

The US CommunityTechTree.cfg file has a typo for the EVA-X; it shows the node as "advancedExploration" whereas it should be "advExploration".

Just a minor thing that was driving me mad in my recent career save.

thx

nice catch!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.