[Showcase] VTOL Emporium

I'll be doing a full release of this including craft file once I test it with 1.0 aeros, but for now here is a preview of my futuristic turbo VTOL. This can also cruise on the single horizontal engine alone for increased fuel efficiency.

hXwePA6h.png

maSuQyFh.png

I'll be doing a full release of this including craft file once I test it with 1.0 aeros, but for now here is a preview of my futuristic turbo VTOL. This can also cruise on the single horizontal engine alone for increased fuel efficiency.

http://i.imgur.com/hXwePA6h.png

http://i.imgur.com/maSuQyFh.png

I like this a lot man, nice one! Looking at it though I think you could remove the large decouplers for some extra performance.

I like this a lot man, nice one! Looking at it though I think you could remove the large decouplers for some extra performance.

oh, certainly. They are purely aesthetic, same with all the shock cones. They aren't actually that heavy however, I think 1.25 a piece, and this can take off with only 30% thrust from the two vertical engines.

I'm trying to build a KSP rendition of the Grand Theft Auto V VTOL Jet the "Hydra" (Also known as the Harrier). Can anyone offer advice? the only one I built that works looks kind of ugly and doesn't have the swivel-jets function.

here's a picture

Hydra-GTAO-Front.pngCredit for this pic: GTA Wiki

I have had a few VTOLs...

zXIXKwK.jpg

a0OhxVw.jpg

One of my first.

Y0yrT1x.jpg

It was slightly changed and this is where it ended up.

foeOM3F.jpg

My first craft to visit outside of Kerbin SOI, way back in the day.

Then there was this... one of my biggest SSTO cargo hauler VTOLs

zXhQBYJ.jpg

Then there was this... my largest cargo hauler VTOL SSTO and most successful.

Tk4n69L.jpg

OiEkWyl.jpg

It could haul up to 50tons in VTOL or 120tons in a STVOL fashion or conventional take off with Vertical landing.

I'm trying to build a KSP rendition of the Grand Theft Auto V VTOL Jet the "Hydra" (Also known as the Harrier). Can anyone offer advice? the only one I built that works looks kind of ugly and doesn't have the swivel-jets function.

here's a picture

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150316184830/gtawiki/images/7/76/Hydra-GTAO-Front.pngCredit for this pic: GTA Wiki

One of the part mods has the vectoring jets you are looking for; I've seen craft with them. The rest you should be able to do with stock parts and generous usage of the stock gizmos.

here's a picture

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150316184830/gtawiki/images/7/76/Hydra-GTAO-Front.pngCredit for this pic: GTA Wiki

I got this one i did NpLhoLD.png?1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jeb meant he needed a VTOL jet to get to work, it was to far to walk, he said.

So Bill build him this nice little VTOL Jet that resembles the Boeing X32.

screenshot6.png

screenshot21.png

Let's try something interesting!

screenshot19.png

Jeb did it at his first try.

screenshot16.png

Jeb checking the flight computer.

Best VTOL performance with around 200 fuel, if you fill it up you will need 9 m/s to start hovering.

Edit:  Craftlink

Edited by nudelauflauf
Added Craftlink

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.