[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

mUZmxJc.png

With the new SLS in the latest update, I thought it would be boring to not mount the Orion like it should be right in the SLS. So I decided to make a pack that symbolizes the Orion also as a practice of my modeling skills (This is my first modeling project.) I figured that SDHI already has it perfect for the service module so I made this as an extension of it and NASA mission pack.

N0u1Ofb.png

RSS Stuff:

FennexFox is working on something related over here

Installation:

Unzip the file

Copy GameData to root folder.

Taurus Parts are on TaurusExtras Folder, just remove it if you don't have Taurus mod installed. The rest are just tweakscaled.

SAVE BREAK WARNING!

You need SDHI along with its dependencies

Untested Version!

Changelog:

Aerojet Kerbodyne

Initial Release

Added FX on LAS, LV-900 and HG-10B

Added Emissives on LV-900 and HG-10B

Rebalance of some parts

Added and fixed FX for some other parts

Rebalanced costs

Update for 0.24

Taurus Parts:

Complete Remodel

-Added Service Decoupler

-Added Service Heatshield (Custom fit with Taurus Bottom)

-Added Aerocap for Taurus

-Added 2-sizes for Launch Abort System

Mk1-2 Parts:

-Added Service Decoupler (Custom fit with Mk1-2 Bottom)

-Added Service Heatshield

Tweakscaled Parts:

-Added HG-10B-2 Liquid Fuel Engine

-Added LV-900 Orbital Maneuvering Engine

-Added AK10-118J Liquid Fuel Engine

-Added Upper and Lower ICPS tank

-Added Service Module to ICPS Adapters

-Added ICPS Tank Adapter

-Added ICPS Extender

-Added LH-KM-2N RCS Thruster

-Added Dual Linear RCS Port

-Remodel of Previous RCS Thruster

Taurus Parts

Initial Release

Added Service Module

-Launch Abort System Jettison Cone

-Launch Abort System Main Motor

-Aerocap

-Service Tank

-HG10-B2 New Engine

-S3 Adapter

-Tri-Cover Fairing

Parts of 3.0 Mostly:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

License:

88x31.png

*Smokescreen in contained in package is made by Sarbian (and the rest of the developers that helped him, credit goes to them) as well as Virgin Kalactic, Firespitter, modulemanager and modulefixer.dll files, those aren't mine. I only take credit on my parts.

Testers:

DasBananenbrot

Sippyfrog

MaverickSawyer

likke_A_boss

wasmic

Tons of Help:

stupid_chris - he made the rebalance!

Nathankell

Cpt. Kipard

A couple other modders

Supporters on the development too.

Edited by blackheart612
1.1.2 still good

I can confirm that this is high quality. Just a fair word of warning for you FAR users out there: This addon is currently FAR incompatible, and if the 2.5m Service Module Adapter is used, your rocket will fly using stock aerodynamics. All crafts without the 2.5m SMA will fly as they should with FAR. This bug is both on the FAR side and on this addons side, but a fix might be in development by ferram4.

Edit: The FAR fix is live.

Edited by wasmic

Can you show me how to build this?

the order goes as follows

escape tower -> SDHI Shroud -> Mk1-2 Pod -> SDHI heat shield -> SDHI service module -> either of 2 engines -> faring shroud (with 3x symmetry fairings added) -> large tank (put so part of it goes inside fairing above) -> truss extender -> small tank (again put inside so top fairing of tank doesn't appear) -> HG10-B engine (put so engine fairing appears, NOT tank one)

That should be it :D

BTW, are those fairings and cover FAR-compatible? I mean the "is shielded" feature.

They should be. Anything with "fairing" in the title should work by default.

And speaking of FAR, be careful with adding a bunch of extra nodes to the parts for different looks. FAR calculates drag based on nodes, and if you have 4 nodes and only use 2, FAR thinks you have two open "ends" of a cylinder, which adds odd drag. (Example: the HGR Radish pod in reentry) I haven't tested these much so I don't know if it's an issue at all, and I've heard Ferram is moving away from that model, but there's no word on when.

These are great parts, though!

Ah. When I released this, I was so excited about my "first modeling mod" and I would admit that the parts and textures are half-assed. Combined with me working on a hot summer afternoon, it eats my patience. I promise my next phase will be more detailed.

They should be. Anything with "fairing" in the title should work by default.

And speaking of FAR, be careful with adding a bunch of extra nodes to the parts for different looks. FAR calculates drag based on nodes, and if you have 4 nodes and only use 2, FAR thinks you have two open "ends" of a cylinder, which adds odd drag. (Example: the HGR Radish pod in reentry) I haven't tested these much so I don't know if it's an issue at all, and I've heard Ferram is moving away from that model, but there's no word on when.

These are great parts, though!

Yes, the odd drag and FAR-noncompliance was noted during testing.

LV-T inc is not the manufacturer of the LV-T series, It was home-made by Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Inc. It should be Jebediah & Bill Kerbodyne (Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne)

I knew that, but it was too long with the Junkyard but Jeb and Bill but considering it's also P&W Rocketdyne, it will be J&B. Now we're whiskey :D

Ah. When I released this, I was so excited about my "first modeling mod" and I would admit that the parts and textures are half-assed. Combined with me working on a hot summer afternoon, it eats my patience. I promise my next phase will be more detailed.

Getting these parts to play nice with all these mods has got to be a big pain. I just wanted to point that one out, if you didn't know already. If you can make those models that appear for certain nodes an extra part, it removes the issue. But that also adds probably 3-4 more parts to your list, so it might not be worth it.

And I'm certainly not saying that your parts are sub-par. Quite the opposite, actually. :) I like these a lot!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.