[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

Can you illustrate it if you can so we can settle the matter as fast as we can? :D

Also the size is 1:1 measurement in real life. I should scale it down.

I like it! Basically just translate it out to the outside of the ring that it is currently intersecting and it should be fine! (That is, toward the camera in the picture you showed)

• 5 weeks later...
when i load it in it only has the large aerocap. is it an issue with SDHI, tweakscale, or This mod?

Are you looking for the Mk1-2 cap? It's from SDHI, not mine. :)

How so? If you are talking about the Interim Cryo Stage, it's proportioned for KSP and has the same sizes as the real life counterparts scaled down.

There is no LUS on this pack though, just ICPS.

Oh blackheart; meant to ask: Is the ICPS meant only for LEO / LKO rendezvous? Using 6.4 Kerbol with a ballpark fuel estimate for real fuels (did the whole add propellants together and multiply by 5) and the ICPS combined with either the transfer module or exploration module aren't even enough to get to the Mun (using hypergolics it's about 1900-2100 DV; LH2 / LOX isn't even close).

Oh blackheart; meant to ask: Is the ICPS meant only for LEO / LKO rendezvous? Using 6.4 Kerbol with a ballpark fuel estimate for real fuels (did the whole add propellants together and multiply by 5) and the ICPS combined with either the transfer module or exploration module aren't even enough to get to the Mun (using hypergolics it's about 1900-2100 DV; LH2 / LOX isn't even close).

Not quite sure about all these things but I tested my parts on stock install. I'm not even sure anymore if they can take it to the Mun because it was long ago. Problem is I'm not too inclined with all the config editing to make the performance as accurate as possible but I am open to config revisions if you guys like, just let me know. Just a question though, did you use FAR/NEAR?

Would that be possible to add 3.75 to 5m ICPS interstage? I'm using a NovaPunch-based SLS (5m) with the Taurus capsule. The cylindrical fairing just doesn't look right.

Also, is it just me, or is the COM of the Taurus+SM stack placed too high? I can't find any good way of mounting RCS on the SM only (need to place some on the pod as well).

I remember that the CoM of the SM are high if I remember correctly, let me find a way to fix that today. Meanwhile, use these configs for a tweakscale for ICPS fairing adapter. Haven't tested it yet but I believe it will work.

link not available

Edit: I have fixed the issue before and offset the CoM. Are you using the latest version? What kind of problem are you having?

Edited by blackheart612

I don't see how TweakScale is going to help here. It can only rescale things. 2.5/3.75=0.(6), but 3.75/5=0.75. It's simply not going to fit if we just scale the adapter up. The bottom surface will be 5.625, which is noticeably too big.

Nice Delta-K. :) Are you going to be getting this model in game, or making a new one?

Also, I'd really love if HG-10B2 had a movable nozzle extension. You even modeled guide rails on which it moves. It'd reduce the intestage length somewhat and look really cool. :)

You don't need a plugin for that, simply animate it in your 3D editor, and export it into the game. Check the Modding Compilation sources for a more detailed tutorial:).

So, back to topic, are you going to also do a complete Delta II, when you make that Delta K? Or a stock alike one like your other parts? It's actually quiete funny, we didn't have a Delta II since KSP startet I think, now we gonna have two then..:P

I plan to add upper stages in Aerojet Kerbodyne. I wish to add the LUS as well and additional parts for ICPS.

So on the extendable nozzles, my bad, I can check the animations in importing but I currently have no idea how the nozzle animates. I'd bet I need to remodel some parts of the model to make it look like it though, which is not that bad.

I will release more parts for KSLO sooner or later so that will handle the Launchers btw.

Hey blackheart, a query for you: I'd love to be able to replicate an SLS Block 2, would you be willing to (at some far flung future date that suits your whim) implement an Exploration Upper Stage? You've got the majority of it done already, as the tanks, adapters, and fairings can scale up to 3.75 for the Taurus via TweakScale. The only thing with any serious difference is the engine cluster.

The Chaka pack has a good one in there, but their parts arent balanced against stock KSP and other modders works. Kinda have to use ALL of (and nothing but) Chaka, or none of it, for a good experience.

Here is some reference imagery.

Z85.jpgZ104.jpgZ86.jpg

As you can see, its quite similar to existing work, just in a 3.75m setup (ingame)

Edited by technerd89
Grammar

That is on the plans, but currently, I am thinking of a way to animate the HG10-B2. The current HG10-B2 is already set for the Large Upper Stage clustering, I will put it up in the future. Also, I'm still about to check if the ICPS resized is the same as the LUS's size. I even plan to make J-2X so all I need is time and not to be busy and the motivation. :P

That is on the plans, but currently, I am thinking of a way to animate the HG10-B2. The current HG10-B2 is already set for the Large Upper Stage clustering, I will put it up in the future. Also, I'm still about to check if the ICPS resized is the same as the LUS's size. I even plan to make J-2X so all I need is time and not to be busy and the motivation. :P

Perhaps, in this way, the J-2X (and in all likelihood the ICPS) will finally fly, even if they never in real life...

This pack is working for me but when i use the 2.5 to 3.75 interstage fairing it wont detach from the engine. Any thoughts?

Might be a problem with the attaching. This is the reason why I haven't updated it to 0.90 yet, it is compatible though the nodes are kinda hard to attach. But if you have node toggle, remember, always disable the bottom node first. before you attach. Once attached, you can then proceed to enabling it again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.