[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

2 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Can confirm the Kerbodyne parts breaking the Context menu. I first noticed it on the ICPS parts, in particular, as I just unlocked those in career and wanted to try and use them for a deep space tug stage... By leaving the VAB/SPH, you can get the menus back, but right clicking on a Kerbodyne part will break it again.

EDIT: THis was with the first update to 1.1 compatibility. Will try with the newest version.

I actually never experienced this even until now. Might be unused/broken dependencies though. There's node toggle, smokescreen and tweakscale which are ALL broken when I updated. I fixed all that I saw. I would really appreciate the feedback if you reproduced it on the latest version.

I can confirm that I dont have this problem if thats any help lol, I too am using the first 1.1 patch and am running win x64 1.1

I did go through and manually delete all of the tweakscale MODULEs though, as the tweakscaled parts meant to work with the taurus pack never ever worked properly for me so I make my own duplicate cfgs for them and manually adjust scale and resources. So that may be it, I know I have had this same behaviour happen pre 1.1 and it always came down to weird issues with part MODULEs.

3 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Node Toggle? Don't have that installed at all...

Yes, that's the problem I was talking about. It's not needed anymore because of KSP 1.0 changes to the nodes. I removed those that I noticed already. Are there still problems?

Thanks. It's there for 1.1.1 but the dependencies will be a problem. Nevertheless, I fixed some more stuff today but mostly visuals. I don't want to update it yet again so here is a hotfix for those who want it. What it does is return the heat animation on the nozzles. Squad changed their heat animation so I had to fix it.

Hotfix Dropbox Link

Hey there @Blackheart612! Glad to see that you've updated everything. Still one of my favorite modes. I happen to have some suggestions for you:

• ICPS upper stage seems to have too low TWR in a "standard" configuration. It's been around .46 TWR, and makes reaching orbit a bit difficult unless the lower stages does a lot more of the work. It also excludes the ability to make an Orion-Altair styled payload pretty much impossible (see fig. 1).
  • Having the LES broken into multiple parts can make organizing the staging list a bit difficult, especially since stages don't highlight anymore.

Z12-350x244.jpg

Fig. 1

8 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:

Hey there @Blackheart612! Glad to see that you've updated everything. Still one of my favorite modes. I happen to have some suggestions for you:

• ICPS upper stage seems to have too low TWR in a "standard" configuration. It's been around .46 TWR, and makes reaching orbit a bit difficult unless the lower stages does a lot more of the work. It also excludes the ability to make an Orion-Altair styled payload pretty much impossible (see fig. 1).
  • Having the LES broken into multiple parts can make organizing the staging list a bit difficult, especially since stages don't highlight anymore.

Z12-350x244.jpg

Fig. 1

I'm not quite good with configs but I will see what I can do. Of course I could use a tester. If you want you can also modify my cfgs, it's fine with me :P I'll ask around irc as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.4.2016 at 4:13 AM, blackheart612 said:

Thanks for testing! Although will you be able to specify the parts with the issues to narrow down the problems? What Kerbodyne part, is it everything? Same as the engines but I think this has something to do with Smokescreen (and ModuleManager to make it work) if you have everything there, which you probably have, I packaged everything, it's probably a problem in my config (it's really old, might need some rechecking which I will do).

Thank you very much! The problem went away after I reinstalled all my mods. May have been an outdated dependency :)

EDIT: @blackheart612, I have found one more problem with the latest version:

Every time I stage the Interstage decoupler something explodes and the upper stage starts spinning like crazy. Since nothing breaks I can then stabilize and continue my mission. None the less, it would be nice if it didn't explode :wink: I tried setting the decouple force to 0, adding and removing sepatrons but nothing helped. I see no errors in the log or anything like that.

Hope that is sufficient for a bug description and that you (or someone) can help me out here :) Thanks!

Edited by randm
don't want to double-post

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm probably gonna let this mod go. Even if I wanted to update this to 1.2.x, it's not possible. Last time I checked, SDHI still wasnt updated. The reason is because animated decouplers isn't updated and it's always updated late. Which is really depending on the author so we can't complain. The amount of dependencies this mod has makes it really hard to maintain. On the bright side, since it's heavily dependent on SDHI, everytime you update SDHI, it's most likely going to work.

Then most likely, Animated Decouplers is already updated 1.2.x. It's been a while since I checked SDHI. I do check it from time to time because it's hard for me to let go of this mod but it's really been a pain to update it. If ever I'm gonna pick this mod up again, I'll make it have less dependencies and make it not depend on SDHI. But I respect SDHI. I don't want to go against it if I can. Because I myself used it as well.

If you want to use it on 1.2.x, I think it will work. The most crucial part is Animated Decouplers anyway. Just delete the Taurus Parts.

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

Does this mod require TweakScale or is there a way that I can get the SDHI style service module sized for Taurus without using TweakScale?

Pretty sure there are 2 service module one is for Taurus and if you wanted to change the size and don't want to use tweak scale you can edit the cfg like this

MODEL
	{
	model = AerojetKerbodyne/Parts/ESA/ServiceModule
    scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0       <-------   added this line
	}
    scale = 1     <--------------------- Add this line
	rescaleFactor = 1.0   <-----------  change this to the size you want 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 10:31 PM, Brainpop14 said:

What are the chances for this being updated to 1.3.1?

SDHI was updated for 1.3.1 so there's a good chance this works now as well. A quick test shows no obvious errors, although the service module decoupler does not show up in staging manually toggling it via the PAW works fine. Also the decouplers could be moved to the new Coupling category and the heat shields require Deadly Reentry (although that is not technically a dependency of SDHI)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.