Post your real life or almost real life 'planes here!

I use KSP to build old jets because I'm boring. Go to the Mun? Nah. Much more fun to buzz the tower in a cancelled cold war bomber I built entirely out of struts.

If you like 'planes, and building 'planes, post them! If you've got pictures, and (maybe) a craft file, all the better.

Here's what I've been building today: A Handley Page Victor, an old RAF V-Force bomber, and a never-made-it-off-the-drawing-board seaplane variant.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Craft Files:

Victor

Sea Victor

"Close enough" deHavilland Vampire. Uses a down-rated J47 from AJE.

aVemIvCl.jpg

A passable F2H-1 Banshee (no tip tanks; need to redo wing root pods). 2x Nenes, with close enough performance to the J34s.

fn3nFInl.jpg

Something kinda like an X-15 (the early model with the XLR11s).

ZzT7KMSl.jpg

A cross between a Voodoo and a Starfighter. Fuselage of Zipper, wings of Voodoo.

mjiiokMl.jpg

Me P.1110 (with wingroot intakes). Downrated Nene.

Z2RW9RRl.jpg

Inspired by various British mid-century jets (influence from Bucc, Folland Gnat, others). Powered by a J47 (yeah, well).

UwndnKpl.jpg

EDIT: Oh crap some of these shots are from before I switched over to AJE. Text is correct; pix lie.

Edited by NathanKell

"Close enough" deHavilland Vampire. Uses a down-rated J47 from AJE.

Love your Vampire! Built a Vixen a few months ago on 2.3, have to see if I can find the file and put it up some time. I need to get AJE again too, think I used to use it, because a few of my slower planes do Mach 5 the second they hit 20km for no apparent reason.

Spent the rest of last night trying to rebuild TSR2, a cancelled cold war fighter, then went all strange and made an ahistoric Kiwi version with a big dome on the top. Probably lamb storage or something.

What is "AJE"?

screenshot22.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80346/Falcon-15f_a.craft

It's a real-ish plane, kind of loosely inspired by both f-15/f-18's.

It performs wonderfully, but if you want to have an interesting time, take it above 13km and try to do a hard banked turn*.

* I have managed to land it after this..event.. happens, twice even.

Made a mostly-accurate space shuttle and Boeing 747. It's really fun to fly, especially with FAR since it has functional flaps and

o_O

. I've since attached the shuttle to an EFT and boosters, and I can get it into orbit but keep missing the runway. Then, .23.5 came out and I'm not really paying attention to it anymore.

Edited by mythbusters844

Jup, really like to build aircraft. I'm really interested in militairy aircraft :)

Don't really care about building SSTOs.

So, this is about showing crafts: Here they are!

I will start with my first replica, the SR-71 . Doesn't look quite as good as some others here (waaaaay too much replicas of this one, lol), but it's mine and I like it :)

SR71Blackbird.png

Next is my Airliner, inspired by every modern day airliner.

Airliner.png

And then I turned to some more militairy craft, a plane inspired by the Eurofighter being the first one.

EurofightStandby.png

I use the old airfield across the sea as my militairy base, I have around ten to twelve aircraft on standby there in case a war will occur, including this one:

The Avro Vulcan inspired bomber. (And yes, it does carry a nuke)

AvroVulcan.png

I also created a Harrier VTOL recently:

HarrierVTOL.png

And today I created a Lockheed P-3 Orion, which I think is my best replica craft so far.

The latest version is capable of flying non-stop for one hour at 2000 meters above sealevel. That means it is able to cover 720 kilometers, which is 2/3 of Kerbin. I think it's quite impressive for a propeller plane :)

Here is a picture of it in the SPH:

P3Orion.png

Or course you need a picture above the sea, because it was designed as an anti-submarine craft. So, here it is:

P3Orion2.png

The crew still has fights about adding this plane to the Airforce... I heard very different reactions...

Hope you like them! If there is any interest, just let me know. I will post the craft files later then. :)

My next plane will be the C-130 Hercules, I think.

Edited by Djens58
spelling errors

• 2 weeks later...

Like your blackbird a lot! There was a British equivalent on the drawing boards for a while about a decade earlier, the Avro 730. It's a plane that's always fascinated me, messing about making a version of it with a few hundred artistic liberties today. Looked so space-age, I had to SSTO-ify it too :)

- Avro 730 Craft File - (needs KW Rocketry, Procedural Dynamics and B9 to work)

- Ascender SSTO Craft File - (needs KW Rocketry, Procedural Dynamics and B9 to work)

Edited by stanonwheels
imgur albums are so much nicer.

Had a go at a P.1154 too - think I might revisit it as soon as a decent VTOL mod pops up, the B9 bits are still a bit too broken to work properly with my other 5,000 mods ;)

- Craft File - (needs KW Rocketry, Procedural Dynamics, B9 and Firespitter to work)

1zeewzbpe1h7n1hfg.jpg

z2h47w8zo5eglonfg.jpg

Edited by stanonwheels

Let me introduce you the YF-12A, it was a prototype based on the platform of the A-12 (the base of the sr 71 too).

It was build to be the faster interceptor ever made, armed with 3 missiles, due to the modification of the nose for radar sistems the aerodinamic was changed, so it was necessary put fins under engines and under the tail. It was faster than sr 71, with at least 100km/h more, for a total maximum speed of 3700km/h.

My replica tryes to reproduce this plane better possiblem not only in design but also in performance, so my replica goes to a maximum speed of about 3800km/h and reach a max altitude of 24000m.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.