NathanKell

[1.0] CrossFeedEnabler v3.3 May 11

157 posts in this topic

Crossfeed Enabler

by NathanKell

A partmodule: adds a fuel crossfeed between the part it's added to, and the part this part is surface-attached to. Use it for radial tanks.

License CC-BY-SA

Installation: Extract to GameData. By default includes cfg to apply to radial RCS tanks, the mini radial RCS from Realism Overhaul, and all procedural wings. (NOTE: Requires ModuleManager, which by now you really should have.)

Download

Source on GitHub

To add to other parts:

Add:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}

to the cfg, or do it via MM.

For example, create a MM node and add it to some cfg.

@PART[YourPartNameHere]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
}

=================

Changelog:

=================

v3.3

* Recompiled for KSP 1.0 (thanks to Padishar and Angel-125)

* Toggling crossfeed applies to symmetry counterparts (thanks Angel-125)

Edited by NathanKell
1 person likes this

Pretty much. If you add this to a tank (say, the radial LF tank from KSPX) and then surface-attach that tank to your stack, fuel will flow in and out without having to clip a fuel line on.

Just wanted to let you know that your instructions are a little off. You have the module listed correctly for module manager, but for adding it to a part you put name = CrossFeedEnabler instead of name = ModuleCrossFeed. Took me a while to figure out what was going wrong. :D

Thanks for the plug in though! Also since I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to licensing; in order to redistribute it, say in my mod, do I just need to credit you or do I also need to link to the source?

Aw, flippety-flop. Fixed! Not even sure it warrants a point release, but why not.

I actually spent a good few hours myself wondering why it didn't work. Then I figured it out, changed my MM files, but didn't change my readme (or at least, didn't change it all the way). BLARGH.

You're most welcome! For inclusion, you do need to both credit me and link the source (or this thread, which has the source). Also, since it's SA, any changes you make to it must also be licensed as derivatives-allowed.

EDIT: That said, please do keep it in the same folder I do (so people don't end up with multiple copies) and please keep it up to date (heh, not that I expect to need to update this ever, except if a new KSP breaks it.)

Great little plugin, very useful! Thanks a lot.

I hope to make use of this plugin when I finally get my [redacted] together and make my first mod.

tl;dr, commenting for future use. :)

Hey, if people have other tanks they want this applied to--post your MM configs and I'll add it to the official release. That way only 1 person has to write the cfg :)

Here's the MM config for adding this to the KSPX radial tanks:

@PART[cl_radial_cylTankOxy]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
}

@PART[cl_radial_cylTankFuel]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
}

@PART[cl_radial_sphereTankFuel]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
}

@PART[cl_radial_sphereTankOxy]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCrossFeed
}
}

It works brilliantly! You can make really thin stages by attaching ModuleCrossFeeded radial tanks to a decoupler, and stacking an engine under the decoupler.

6DHG8Yvl.png

(Those are AIES legs, by the way)

Here's the MM config for adding this to the KSPX radial tanks:

~snip

It works brilliantly! You can make really thin stages by attaching ModuleCrossFeeded radial tanks to a decoupler, and stacking an engine under the decoupler.

http://i.imgur.com/6DHG8Yvl.png

(Those are AIES legs, by the way)

This looks neat!

Oh wait, spoiler? it works again?

Supernovy: cool! (And very nice mini-lander!)

Will add.

I cannot get CrossFeedEnabler to work with the KSPX tanks, I have tried SuperNovy's MM configs, and I have accidentally written my own, and I have tried module = CrossFeedEnabler for the configs as well, but no flow.

A while back there was (or maybe still is) an issue with KAS, where if you radially attached engines using the KAS grab/attach then you could never get fuel to flow into them. Would this mod solve that issue?

1 person likes this

I found this in my installs today, wondered what it was. What parts packs use this plugin?

NOT removing it, but it would be nice to see where it came from lol

Read have Read: what's in the tanks? Does it work for the other enabled tanks?

rottielover: not sure, since I don't know what the issue you're speaking of is caused by.

Pondafarr: It came from here, obvs.

Well, maybe some mod is bundling it? Dunno. I think at one point Orionkermin was using it for an Open Parts part?

I have just added support for this to my development version of KER (see thread linked in sig). It should now correctly simulate the fuel flow from the tanks both in flight and in the VAB/SPH...

Nathan, might be a good idea to add proceduralTankRealFuels to the default cfg now.

Good point.

Padishar: missed this, sorry. Awesome news!

Figured it out, it came bundled with Near Future pack.

v2 \/

*Add support for Stretchies and PP tanks.

*Add support for KSPX parts (Supernovy)

*Update to 0.24