[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

13 minutes ago, Runescope said:

If people are really desperate, the mod [x]Science will mostly do the same job as this one, though I like how this one works more than [x]Science.

[x]Science at Spacedock

But I'm not loosing hope for the update! As you said, Science Alert works better and for me, it makes exploring much more fun :) I don't need tabs with stats of what I've explored and I like how SA looks so simple for users and just does its job so well :-P

For the record in the mean time I am running a combination of [x] Science (to see what I have to get) and Automated Science Sampler (so I have less trouble finding the right things to push in a rush, but it feels kind of cheat-y and has a few bugs) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/95531-11-automatedsciencesampler-v104-22042016/

3 hours ago, Marrv said:

For the record in the mean time I am running a combination of [x] Science (to see what I have to get) and Automated Science Sampler (so I have less trouble finding the right things to push in a rush, but it feels kind of cheat-y and has a few bugs) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/95531-11-automatedsciencesampler-v104-22042016/

I included ForScience! also. Since Automated Science Sampler can't get all of the science from Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments.

8 minutes ago, Thornn said:

I'm using ForScience

I have not used ForScience yet. It seems to me that if ForScience only alerted the user when science was available and didn't automatically run the instruments to collect the data, then ForScience would be a suitable replacement for ScienceAlert. My question to you is, is there a setting in ForScience that allows the user to disable the auto-data-collection portion of the mod while still allowing ForScience to provide science alerts?

16 minutes ago, Six6igma said:

My question to you is, is there a setting in ForScience that allows the user to disable the auto-data-collection portion of the mod while still allowing ForScience to provide science alerts?

Good question, I just tried it out but it seems you can't do anything with the addon but turn it on and off...unless I am missing a setting somewhere.

There's also: 

It's the same as ForScience but with more options.  I love Science Alert more because I like actually like seeing the pop-ups, but this one rocks.  Now I don't even miss Science Alert...no offense.

Edited by Regfull

2 hours ago, Regfull said:

There's also: 

It's the same as ForScience but with more options.  I love Science Alert more because I like actually like seeing the pop-ups, but this one rocks.  Now I don't even miss Science Alert...no offense.

4 hours ago, Thornn said:

Good question, I just tried it out but it seems you can't do anything with the addon but turn it on and off...unless I am missing a setting somewhere.

5 hours ago, Six6igma said:

I have not used ForScience yet. It seems to me that if ForScience only alerted the user when science was available and didn't automatically run the instruments to collect the data, then ForScience would be a suitable replacement for ScienceAlert. My question to you is, is there a setting in ForScience that allows the user to disable the auto-data-collection portion of the mod while still allowing ForScience to provide science alerts?

18 hours ago, KronosHelix said:

I included ForScience! also. Since Automated Science Sampler can't get all of the science from Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments.

5 hours ago, Thornn said:

Some great addon suggestions here for grabbing some science, I'm using ForScience too in the meantime...but nothing can take the place of Science Alert :)

2 hours ago, Regfull said:

There's also: 

I think the bottom line is that nothing can really replace Science Alert and that @xEvilReeperx has made exactly what we all want out of a science collection mod. I am just fooling around in sandbox mode waiting patiently for science alert to update. I just can't bring my self to do the science grind I used. I have been forever spoiled. Science Alert is essential. 

53 minutes ago, Thornn said:

Fresh commits

Looks like it's getting there slowly but surely, and I'm excited for it. This mod makes KSP more like the way I imagined it would be, much like RSS and RO do for me. I can't imagine why Squad didn't implement an on-board computer and monitor with an interface where you can tab over to a science experiments window to configure and run experiments, or something other than right-clicking tiny science instruments. ScienceAlert is a powerful mod and has such vast potential for growth as well. I've been checking here a couple of times each day hoping to see a release. It seems like lately Squad is rolling out updates faster than modders can keep up with. I only hope this release of ScienceAlert for KSP 1.1 will work with this morning's latest KSP update 1.1.2 but I am in no position to be choosy. I'll take whatever version of ScienceAlert is released and match my KSP version to the Sciencealert version.

7 hours ago, Six6igma said:

It seems like lately Squad is rolling out updates faster than modders can keep up with. I only hope this release of ScienceAlert for KSP 1.1 will work with this morning's latest KSP update 1.1.2 but I am in no position to be choosy. I'll take whatever version of ScienceAlert is released and match my KSP version to the Sciencealert version.

If it works for 1.1 it should works with 1.1.2. The bug fixes haven't affected any mod I know of right now.

58 minutes ago, Da_Pedro said:

I'm searching a way to give him a donation for his amazing work (not much, but without his add on the game is not the same). I can't find a way to do it, any clue ? 

First page, half way down OP post. dont want to link it myself as can easily be changed.

I donate my best wishes & would happily help (got time on my hands and can get my head around nearly everything) but can not donate any funds as I have none

If we really appreciate ScienceAlert as much as we all say, we should be using the "Like" and "Donate" buttons a lot more than we are.

The best remedy to feeling burnt out can be knowing that people appreciate it enough to give a few dollars.

With that in mind, I just sent some Anti-Burnout fuel via PayPal. ;P

ScienceAlert is a great addition to the game. OP deserves a lot more than what I can afford for this work.

I know we all want to be positive and say nice things in hope it will "inspire" the OP to get the update out, but I will say what most are thinking: man the update to this Mod is taking a LONG time. 

57 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

I know we all want to be positive and say nice things in hope it will "inspire" the OP to get the update out, but I will say what most are thinking: man the update to this Mod is taking a LONG time. 

Was it really necessary to post this?  It just sounds entitled and is useless to the community.

You have no idea what's going on in the OPs life, what he's up to, etc.  He takes his own personal time to update a mod that augments your game.  you can wait and be patient.  there's a difference between enthusiasm and appreciation vs. entitlement and whining, your post is the latter. 

5 hours ago, Wyldhunt said:

If we really appreciate ScienceAlert as much as we all say, we should be using the "Like" and "Donate" buttons a lot more than we are.

The best remedy to feeling burnt out can be knowing that people appreciate it enough to give a few dollars.

With that in mind, I just sent some Anti-Burnout fuel via PayPal. ;P

ScienceAlert is a great addition to the game. OP deserves a lot more than what I can afford for this work.

Four people on this page alone have donated. That's four more than I have seen in my 3 years playing KSP. 

58 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Was it really necessary to post this?  It just sounds entitled and is useless to the community.

You have no idea what's going on in the OPs life, what he's up to, etc.  He takes his own personal time to update a mod that augments your game.  you can wait and be patient.  there's a difference between enthusiasm and appreciation vs. entitlement and whining, your post is the latter. 

We will have to agree to disagree.  If the OP is not going to update the Mod then it would be great if he would say so.  There are others that would gladly take it over and update it, but until he would state that he is not going to update it people are not going to step in and step on his toes.