[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

@milosv123344 Hello!  That is very odd but again I have not attempted to run it with KSP v1.2.2.  Have you attempted to do the same with KSP v1.2.0?  If so, did you get the same FPS drop?  After trying with KSP v1.2.0 here is what I recommend that you try the following which was happening to @String Witch with the Mun:

On 12/26/2016 at 6:56 PM, String Witch said:

I experienced poor performance near the Mun (when PQS textures were loaded and under physics; framerate jumped up again during timewarp) and looking for things that might cause this I found that SteepTexEnd in KSPRC.cfg for Mun was set higher than any other body at 150000 (next highest was 100000), and the normal map texture (under KSPRC\Terrain\lunarsoil_NRM.dds) was 2048x2048 while all the others were 1024x1024, giving it a x5 larger filesize.

I resized the texture down to 1024x1024 and changed the SteepTexEnd value to 100000. I'm not sure if only one of these needs to be done but I did both and my framerate near/on the surface of Mun doubled (9-10 to 22-26 with an approx. 60 part ship). The texturing of distant terrain also looks sharper (I guess since the tiles are smaller). Here are before and after shots (above and below respectively):

867c523c49.jpg

2927bed315.jpg

Edit: Closeup terrain looks worse, but at least in my case the performance increase is so big it's worth it.

So, @linuxgurugamer, you might want to do this too as a performance fix if you update and redistribute the mod.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:56 PM, milosv123344 said:

Hi, i downloaded this mod, and use it on 1.2.2 with the instructions provided by THX-1138, it works, and it improves the graphics and some textures considerably. However, my fps dropped to nearly 10-15 on ground level on Kerbin with crafts of any size, this should not be happening on an i7 4770k, 8gb ram, and a gtx970. Please tell me how to fix this if possible besides deleting the mod? Thank you

Turn off the...frack...what is it...layer volume I think. I think it's ALT+F12 to get the menu. Turn off the layer volume for every cloud layer (I think there's three).

The clouds won't look as great but your FPS should recover (not brilliantly though, YMMV).

Sorry for asking this out of the blue--has anyone figured out what you need to do to fix the "blackened world" glitch in the science data reports section? Where all the worlds are blacked out except for their outlines?

I'm sure it's one of the mods in KSPRC that's doing it, I'm just not sure which one (or if it's correctable). I'll post a graphic of the glitch. 

On 1/17/2017 at 11:35 PM, THX-1138 said:

@milosv123344 Hello!  That is very odd but again I have not attempted to run it with KSP v1.2.2.  Have you attempted to do the same with KSP v1.2.0?  If so, did you get the same FPS drop?  After trying with KSP v1.2.0 here is what I recommend that you try the following which was happening to @String Witch with the Mun:

The textures in my folder are all 1024x1024, the SteepTexEnd value on kerbin is already at 100000 :/

On 1/24/2017 at 2:42 AM, Starfire70 said:

Turn off the...frack...what is it...layer volume I think. I think it's ALT+F12 to get the menu. Turn off the layer volume for every cloud layer (I think there's three).

The clouds won't look as great but your FPS should recover (not brilliantly though, YMMV).

Alt+f12 is the cheat menu, i didn't find anything there regarding "layer volume" sadly, any other idea? 
Thanks for responding guys :)

44 minutes ago, milosv123344 said:

The textures in my folder are all 1024x1024, the SteepTexEnd value on kerbin is already at 100000 :/

Alt+f12 is the cheat menu, i didn't find anything there regarding "layer volume" sadly, any other idea? 
Thanks for responding guys :)

Alt f10 then toggle the layer volume.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, yorshee said:

Does this mod work for 1.2? I installed it but none of the visual effects show up. I had all the dependencies installed but still nothing works.

parts of it work. For example I use the terrains for Kerbin and Mun and they show up fine like in my v1.1.3 install since they use Texture Replacer (make sure you have the latest RangeMachine version). But the Scatterer and EVE configs will be woefully out of date and probably mostly if not completely incompatible.

Proot is still around, hopefully he will make a comeback soon.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Please Halp! I almost managed to  make ksprc work in 1.2! Just need scaterer configs, one that included in the KSPRC pack doesnt work. Maybe someone has a working config file?

Dont need anymore, i found one.

7 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

Can you Show me how to download this? i tried to download it with the mods instructions and i got the Stock Kerbin texture.

8 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

Hey man, post an installation tutorial... I followed previous posted guides but it doesnt look so beautiful to me!

Follow the normal download instructions then update kopernicus, texture replacer and the most recent EVE. Then it should work 

15 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Follow the normal download instructions then update kopernicus, texture replacer and the most recent EVE. Then it should work 

Do i keep the suits and heads from the original Texture Replacer? and can i have download links to the updated files if they are updated?

Edited by Starslinger999

On 1/3/2017 at 6:04 AM, sDaZe said:

Could you be more precise? Did you update just EVE kopernicus and texture replacer?  Havent you updated also scatter and other visual mods?

To update EVE have you copied the bouldeCo. folder from any-cpu-configs zip to GameData or in GameData/ KSPRC folder?  They contain the same folders. Do you completely delete them?

On 3/2/2017 at 5:47 PM, Ginlucks said:

Could you be more precise? Did you update just EVE kopernicus and texture replacer?  Havent you updated also scatter and other visual mods?

To update EVE have you copied the bouldeCo. folder from any-cpu-configs zip to GameData or in GameData/ KSPRC folder?  They contain the same folders. Do you completely delete them?

Hello @Ginlucks

Research is a beautiful thing.  Just one on page 129 (just one page behind) I had posted the following:

1- Install a fresh version of KSP v 1.2.0 or 1.2.2 without any other mods. 

2 - Install KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that work with KSP v1.2.0 or above:

5- Run KSP v1.2.0 or 1.2.2 with only KSPRC and test if it works now.

Edited by THX-1138

8 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

Hello @Ginlucks

Research is a beautiful thing.  Just one on page 129 (just one page behind) I had posted the following:

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that work with KSP v1.2.0 or above:

I done this request because following this steps my ksp doesnt look like it as I said in previous post

On 5/3/2017 at 7:52 AM, THX-1138 said:

Hello @Ginlucks

Hi, I'll show you my procedure, I think I have done all you wrote correctly:

xMQg5KJ.png

afwdRpI.png

Here I also deleted Kopernicus expansion inside KSPRC folder

qbEB0Ez.png

1CUp57M.png

that's how beautiful it looks...... help!

oRQI1XF.png

ELZn4yw.png

v1B6O3m.png

Edited by Ginlucks

1 hour ago, Ginlucks said:

This mod has its own clouds if I remember right inside KSPRC. Try removing only the BoulderCo folder.

Edited by Spin

21 hours ago, Spin said:

This mod has its own clouds if I remember right inside KSPRC. Try removing only the BoulderCo folder.

It doesnt work

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Ginlucks remove the additional Module manager in your game data. You should only have 2.7.5, then try running the game

it changes the loading screen but nothing else :(

1 hour ago, Ginlucks said:

It doesnt work

it changes the loading screen but nothing else :(

Strange, a week ago made it work without problems. I even eliminated the clouds from this mod by the EVE stock to win frames leaving the spectacular terrain textures.
Keep trying.

Hello @Ginlucks:

Attempt to do the same but skip this:

Here I also deleted Kopernicus expansion inside KSPRC folder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.