--

neoblade1624

Done. I took the question about "basics" to mean general spacecraft assembly, getting to orbit the first time, etc.

I would say that things such as Docking, dV management, aero/litho braking generally fall under the "advanced" category, and took me much longer to get my head wrapped around. I completely agree with XKCD's little graph about understanding orbital mechanics. I have learend so much more in my time playing KSP than I ever did in my physics classes (sorry professor.) At the same time, I'm able to do more advanced things in KSP because those physics classes gave me the basic tools needed to comprehend the reasons behind why stuff happens the way it does in orbital mechanics and energy transfers.

Huzzah.

I would say that things such as Docking, dV management, aero/litho braking generally fall under the "advanced" category, and took me much longer to get my head wrapped around.

I totally agree about most of that, but I must be some kind of genius, because I figured out lithobraking in the first five minutes :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.