[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

• 1 month later...

Hi. Nice mod you have here, good models and all... I'm using the latest B9 aerospace Release 6.0.0 (updated 16.02.16) and i noticed that the textures are no longer in their right positions. I believe you are using the b9 textures. Anybody who has a solution to this? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rushligh said:

I'll see what i can about about updating the engines. I never use B9 mk2 parts though (and i suggest you don't either. there are so many better expansions for classic mk2)

they seem unnesesary when used with mk2 expansion by suicidal insanity, but... i dont see whats soo bad about them. they have the B9 texture, if anything there a bit redundant, considering the fact that i already have a mk2 expansion.

Im mostly concerned about the propellers. sadly, i don't think i can update them. they all refer to textures and properties of a previous B9 pack with discontinued parts, and use fixes no longer relevant to 1.0+
If someone wants to update the cockpits though they should be able to. the rest is far-gone though.
(also I'm to lazy to update cockpit part's ill never use)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, Rushligh said:

Im mostly concerned about the propellers. sadly, i don't think i can update them. they all refer to textures and properties of a previous B9 pack with discontinued parts, and use fixes no longer relevant to 1.0+
If someone wants to update the cockpits though they should be able to. the rest is far-gone though.
(also I'm to lazy to update cockpit part's ill never use)

How difficult would it be to get an older version of B9 do you think? Or to make new textures? I really like those propellers. Especially the one that folds into wings.

• 2 months later...
On 03/03/2016 at 3:53 PM, Rushligh said:

I'll see what i can about about updating the engines. I never use B9 mk2 parts though (and i suggest you don't either. there are so many better expansions for classic mk2)

very kind of you to do this, will this include the helicopter rotors?

On 6/1/2016 at 11:36 AM, andreasblom said:

very kind of you to do this, will this include the helicopter rotors?

i looked into it.... it's not happening. turns out all those B9 engines have equivalents in Quiztech, KAX, or other mods.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rushligh well, helicopter rotors from this mod are unique, as far as I can tell.
Sure, KAX has small nose propellers but I never saw any helicopter propellers of that texture quality (Firespitter one are great but textures are far from ideal :P)

It would be great if someone would rebuild this.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Would it work if i remove the rotors?

because i just want the cockpits

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, but could be made to work with some legwork. The issue is that the cockpits largely are based of the B9 Mk2 cockpit which has been since classified as Legacy (and lives in the B9 Legacy mod now). This mod's cockpit textures all reference that cockpit (by and large) and thus the paths are broken. (Also, this mod apparently lives inside of the B9 folder, which is weird.) You would need to download the B9 Legacy Pack, then fix the model paths and make them point to the new directory. This mod also has a B9 "fixer patch" which probably should be removed.

The real question is: how bad do you want the cockpits?

Clear?

1 hour ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Well the one i want is that awesome futuristic fighter one

EDIT:

I think it was called the Mk15 tandem fighter cockpit.

Well, you're in luck, because I had some time to kill, so I updated the cockpits (and just the cockpits). Funnily enough, most of the cockpits are named Mk1-2 Tandem Cockpit Trainer....

I did quite a number of other changes (like rearranging the entire folder structure and moving it out of B9 to live in its own folder, like it should). I'll redistribute the cockpit files with the patch (about to test it in a second), otherwise it won't work.

Okay.... so I spoke too soon. The "about to test..." went bad. Real bad. I spent hours on this and it should have taken 30 minutes. I can't for the life of me figure it  out, but it's long since exceeded my "zone of caring." I'm pretty stubborn and these parts are pretty nice, but I don't know man, right now, things are looking pretty bleak.:(

• 2 months later...

I just read these couple of posts have a couple of questions.Is the aircraft carrier thing still alive if yes give ME!!!The

arrestor thing could I have some thing more detailed or a video.The launching system any word on that?

On 6/5/2014 at 9:12 PM, PolecatEZ said:

Those parts are part of the D12 expansion. The updated B9 will have their own couple of new things added, and a lot of optimization for the base package.

-------

In other news, the engine will be revisited...I saw some concepts for the new Chinese carriers and got a little excited. Shakedown trials for the basic hull parts are going well. Time to make a riser and carrier deck...

carrier_Test.png

Base hull is about 30m wide built in 24m long sections. The riser will add about 3 more meters in height and 12 more in width if you use the pairs, but the deck will fit snuggly without the risers also. Elevators will be centerline (USS Lexington style). The screws will be a single piece for now, each with a built-in rudder, and running on electric which you can power by KSPI nuclear reactors, microwave beam, solar + battery, or an included ICE generator.

Also got a catapult animated, but I'm really not giving it much chance of success. Basically the aircraft sets its front gear in front of an animated collider plate and the pilot triggers the animation which is set to snap forward. Chances are it will obliterate the aircraft - I'll find out later today. Plan B is to have an animated ski jump you can extend or retract flat.

Arresting cables are cheated a bit. You can use a single landing gear of your choice attached to the rear of your aircraft with the break on, and your other gears are out but breaks off. In testing this stopped the aircraft in about 5 meters of runway. The deck plates will have a mesh-switching option to look like a cable setup from a French ACC concept I saw somewhere.

On 6/5/2014 at 11:08 PM, PolecatEZ said:

For a dirty arrestor hook, try this:

- Put a landing gear on the rear of your aircraft, 1 or 2 as you wish.

- Remove it from the "gear" and "break" action groups.

- Add it to its own action group, put both toggle break and toggle gear actions on this group.

When you land, put down your gear/flaps/airbrakes/swing wings as normal. Trigger the arrestor group also. Do not otherwise put on the breaks. Get your airspeed to under 40-50 and you land with an identical profile to an arrestor wire landing. Start tapping "b" as soon as you touch down, which should alternate between regular gear breaks and arrestor group breaks until stopped. Then pull up your arrestor group. Profit.

On 6/6/2014 at 11:29 AM, PolecatEZ said:

carrier_Test.png

She's getting close. There's 3 of about 12 alternate deck patterns, and I haven't done the risers yet with about 12-18 more meters on the width. I did get a side-loading door done for the main hull pieces. Elevator is about half done, though I can't decide between centerline and mid-deck models.

Designing the parts in such a way that you can strip out the mass, flip the hull parts upside down and stack them, and have a nice starship also.

These are quoted for the above post forgot to add them

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.