[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

It is the green square/rectangle things under your name and title. You give them by clicking on the star at the bottom left of one's post. You get them by posting cool things. It it like karma on Reddit, only a bit harder to get.

WPOA94t.png

An old F-15 buzzing the trees

voqrBAK.png

A bomber for InfiniteDice's new weapon mod, now ineffective due to some part clipping bugs :(

TQI9RZy.png

P-51 shooting down the aforementioned bomber

PkYvWdN.png

An old tank using DYJ gatlinggun that does wheelies!

KGCzUKM.png

A favorite of my own crafts, the Ostrich VTOL

There is also a LAGG-3 and a La-15-ish that I have no screenshots of ATM (but maybe soon, if I get any remarkable kills with them :))

Alright! Been toying with planes for a week or two now. I decided to make long-range planes, but they turned out to no go very far. So then I decided to fly out fuel planes to multiple destinations. I've never been good at making larger and heavier planes, but I've finally done it!

Here is the "Enabler FT"

Action group 1 activate the forward vertical thrusters and the group 2 toggles the back landing wheels so the craft can pivot up for very short runway takeoffs. (Crucial when you're traversing rough terrain) I use KAS for the fuel transfer. A one-kerbal job.

IOuhB5L.png

3TB3p36.png

K8M4D2r.png

So, that was pretty cool right? I ask myself shortly after I had used it for a real flight and fuel transfer for my south pole missions, could I make it bigger? Better? More Awesome?!?!? The answer was yes!

I give you, *drumroll*

the "Oasis SFT"

It uses the same principles as it's predecessor, and actually more efficiently if I say so myself. It's been tested and proven. Capable of cruising at 7-10 km at half throttle to save fuel, short landings and takeoffs, and a seriously large fuel payload.

twkzLjf.png

P9mPdd6.png

99Qyse8.png

Here it is on it's maiden voyage to KSC 2, with fuel remainder shown.

Xi5dXHy.png

DPYHqxX.png

c3SaSAT.png

When KSP enables multiplayer, I am already planning on making mid-flight refueling versions of these with the help of KAS (and a VERY brave kerbal lol) I hope you enjoy!

I was thinking this deserves a lot more rep, at least for all the hours i have spent building and modify it (i think about 50 hours maybe and 30 different versions on my save files XD). It has like 600 downloads but nobody told me yet how she flies: good?, bad? she should have more stability? or more speed? or different aesthetics?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by eorin

The shuttlecraft that started them all: the SSI Ion (Type-1 Shuttlecraft) Amphibious VTOL capable of undocking at 120km, landing at KSC, and going back up to 120km for re-docking without refueling. The Tesler roadster of the skies, this is SSI's first true shuttlecraft, and the spacecraft that became an inspiration for dozens of engineers. Nothing short of revolutionary when first published, this was the first practical mini SSTO that anyone ever developed in KSP - a counter to Wackjob's projects and a challenge to Levelord's Amphibious VTOL, it set off a design race that exist this very day, to see who can squeeze parts into small footprints while still looking aesthetically pleasing and something you'd want attach to your ship or station.

The Proton III was the next rep-worthy mention, this time capable of landing on mostly any body in the system:

Edited by inigma

Well, I have a few crafts that did very well, and others that didn't get the attention I hoped for. But if there's one thing I'm proud of, is that I touch pretty much everything (or at least I try to):

FYhwmwl.png

zgJhr17.png

3zYypMf.png

NpiE2F9.png

7TAB8Mk.png

hH2caas.jpg

qDUVUcB.png

0xrR6dz.png

kZ8K5vv.png

... perhaps with a "slight" emphasis on SSTO's ^^'

Rune. All available at R-SUV!

Edited by Rune
Updated some craft to their newest versions :)

I've just started up a company to supply Career-mode stock and MechJeb controlled Rockets and Spaceplanes, these are the first 3:

Maximum Returns 1:

9849926AAA82EA808E26A4E3D264568214A1C333

Maximum Returns 2:

3C55FA9A2728AAE8017055363C701B09BB425FC7

Maximum Returns 3 (which is really versatile for a ship with only 3 tech nodes unlocked!):

E315B4F059D03FAA946D15D7639E8E8CB6F79009

And just today, I filled a request for a Mig-19 that flies pretty well (To be honest, it's amazing - I'm not the best spaceplane pilot, but this thing got me to the island runway and back a couple of times, then I decided to fit 'rockets' to it, which turned out to be more like guided bombs...)

A25E759135ED2F5C69E9A6B4741A8C55637BEC3C

Weaponised:

8F52C703B0297D31BB427AA3C8D76362280F69FA

All are available from my company page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77936-A-new-company-arrives-on-the-scene

My latest SSTO with excellent flight abilities and enough dV to manage a roundtrip from runway around the mun and back to the KSC.

eTpFFms.png

jvGCr4l.png

My most complex craft so far... a complete base consisting of lander, habitat, kethane drill and converter, power system, science system and floodlight tower. It also carried 2 rovers wich could be connected to form a construction vehicle. 4 kerbals landed with the base. And after finishing the mission, the middle section of the ship was separated from the rest of the base via decouplers and served as ascension vehicle.

0FJXPjI.png

lnGatZa.png

BEA5TnY.png

CCmIIyU.png

s7P8Y4n.png

xAyXNXU.png

My best SSTO-VTOL, built for the Duna mission. It is not able to reach orbit on kerbin due to the lack of jet engines, but it can make a descent from duna orbit and get back up without refueling.

It carries 6 kerbals and 4 big KAS containers.

gV5zNvo.png

TwNe7j4.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.