[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Ok, so craft I'm quite a proud of. . . I have a few:

This is the latest, hydrofoil capable of moving 10,000 units of Kethane around at 150m/s + with a range that will get you half way round Kerbin.

3FCF8549924CA0526EF7FED36B572D73F4698367

I think this is my best SSTO to date which I called "Extended Orbital Operations". . . looks pretty, is quite light at 17 ton launch weight and makes orbit with almost 1500 m/s of DeltaV left for mucking about in Kerbin orbit. . . I've also sent 2 to Laythe

CB59CDDB7EF3DD059AD09B88CB558EBFC4357628

I like my Ion Roid pusher but this isn't the best picture

6FCCBC49E0F55061A2654DDB1717D65612D21CEF

This one isn't pretty. . . however this SSTO weighs 12.5 tons and can lift 5.5 tons of payload (that contributes nowt to the lifting) to kerbin orbit. Almost 1:1 lift body to payload ratio ain't bad!

8D84F9024EB0047D64D1092CA2A21E5E3039D669

This is my Single Stage to Laythe:

AEE4E0A9D2C027F0B5B8AD665C92136E63FB2A71

This is just a little plane, its not especially useful but it flies like a dream and looks nice

867C16ECA52A5297F8D5CBF4F795936A9149D76F

Finally I really like my "rocket-hopping" rover for low Grav bodies:

F5DA7947266CC6691550D9C8B8E5BAD46C8E15B7

1AA9723759F96DC061B6662266642014F61DA48A

My intergalactic VTOL.

Runs on 1 Tellurium engine for takeoff, and 3 for lateral movement.

Once it's going, the tellurium engines really shine, as they run on the radioactive decay of tellurium... so they last awhile, at a low (ish) thrust. Since they can burn SOOO long, you can go VERY fast over time, simply because of how long they burn. Thrust is 300 Stock, I went into the code and lowered them to 225 so the craft handles better in vtol mode. Basically Jet engines for space.

"Uh.. is it too late to say I forgot something? I need to go back."

80810d1399253986-official-kerbal-space-program-thread-screen-shot-2014-05-03-11.54.20-pm.png

This is what I mean by burns a long time. I burnt engines at full throttle for 8 hours to achieve this speed. Given it had a TON of fuel, way more than necessary, and was passed the effects of gravity.

80812d1399253986-official-kerbal-space-program-thread-screen-shot-2014-05-03-11.54.27-pm.png

Well... I DID recover him with a small pod... took awhile to get out there though.

80811d1399253986-official-kerbal-space-program-thread-screen-shot-2014-05-03-11.54.49-pm.png

Just some cool looking pics.

80685d1399141350-official-kerbal-space-program-thread-screen-shot-2014-05-03-1.15.33-pm.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I made this some months ago. It got me 0.1337 seconds of fame. I'm quite proud of it, I could say it's my KSP masterpiece, along my 5 shuttles which are seriously Awsome (with a big capital "A"). Don't wan't to sound bad, but they are extremely cool. Oh and I don't have the pics. Dumb me, huh? No pics, no clicks, no reps.

The Journeyman, a dedicated heavy interplanetary drive system for major expeditions

ksZErOx.png

TranStar's HSOC-108 Kestrel employee shuttle

screenshot1071.png

TranStar Voyager long range exploration carrier with two HSCC-108 Whitefang scout ships

z4E6AdF.png

zbrE2Dx.png

TranStar's IPEC Excursion docked with the Wayfarer interplanetary drive vessel

Js2uV8h.png

HSTAC Banshee

R5cITGP.png

HSTAC Silverhawk

screenshot123.png

DV-102 Sherpa light rover dropship

screenshot38.png

screenshot459_edit.png

AACT-104 Starlance

screenshot916.png

• 2 weeks later...

My most recent space station (which is also on the space station thread). My largest one yet!

Phoenix Station - All stock minus one removable MechJeb for part count and weight stats.

Completed station took 9 major docking operations not including refueling. Mass is approximately 600t dry and 1300t wet with a part count of just over 600. It has habitation space for 384 kerbals plus a major lab module.

I can remove the service module and the wet mass would drop by ~20 tons but would save ~60 parts. I only really needed it for the major docking operations, but left it on afterward. (It's the small piece at the end with the LV-Ns on it, on the tip of the docking hub.)

And in a similar vein as Shna_na's rugged rover/buggy, here is a medical rescue vehicle I built for another challenge (that had nothing to do with medical rescue). It has space for a driver and medic, plus space for two injured kerbals. It's capable of withstanding 3 to 4x timewarp over most terrain and can survive a 4x timewarp crash. This particular slideshow is of it driving to the north pole.

Edited by Claw

Kerbatar 2, now proudly presented in its just-completed glory!

screen11.jpg

It includes a common area and private quarters for up to 8 Kerbals, a mobule lab, and four landers, two of which are crewed, with space to add more. Its modular fuel and propulsion system allows it to be configured for missions to various planets.

Also today I made an SSTO rocket with an 80-ton payload capacity:

screen10.jpg

UV-2B 'Bear' Kethane Lander/Miner/Convertor/Transport. Rotation servos give it horizontal and vertical flight capability, grappling hooks to mine on slopes, and on-site conversion capabilities. Undocks from orbital refinery with 10% LFO, lands on Minmus, fills up its LFO/Mono tanks with converted Kethane, then tops off on unconverted Kethane, returns to refinery to offload LFO and convert remaining Kethane. The 'Bear' mining rigs are the ones that actually do the refining in orbit; they just transfer the refined products to the tanker docked there. The station is just a couple of habitation modules, solar panels, and docking ports for a place to rendezvous in Minmus orbit.

UV-2BBearMiningonMinmus004_zps904b9921.png

UV-2BBearMiningonMinmus001_zpsc13345d0.png

SV-2A 'Brigantine' fuel tanker docked on one side of my 'Sky Dock' (again, small station, just a rendezvous point for larger spacecraft) while it fuels a fully constructed EV-3B 'Longship' interplanetary science vessel. The 'Longship' has integrated science experiments and mobile lab, and two docking ports for LV-4 'Runabout' atmo-landers. In an emergency, the powerplant module can be undocked and the main module can be pushed by the pair of docked landers. Between the docked landers is a fuel tank able to refuel both landers once, as well as emergency solar panels to power the main module. This is the second EV-3 I built in orbit (the A-model had serious shortcomings, lol) and it's on it's way to Duna. Kudos to Kerbal Attachment System; it makes orbital construction EVAs a little more realistic, practical and fun.

28FuelingtheLongship_zps93eab0c5.png

Coasting after my gravity-assist burn around the Mun to Duna

12EV-3BCoastingBeyondtheMun_zps535329f4.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.