[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

1 hour ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen I also noticed something yesterday during the INMARSAT launch, the "Falcon 9" logo and american flag are on both sides of the interstage.

C_3-zfSXUAETo-d.jpg

Eh yes I know that lol. I know it's not implemented yet and I probably won't, I amwaiting for Block 5 to finally fly before I work on any serious overhauls..

9 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen I also noticed something yesterday during the INMARSAT launch, the "Falcon 9" logo and american flag are on both sides of the interstage.

C_3-zfSXUAETo-d.jpg

Ok I tried making my own fairing design, but I don't know how to make sure the design is centered. How do you do that?

Also, I changed my name from Commander223323 to SpaceEnthusiast23. Commander223323 sounded arrogant.

2 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

Ok I tried making my own fairing design, but I don't know how to make sure the design is centered. How do you do that?

Also, I changed my name from Commander223323 to SpaceEnthusiast23. Commander223323 sounded arrogant.

You can estimate the centre of the fairing by looking at the other fairing logos (I think DSCOVR and Jason will work particularly well for this) and then just paint your new logo on the blank fairing. You can also layer the blank and the other fairing with logo and make that a bit transparent to find the center.

5 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You can estimate the centre of the fairing by looking at the other fairing logos (I think DSCOVR and Jason will work particularly well for this) and then just paint your new logo on the blank fairing. You can also layer the blank and the other fairing with logo and make that a bit transparent to find the center.

Ok thanks. I'll try making a fairing again.

1 hour ago, Kerbiter said:

@Kartoffelkuchen I have been messing around with Launchers Pack, scaling it down to fit stock KSP (2.5m!!), but the new, better landing legs won't budge. What's going on with this?

And you scaled them properly (rescaleFactor)? Or do you try to press 'G' button to make them extend retract? If that's the case, well, you'll need to layer a custom action group for them because they do not actually work like legs. So you have to in the VAB click on them and select Gear action group and put the toggle leg action from the legs into that group. Hope that helps

24 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

And you scaled them properly (rescaleFactor)? Or do you try to press 'G' button to make them extend retract? If that's the case, well, you'll need to layer a custom action group for them because they do not actually work like legs. So you have to in the VAB click on them and select Gear action group and put the toggle leg action from the legs into that group. Hope that helps

I did rescale factor the 1st time and it didn't work.

Also, I haven't tried them, but thank you. I was talking about how they stayed the same size.

Edited by Kerbiter

I have a few questions.

1. When do you start the gravity turn. I know it's a beginner's question, but I need the info for future reference

2. What is the right rescale factor for LazTek's dragon? I'm trying to fit it on KK's falcon 9, but I don't know the right number.

3. Where do I find the subassemblies?

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

On 5/25/2017 at 5:51 PM, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

I have a few questions.

1. When do you start the gravity turn. I know it's a beginner's question, but I need the info for future reference

2. What is the right rescale factor for LazTek's dragon? I'm trying to fit it on KK's falcon 9, but I don't know the right number.

3. Where do I find the subassemblies?

Start your gravity turn at about ~100 m/s, and be at 45 degrees by 18 kilometers if your planning an RTLS, if not do 12, and be flat by 55km, hopefully the second stage by then

1.2 for anything that's at 0.85 rescale factor, 1.454 for the rest should work ok, just try around that until it fits.

There are no subassemblies, but you can get the craft by moving the .craft files in the mod folder to your VAB folder inside the Ships folder.

I hope this helped!

Edited by HiThere!2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.