(V.20) (KSP 0.23.5): The Nuclear Lord Incorporated Mod

Lord DC

The Nuclear Lord Incorporated Mod

V.05 For KSP 0.23.5

What does it do?

This mod aims to create an endgame technology revolving around making it more fun to play.:D

In short, it adds a few nuclear tech related engines which are powerful, expensive, and tough.:cool:

At the moment, it has no plugins or custom models, or textures for that matter, though that is why i'm seeking help!:wink:

What does it add?

This mod adds a new node in the career mode tree, named Nuclear Lord Inc's Tech. It is a powerful endgame tech, requiring a huge investment of science and missions (and also money).

This unlocks the NL - DC - 300 Nuclear Engine, the most efficient engine ever seen. It also adds the 2.5 Meter size, which is claimed as being more powerful than that puny RMax Mainsail.:P

It also adds two renditions of the Ion engine: a fusion engine which produces helium (realistic) as a byproduct, good for use with another engine, and a fission one (uses laser) that produces Helium as a result...

Resources? it adds U-235, or Uranium, which is fully compatible with and won't break Interstellar. It is a PROPER fuel for the NL - DC engines. Don't go trying Liquid fuel and Oxygen, it won't work.

For the Fission/Fusion Engines, there's Helium and Hydrogen, respectively.

How do I get the Tech for these engines?

You get the tech by FIRSTLY researching Nuclear Propulsion. Then you see the new node appear a few inches away. You can stare at the price all you want and drool at the technology.

The node costs a whopping... wait for it... 20,000 Science points!!!:cool::cool::sticktongue::confused::D

(sorry about Jeb expression spamming)

It is probably the most expensive science research ever, only slightly off from being more than all of Interstellar's Science Nodes, combined.

Change log

V. 0.20: Added SLS sized Engines and Containers. They also have funny descriptions and names.

V. 0.05: Added a Read Me in the zip. Bugfixes and removed "Science" from parts folder

V. 0.04: Tweaked Engine power. Changed descriptions. Added 2.5 M Nuclear Engine and Tanks (listed ingame as NL - DC - 4000 Nuclear Engine). Initial Public Release.

V. 0.03: Added Classified Declassified Engines (the Ion engine dupes... sorta)

V. 0.02: Fixed Nuclear Engine being so fuel hungry it could eat a Mun

V. 0.01: Initial "release" (Private mod back then)

Feel free to give suggestions or take me up on the textures/models offer! could be a fun side project for you!:D

License:

You are allowed to modify this content for your personal use, develop additional parts/ models, whatever.

I, the Author, am NOT, I repeat, NOT Liable for any damage caused to your gamesave, computer, or otherwise because of this mod.

You can make this mod comp. with yours, or develop additional parts, but please ask me first before releasing, OK?:)

You, the User, can post screens, whatever media using this mod.

If you use this as part of your modpack just link to my page, OK? and ask permission, always ask permission.

EDIT: Oops, forgot download link

Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lewcgkkz159epu/DC%27s_Mod.rar

Redownload if glitches, i fixed it

Screenshots:

A Space Station built using the Engines (fuel tug is Uranium)

screenshot7.png

Have Fun!!!:cool::D:wink:

Edited by Lord DC
Update

Dev Note time!

These happen every Friday and concern the mod, and other mods that i make.

Right now I'm working on a seperate mod which will either be called DC's Planet Pack, or Gas Giants Galore. it currently has a gas giant and a second Sun, which will have lots more gas giants.

As for this mod, i am working on full Lazor Weapons support, you early downloaders may have seen a folder named "Science" inside the parts folder which contained two nuke warheads.

It will soon have more than that !:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.