Astronomer's Visual pack V3 BETA is out and it looks great!

Kasper, Majorjim didn't make the pack so it's not really a showcase... is it?

Well, it is an Imgur album, but he posted it to spread the news about Astronomer's awesome pack. So it should probably go in Add-on Affairs, this isn't a download post. :)

How do I remove the atmosphere-like glow from the Mun without removing the yellowish colour? I've tried messing around with the Alt-N menu but nothing seems to do the trick. Thanks in advance.

actually sorry to bother you again but i tried to follow the installation instructions to the letter ( with the 2x clouds and maximum textures). none of the clouds are volumetric and fluffy. i need your help modding sir! :(

here is a picture

They won't render volumetric from the ground (unless you like liquid proccessors). They are volumetric. Fly down in those ones over the mountains.

I don't see the point of glow over bodies without atmosphere

If it's the same as with BetterAtmospheres then it makes terminator much more visible. Looks way better than stock.

I'm using BA (v2 or v3, I don't remember), but I'll definitely try this pack as well. Looks beautiful!

They won't render volumetric from the ground (unless you like liquid proccessors). They are volumetric. Fly down in those ones over the mountains.

I'm sure my pc can handle it and it worked just fine with 'better atmospheres v4' being visibly volumetric from the ground; even out to a fluffy render limit of 100,000 it was ok performance wise. :) just tell me how and I'll try

Edited by praise the suuun

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I adore Astronomer's pack, I wasn't quite happy with some things, such as the auroras, the mun's glow, the colour of duna's atmosphere and the entirety of Jool. So I edited the configs a bit and stuck some new textures in there. If anyone wants to give it a try here's the link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwk8Zm2S3YUKaGtXSEpkbGFDc3c&usp=sharing

Is it just me, or does this pack make Kerbin really, really blue? In the startup splash screen you can't see any land at all. In LKO you can see bits of green land off to the horizon, but directly under the ship it's all blue. Is there a way to turn down the atmospheric scattering a bit?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.