[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Maybe I'm just wrong on it. But... essentially; I really enjoy your parts, they are fantastic. I also really enjoy the added effects through smokescreen etc. that allow proper expansion effects dependent on atmospheric pressure. Is this something you have thought of implementing?

How can i use AN-225 Mryia without FAR?

It is really a pain in the a*s to use FAR with stock aerodinamics model Tantares Launchers.

What's not working? It should work without FAR (other than older craft files where I changed the attach nodes, but if you remove the '//' from those lines it should work).

@plausse,

That's a good idea, I'm not sure how to set up a config for it, but I can check it out (and probably just copy configs for similar existing engines).

It annoys me so much, that there is the American Apollo Lander, but no Soviet LK Lander

Why? Lack just hasn't made one - and after all, the American one was the only one that was ever used. Anyway, if you really need one, there's one in Tantares.

What's not working? It should work without FAR (other than older craft files where I changed the attach nodes, but if you remove the '//' from those lines it should work).

@plausse,

That's a good idea, I'm not sure how to set up a config for it, but I can check it out (and probably just copy configs for similar existing engines).

Sorry for lack of information.I can't lift off without far that is the problem on stock aerodynamics model Mryia and the passenger plane are just too heavy to liftoff

Now that 0.90 is out, how about some nice looking OMS pods? Not like the ones now in SXT, I'd love to see something more boxy and larger (fitting with the new fuselage system). An orange 5m ET (preferably modular, so SDHLVs can be made with it) would also be nice. Basically, a bunch of Shuttle parts would be just the thing for the next SXT. :)

Now that 0.90 is out, how about some nice looking OMS pods? Not like the ones now in SXT, I'd love to see something more boxy and larger (fitting with the new fuselage system). An orange 5m ET (preferably modular, so SDHLVs can be made with it) would also be nice. Basically, a bunch of Shuttle parts would be just the thing for the next SXT. :)

I second this, it would be nice. Although, I'd vote for something Buran-esque, with highly gimballed engines on the radial boosters and a powerful cluster of 4 engines on central booster, while the shuttle has only two small OMS engines.

@Djolox,

Thanks for noticing that. It'll be fixed when I next update.

@Shinsaka,

No problem.

@Dragon01,

Yeah, OMS is due an overhaul.

@Niemand303,

There's already most of the parts for a decent Buran/Energia, got the RD-0120 + 5m adaptor plate for them and the RD-170s for the boosters; so add with two larger more powerful OMS we'd have a pretty nce set.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

More stuff for next version:

0uA9l8k.png

New air-brake (and existing ones rebalanced)

@Djolox,

Thanks for noticing that. It'll be fixed when I next update.

@Shinsaka,

No problem.

@Dragon01,

Yeah, OMS is due an overhaul.

@Niemand303,

There's already most of the parts for a decent Buran/Energia, got the RD-0120 + 5m adaptor plate for them and the RD-170s for the boosters; so add with two larger more powerful OMS we'd have a pretty nce set.

http://imgur.com/a/MLjlz

More stuff for next version:

http://i.imgur.com/0uA9l8k.png

New air-brake (and existing ones rebalanced)

http://imgur.com/a/b32mw

Love the cockpit, this is going to be great. Will be the first mod i install on my new 0.90 install. Right now, playing around in complete stock on default difficulty to experience the game in it's core mode. Then I'll restart my attempt at a youtube series with this and LLL for Kerbal Interstellar Konflict.

Love the cockpit, this is going to be great. Will be the first mod i install on my new 0.90 install. Right now, playing around in complete stock on default difficulty to experience the game in it's core mode. Then I'll restart my attempt at a youtube series with this and LLL for Kerbal Interstellar Konflict.

Thanks. Got a version in game, still some smoothing issues to sort out and a bit more UV mapping. I'd like to have at least a rudimentary IVA in place as well.

Looks nice. Though I can only imagine the look on the poor kerbals face in the last shot. What happened?

The wing really didn't like physical time acceleration, have to strut it on reasonably firmly (and this is just with stock aerodynamics, it's more secure with FAR).

@Avalon304,

If Kerbal Konstructs is updated to 0.90, it should work. Although obviously it's not set up for anything like tech levels.

@Avalon304,

If Kerbal Konstructs is updated to 0.90, it should work. Although obviously it's not set up for anything like tech levels.

I believe constructs is... but Im more worried about the added buildings possible clipping with the Admin building (or other added buildings)... If theres no issues like that then super!

Well, I sure was grateful for SXT's probe core last night when I discovered it has SAS control (and better torque than a manned pod?). Got me through a hairy moment in my progression and let me send up a scientist instead of a pilot... but that said, in the interests of balance, maybe this is something to review for the future? Kinda breaks Squad's vision of technical progression :)

Also as a thought - any chance of something like a small/light gear bay to go with the early plane parts, maybe with a low weight limit? I keep getting survey missions, but I can't work out how to launch horizontally without wheels :D

On another note, thank you for thinking ahead and only using stock textures to keep memory requirements down! Usually a parts mod like this comes with the knowledge that it reduces my time between restarts/crashes even further, but hopefully that won't be the case here :)

Well, I sure was grateful for SXT's probe core last night when I discovered it has SAS control (and better torque than a manned pod?). Got me through a hairy moment in my progression and let me send up a scientist instead of a pilot... but that said, in the interests of balance, maybe this is something to review for the future? Kinda breaks Squad's vision of technical progression :)

Also as a thought - any chance of something like a small/light gear bay to go with the early plane parts, maybe with a low weight limit? I keep getting survey missions, but I can't work out how to launch horizontally without wheels :D

On another note, thank you for thinking ahead and only using stock textures to keep memory requirements down! Usually a parts mod like this comes with the knowledge that it reduces my time between restarts/crashes even further, but hopefully that won't be the case here :)

Which probe-core is that? There's about 3 I think (Don'tstayputnik, JKSS and the 3.75m ones I think), they were balanced back in 0.25, but I haven't checked the new values. What's the torque values on the Squad command pods now? (Haven't got KSP installed on this comp, but just dl'd a copy of SXT)

DontStay - torque = 0.1 for all 3

JKSS - torque = 0.3

SC-XL10 (3.75) = 2.5

Yeah, I've got some modelled some where, but could never get the Unity set up to work (frictionless wheels with no suspension aren't much cop).

Yeah, it started off with just wondering if I could make it work, then if I could make a parts pack doing (pretty much) just that. But it's also turned out to make creating new parts and awful lot quicker/easier; the UV mapping's turned out to be really fun as well, kind of like doing an arty puzzle. Certainly replaced Soduku for me.

EDIT:

Ah, I see what you've mean. They've done some rebalancing. The Dontstayputnik will need rebalancing then, although I still like the idea of having a probe-core earlier, you can make a proper sputnik with it. Forgot about the Ranger as well.

Also, I forgot to mention, the new air-brake should be in the air-brakes sub pack (requires the new firespitter), I just haven't updated the main pack yet.

Going to need to go on a re-naming rampage as well to sort out the parts list.

Edited by Lack

First probe - Dontstayputnik I think. And I'm not sure about the torque, sorry, I'll have to check when I get home. But Jeb (at level 1) wasn't able handle the rocket nearly as well in atmosphere as the DSPN was. Could be that it was something more obscure like FAR's handling of having a DSPN sphere on the nose vs an MK16 parachute. Either way, scientist Bob (or Bill - one of those guys) had a much easier ride to orbit and I wasn't fighting to keep the nose above the horizon :)

Shame about the wheels - it does seem silly that they're so far down a weird branch in the stock tree. Not sure what Squad's goal is there...

First probe - Dontstayputnik I think. And I'm not sure about the torque, sorry, I'll have to check when I get home. But Jeb (at level 1) wasn't able handle the rocket nearly as well in atmosphere as the DSPN was. Could be that it was something more obscure like FAR's handling of having a DSPN sphere on the nose vs an MK16 parachute. Either way, scientist Bob (or Bill - one of those guys) had a much easier ride to orbit and I wasn't fighting to keep the nose above the horizon :)

Shame about the wheels - it does seem silly that they're so far down a weird branch in the stock tree. Not sure what Squad's goal is there...

The DSPutnik has stability assistance still, which I notice has been removed from the early probe-cores now and I think low-tier pilots aren't great at it either. So it could be that, I'll have to remove the capability at the very least.

I'll have to knock up some new models (my old ones weren't great) and see if I can out source it collaborate with someone else, SMCE handled the wheels for the trucks in SXT, so I could possibly ask him.

Edit:

New prop engine

4YnkAe1.png

Edited by Lack

What subsection is the Mk2 Centrifuge Habitat under in game? I can't seem to find it

It's under 'Utility', should be fairly close to the top if you're sorting alphabetically. In-game it's called 'Centrifuge Mk2 Hab' because I'm so incredibly imaginative with my naming.

Trying to get this great looking mod up and running on my .90 OS X install, but I can get the parts to load. I've even tried a completely new install with no other mods. Still having problems. Any thoughts on this?

thanks,

Andrew

Trying to get this great looking mod up and running on my .90 OS X install, but I can get the parts to load. I've even tried a completely new install with no other mods. Still having problems. Any thoughts on this?

thanks,

Andrew

Hmm, I really don't know. Could be an issue with OSX and the parts loader? I've never used any of apple's stuff so I don't know that'd actually be a problems. Anyone else had anything similar?

@Mach,

Yeah, I can take a stab at it.

--

Looks like the next update is going to be mainly aero focused.

Since it was a certain doctor-killing plane's birthday yesterday, I've been re-working the Bonny. You can actually just about fit 4 kerbals in which is neat.

FrdMcQD.png

I've also got 2 other 0.625m cockpits coming (2 seater and a 1 seater), some new wing parts, new prop engines and a Mk3 cockpit. As well as tweaking a few things to work in FAR, etc.

Hopefully they'll all have textured IVAs when they're released. Need to make some smaller control surfaces too. I'm planning on modelling some wheels and seeing if I can find someone who can rig them in Unity as well.

Hmm, I really don't know. Could be an issue with OSX and the parts loader? I've never used any of apple's stuff so I don't know that'd actually be a problems. Anyone else had anything similar?

is there any way to tell what the issue is?