From a Childhood Dream (Latest chapter: Part Six)

Tw1

Part five: I quit!

Many years later....

His days of playing with rockets now mostly behind him, (save the odd experiment here and there,) Harvester had found himself a job with an ambitious young marketing and special events company.

Impressed with both his computer and practical skills, they had hired him almost instantly.

3EwfjWY.png

The work was intense. Harv was responsible for designing, and constructing installations for promotional events.
Working to tight deadlines, handling heavy, expensive equipment, Harv was soon stressed out.
Yet the company continued to take on project after project, each more ambitious than the last.
Before the year was out, Harv reached breaking point. He made the fateful call:

Harv: "I just wanted to let you know, that I'm not going to come in. I quit."

QvZWKeP.png

Goya (Harv's Boss) : "You can't quit," he said. "Take the day off. Go to the park. Walk. And then we will talk. "

Harv: "I'm sorry, It's too much. Thank you. But no thank you."

Goya: " Remember when I asked you first arrived here? I asked you if you had a dream project."

You wanted to explore the sky with rockets. I have contacts in the Kerbin government. Stay for six more months, then we will be able to hire more staff. And we will help you start your rocket project."

Next time: "Let's do it."

Edited by Tw1

Yukon0009 said:
Lol, love that reference to HarvestR's actual backstory!

Launching tinfoil  Kerbals on home made rockets with his friends? Trying to quit a job, then instead getting told he could pursue his dream project?

Also, in that AMA, he said something about them managing to make a two stage rocket once?

... I'm not seeing any parallels whatsoever. :P

Edited by Tw1

• 2 weeks later...
in references, is that the actual squad HQ?

;)

Not if the address they give in their website is out of date, or decoy to stop fans trying to find the real thing.

Though rumor has it KSP is not terribly big in Mexico.

Also, I totally wasn't dancing in the shower tonight after having a small, but brilliant new idea about this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/01/2016 at 1:09 PM, RocketSquid said:

Not technically necroposting yet, the cutoff is two years.

But unfortunately, this does seem dead. Darn.

Sadly, as often seems to happen, dealing with the life gets in the way of my fanworks plans. So consider it comatose, but still showing some signs of life. I've still got scripts and drawings in progress, so another part some day is not out of the question.

UqSHuls.png

It's just a case of waiting for alignments of time, will, and energy. 

Edited by Tw1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Part 6:  Let's do it!

What an offer!
Yet his boss was dead serious. Harv pondered his options.  Sure, the work was stressful, and he was through with working there, but is an opportunity like this something to pass up?

He went to the park and pondered. After an hour he returned home. 
He had some phone calls to make.

Elsewhere:

Jeb: "Go Val! Go Val!"

Valentina Kerman: "I'm gonna do it! I'm lighting the fuse!"

Jeb: "Go Val! Go Val!"

13DfJjd.png

♪Riiïiiïîìnñnnniinnnning!♫

*BaaaannG!* *kracckle/Woosh!*

Val: "Weeeeeeeee!" :D

Jeb:  :D :D "Can somebody get the phone?"

Bill (Thinking to himself): "Hey.... this could work in reverse. The parabolic shape could be used to direct thrust. It might be more effective than a hose nozzle..... Darn it, focus. Got to finish this."

K7VLTz1.png

♫Briiing Briiing! ♪Briiing Briiing!♫

Bill: "Hello?"

Bob: "Do you think kerbals will ever visit any of these planets?"

Wernher: "I can't say Bob. But I remain hopeful."

8F51wr1.jpg
50 points to anyone who can pick the two shout outs, and all the references in this image.

Wernher:  "600 years ago, few kerbals left their home country. Ocean travel was a long and dangerous process, but then we invented boats. Today we are having ships cross the ocean in hours." 

Bob: "I think we'll do it. I think it's possible."

♪Riniiiiiing ♫ring ring ♪ring Riniiiiiing♫

Wernher: "I'll get it."

.  .  .  . 

Wernher: "It is Harvester."

.  .  .  .  .  .

Wernher: "Yes! Yes! Yes! Say yes!"

Harv rang his boss back that evening.  

Harvester: "Let's do it. I'll stay."

Goyarza: "Six months. And then we will build rockets."

Next time: Government authorisation

See? Still going. Make sure you click follow so you won't miss the eventual next one!
(Especially as subscriptions settings were lost in the forum upgrade)

Edited by Tw1

• 1 year later...

So,though I continue to break records for slowest updating story ever (Sorry guys, thanks for sticking around.) more is in the works.

V8h4liH.png

In a previous upload, I created one character to represent both Adrian Goya and Ezequiel Ayarza. Now I'm considering editing, and doing them as separate characters. Any thoughts on this?

Adrian Goya 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/14/2017 at 5:06 AM, Tw1 said:

So,though I continue to break records for slowest updating story ever (Sorry guys, thanks for sticking around.) more is in the works.

V8h4liH.png

In a previous upload, I created one character to represent both Adrian Goya and Ezequiel Ayarza. Now I'm considering editing, and doing them as separate characters. Any thoughts on this?

Adrian Goya 

Heh. 5 chapters in three years.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.