[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

cybutek

How would it know how to?

Package managers are *not* easy to make.

(Correction: bad ones are easy to make. Good ones take a lot of effort and planning. Really good ones remove the effort of metadata generation as much as possible from the package makers, and thus take even *more* effort and planning.)

How would it know how to?

Package managers are *not* easy to make.

(Correction: bad ones are easy to make. Good ones take a lot of effort and planning. Really good ones remove the effort of metadata generation as much as possible from the package makers, and thus take even *more* effort and planning.)

How about just downloading the mods, then? Even that would make it easier, than visiting each webpage manually.

How about just downloading the mods, then? Even that would make it easier, than visiting each webpage manually.

The problem is, as Nathan said, metadata. How would it know how to download the mod? Because it's not the same thing if the mod is hosted on curse, mediafire, kerbalstuff, github... each site is very different in how it handles downloads.

I kinda don't want AVC to become a package manager for the simple reason that so far all the mod managers have pretty much either failed or have been adopted by very few people, because of these problems. I'd like to see AVC become a standard, and I fear that managing features would end up hindering the adoption. Or maybe I'm completely wrong, dunno.

Is there any chance of getting a stand-alone version check executable? i spent the last hour wandering about updating various mods, only to start KSP, wait 2 minutes for ATM to populate it's texture cache, and get update alert from AVC on Universal Storage.

This is AVC working exactly as intended, but i'd like to be able to run a "everything ready?" pass before starting KSP's longer then average loading process.

Is there any chance of getting a stand-alone version check executable? i spent the last hour wandering about updating various mods, only to start KSP, wait 2 minutes for ATM to populate it's texture cache, and get update alert from AVC on Universal Storage.

This is AVC working exactly as intended, but i'd like to be able to run a "everything ready?" pass before starting KSP's longer then average loading process.

"This system is a spawn from Tyrope's endevours on this thread" = http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71488-Python-All-OS-KSP-AVC-Kerbal-Space-Program-Add-on-Version-Checker. Tyrope's version is a Python script that you can run outside the game. Sadly, it looks like he has discontinued it.

Having said that, I usually find the add-on checker runs within the first minute or so of launching KSP, so I never have to wait for it to finish loading before getting the notifications. I just Alt+F4 at that point, download and install the updates, and run again. I feel that it does not require that much extra time. I don't have ATM though so that may be affecting your experience.

I should add that this mod is making it much easier and faster to keep my mods up to date. I love it :cool:

does this work with interstellar lite? i noticed i dont see interstellar in the dropdown list though im certain i have latest version

I've just had a look and the Interstellar Lite package doesn't have a .version file yet. KSP-AVC works based on .version files for update checking, so if a mod doesn't contain one, then it cannot be checked... If anyone has any mods that are not supported and wish they were, just give the author a nudge to include one :)

something strange has happened. initially this mod functioned fine. now however the drop list on the loading screen to show all installed mods no longer functions. the list button is there, but if I click on it the list does not appear. a small graphical change does occur like it is trying to display the list but that is all. any ideas what might cause this? what mods I may have installed that broke it etc.

I removed all the mods from my install and put them back slowly until I found the culprit. it is the Hexcan mod. any ideas why the hexcan mod would break the drop menu for this mod?

Isn't the "hexcan mod" TAC LS? It's working fine for me, last time I checked.

Sorry for stealing this thread, but do anyone know if there's an out of game tool that does the same thing as KSP-AVC?

I love the addon, and with more and more addons using .version files, it really simplifies the upkeep. The annoying part is that I don't know until after the 2 minute long load-time of KSP and then I have to restart the game after updating the addons.

If there is no such tool, I was considering making it myself. If so, am I allowed to query ksp-avc.cybutek.net for the versions?

Sorry for stealing this thread, but do anyone know if there's an out of game tool that does the same thing as KSP-AVC?

I love the addon, and with more and more addons using .version files, it really simplifies the upkeep. The annoying part is that I don't know until after the 2 minute long load-time of KSP and then I have to restart the game after updating the addons.

If there is no such tool, I was considering making it myself. If so, am I allowed to query ksp-avc.cybutek.net for the versions?

Believe it or not, this mod started as an out-of-game tool. the out of game tool is now long since deprecated, so it would have to be recreated from scratch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.